• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

Gonner_88

Established Member
Kraig said:
just moved to 65 games unbeaten in la liga! well chuffed with my side! :D

Looking to be back to back invincibles! :lol:

110 games unbeaten in la liga 8))

La Liga title: 3

Spanish Cup: 3

Champions League: 2 (in the final vs Juventus for the third one)

Club World Championship: 2

Spanish Super Cup: 2

European Super Cup: 2

World Cup: 1

European Championships: 0 (first one in 2012...can't wait) :)

I'm the best Holland manager ever.....Cruyff's got nothing on me!!!

PS: Good luck on your back to back invincibles quest Kraig :)

invisibleman18

Established Member
Do you guys ever find it boring winning everything every season?

I've never been particularly brilliant although to be fair I don't play it excessively and usually only make it 3, maybe 4 seasons into the game until I either get sacked or the next version comes out. Just finished my 1st season with Arsenal in 3rd, and challenged until quite late on (similar to last season in real life really) and it's the best I can remember ever doing in the PL (been playing since the 07 version of the game), especially in a 1st season. I once won the Champions League with us, I think on the 09 version (and celebrated it as if it was real!) and I've made a couple of League Cup and FA Cup Finals in the past (all lost), but that's the extent of my success. Not got much on some of you guys!

mo50

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:

I've never been particularly brilliant although to be fair I don't play it excessively and usually only make it 3, maybe 4 seasons into the game until I either get sacked or the next version comes out. Just finished my 1st season with Arsenal in 3rd, and challenged until quite late on (similar to last season in real life really) and it's the best I can remember ever doing in the PL (been playing since the 07 version of the game), especially in a 1st season. I once won the Champions League with us, I think on the 09 version (and celebrated it as if it was real!) and I've made a couple of League Cup and FA Cup Finals in the past (all lost), but that's the extent of my success. Not got much on some of you guys!

I experience the same things too. I've only ever won the league once, and after 4-5 seasons, I become disinterested and stop playing.

This thread has inspired me to start the game up once more, and try to get as far as I can before Uni starts up again.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I love the game. And the fact I struggle to win things probably keeps bringing me back to it. If I won virtually everything every season and went on 100 game unbeaten runs I reckon I'd get pretty bored quickly. I love the fact that I find it difficult to get quite good and it's a real challenge to gain success. I remember my 1 CL win as if it was yesterday, it felt like Arsenal really winning it! Would have looked a right arse celebrating in my room! :lol:

I remember the epic semi final, I was in the 2nd leg away at AC Milan and was 2 goals up on aggregate with 3 minutes to play. Then I had a player sent off and inevitably they scored 2 goals just like that to go to extra time. I then had another sent off right at the start of extra time and was dead for all money camped in my half. Then I got a break away and Adebayor (!) smashed it in then minutes later did the same again!

I know I'll really enjoy it the day I finally win a title, but I'm not sure I would if I was winning them every year for 10 seasons or more in a row etc. That's probably why I try to stay away from other people's suggested unbeatable tactics on forums and all that, I really want to win something on my own. Occasionally I have a look for a few tips on training and what roles to get the best out of certain players etc, but not entire tactics.

Gonner_88

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:

Not really invisisble. I think the main reason why some of us here don't find it boring is that we have talented players coming through our ranks and we want to play with them in our teams.

It's like building a whole new team from scratch and it's satisfying. Also, I think some of the more consistent players here like P_Gunner or Entropy reach 2022 or 2042 by playing the game for 1-3 hours per day so they don't get bored.

I know what you mean by celebrating wins on FM2010. I look like a right plonker when celebrating :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why is it so hard to sign players in the game? I'm not even talking about the really top players, but I can't even sign the Vincent Kompanys and Adil Ramis of this world. Granted, as Villarreal manager I don't have too much money but still.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I have similar trouble. When I sign the players I want I end up having to spend ridiculous amounts, often way over double the player's quoted value, then go onto forums and read about people getting the same player for half of what I spent.

And then when it comes to selling players, I can't remember ever being able to sell a player for a penny above the supposed value the game gives him, on any version of the game. Why do I have to pay way over the value to buy players but can't get an offer even 1 pound above value for players I try to sell?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Its not ideal to buy established players because clubs will demand alot. You should be looking for people whose contract is expiring or quality free agents. Also some transfer listed might be good as well. Otherwise do what I always do, which is to find players with substantial potential.

I find it easy to sell players. If they are useless I don't mind selling below transfer value, if they are good i am always able to sell at double the value

entropy13

Established Member
Selling players is my expertise, if I may say so myself, and the "Arsenal curse" is quite strong with them too. :lol: Thus far, among the players I've sold that are still in the game only one player had a "better" career than when he was at Arsenal, although granted he was just a backup with my team and starts for Birmingham, and then Charlton (where I still had part of the transfer fee). He was also top goalscorer too. In another striker's case, he wasn't exactly bringing in the goals for Sheffield Wednesday. After his dismal season his club bought another striker from me who after two months into the season is still not that impressive too. :lol:

Bidding clubs are more likely to bid through installments, and since the club is financially sound anyway I don't really need cash upfront and is content with waiting for 24 months.

entropy13

Established Member
A post in my blog about my game:
<a class="postlink" href="http://entropy13.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/jacques-santin-like-father-like-son-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://entropy13.wordpress.com/2010/07/ ... ike-son-1/</a>

P_Gunner

Has it ever happened to one of you guys where in the middle of the season one of your players randomly get unregistered for the premiership? Its happened to me like twice now.

stuart

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
I have similar trouble. When I sign the players I want I end up having to spend ridiculous amounts, often way over double the player's quoted value, then go onto forums and read about people getting the same player for half of what I spent.

And then when it comes to selling players, I can't remember ever being able to sell a player for a penny above the supposed value the game gives him, on any version of the game. Why do I have to pay way over the value to buy players but can't get an offer even 1 pound above value for players I try to sell?

Have the same problems. I've had to let Barton go on a free there, couldn't even get someone to pay a few million for him, very frustrating.

My third season with Newcastle has just finished with me coming second, just behind Liverpool. Hoping to win the league this coming season.

My team looks something like this..

Hart

Collocini
Bayal
Otamendi
Kadar

Jonas
Sissoko
Felliani
Di Maria

Cardozo
Gignac

Id recommend everyone to sign Cardozo if its a striker your looking for. Has hit 30 both seasons he's been with me and he comes relatively cheap (as do all Benfica players, it seems)

Not sure who to sign now to take the team to the next level. Surprisingly, im finding it difficult to come across players better than the likes of Jonas, Hart and Collocini who you would imagine to be weak links of the team. At the minute it looks like all im going to manage is a few back up players rather than world class ones.

squallkid

Established Member
Does anyone here have football manager for the psp?

I can't get it for the comp for reasons I won't go into.

Is it any good for psp?

P_Gunner

Won the premiership again with QPR on match day 38 - finishing with 84 points (my lowest ever tally as champion). Second was City with 82 points, they drew their final match of the season.

My contract expired, I decided not to renew it and I have moved to Barcelona after about 14 faithful years with QPR. Barcelona is no longer a CL team, but more of a Europa league team and the media's prediction is that they will finish 4rth behind Atletico, Real Madrid and Espanol.

Will be interesting to see how far I can reach with them this year.

entropy13

Established Member
Both Chesterfield and Charlton are in the Prem, both in danger of being relegated, then I get some league news like this: "Chesterfield signs Charlton" :lol:

invisibleman18

Established Member
In January of my 2nd season an I have just hit top of the league for the first time in this career. Only on goals scored though (equal goal difference with Sp**s!) but I do have a game in hand. 22 games played. Got a good chance of challenging for my first ever league title on one of these games now!

Am also in the League Cup semi final against Chelsea having played a typically young team throughout and added a bit more experience as we got further. Drew the home leg 0-0 and have the away leg to come. Interestingly Lansbury has been my main man in this competition, been awesome.

Got Real Madrid in the first knockout round of the CL having lost a couple of away games and come 2nd in the group.

Also Arshavin has been my best player so far this season but he is now demanding a move to a "bigger club." Yet only Liverpool are bidding.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Always only ever been Arsenal. Although I never really play it excessively - hence I'm only half way through season 2 and the 2011 version is already about to come out! Think I've played each version since 2007 but never gone further than about 4 seasons.

Never had much success as I mentioned further up this page. I won the CL once in the 2009 version but that's the only thing I've won before. Challenged for the league a few times but have always ended up 3rd and I've had a few cup semi finals and 1 league cup final I can remember. Hopefully I can win something this season!

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom