• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

invisibleman18

Established Member
First season Vermaelen picked up a cruciate injury after 10 games and missed the whole season.

Finally got round to starting season 2 after a bit of a break and am at home to Sp**s in the first game. Cesc off injured after 20 minutes. Losing 1-0 then Vermaelen equalises in the 70th minute and goes off injured. Finish 1-1 then check the emails to find Vermaelen has broken his ankle and will be out for 3-4 months and Cesc is also out for 3-4 months. FFS.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I have 10.3, I wasn't aware there was a later patch?

I don't really have an injury bug problem. Vermaelen was the only major one in the first season along with the typical niggles and 3-4 week injuries here and there you'd expect. Just happens the same guy has got another one in the second season. Maybe I trained him too hard and pushed him too much in pre-season to get him match fit after the first big injury. Was a broken ankle though, not another cruciate or something.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Oh ok, thought you were still playing 10.1. Yep 10.3 is the latest.

entropy13

Established Member
FM09 but I had to post this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5863/dickkok.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5863/dickkok.jpg</a>

Gonner_88

Established Member
entropy13 said:
FM09 but I had to post this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5863/dickkok.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5863/dickkok.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

Gonner_88

Established Member
I love reading this thread and thanks to all those who contributed :)

I am currently into my third season (2011/12) as Atketico Madrid manager and to date I have not lost a single game. What I first did was sell most of the oldies and replaced them with youngsters (wonderkids) and few experienced players. I use 4-3-3 for most of my games except one or two games where I ahve to tweak the formation to get the best result against say Barcelona, R.Madrid, or some other BIG team.

My best signing has been Diego Buonanotte and he is an incredible player. Scores few goals but his assists are out of this world (38 assists in his first season for me). Diego Forlan is a monster in this game because he scored 75 goals and 18 assists for me in my second season (I swear to God I am not lying).

My under 19's team is full of promising youngsters and all of those players who weren't good enough for the club were released. I am a bit like Wenger as I will not spend over £20 million for one player :lol: and the closest I got to that figure was when I bought Montolivo for £19.5 million.

I have every trophy available including the World Cup with France :D

I am loving this game but I can never go beyond 5 seasons as I get bored. How do you guys end up managing till 2022 or something like that lol.

entropy13

Established Member
Gonner_88 said:
I am loving this game but I can never go beyond 5 seasons as I get bored. How do you guys end up managing till 2022 or something like that lol.

Check the date in the screenshot I posted. :wink:

How? Well I don't just play it for hours straight. It's always "bursts" of 10-30 minutes. In between I minimize it (I use windowed mode) and do something else (like read and post here at A-M, for example). So I can do a lot of 30-minute game times. Sometimes I can do some 1 hour straight, but it's quite rare.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I just started a Leeds game, going well after reading the TT guide. I seem to get a lot of goals in this game from goalkicks going over the defense with my striker latching on to it and scoring.

Question: Anyone got a good set up for scoring from corners?

Leaking too many goals

P_Gunner

entropy13 said:
Gonner_88 said:

Check the date in the screenshot I posted. :wink:

How? Well I don't just play it for hours straight. It's always "bursts" of 10-30 minutes. In between I minimize it (I use windowed mode) and do something else (like read and post here at A-M, for example). So I can do a lot of 30-minute game times. Sometimes I can do some 1 hour straight, but it's quite rare.

I play for hours on end, but not on a daily basis. Usually whenever Arsenal win a game or I watch a very exciting game of football I'm in the mood for more and jump to fm. Sometimes I just feel like playing as well, but I sometimes go a month without opening it then play it all day every day for about a week or 2.

If anyone is interested, England won world cup 2022.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just won the world cup with Belgium :) Holland, Brazil, Italy, Chile, Spain(my grp), Argentina went out in the first stage to name a few. Went through as 2nd place team behind England. Won 1-0 against Russia in the 2nd stage, won 4-2 against USA in the quarters(pegged back twice but scored 2 late goals).

Then it was the Semi and it was an amazing match. Against Colombia, won 5-3. Got pegged back each time I scored a goal till 3-3, they scored in the 83rd min. Vertonghen was sent off in the 43rd min. I have a pen and Miralles scored in the 88th min. Subsequently I had another penalty in the 89th min but the same guy missed. Dembele then scored again in the 94th min.

Won the final in a boring match. 1-0 against Germany Hazard with the winner in the 8th min.

So far actually I just realised I havent won the confederation cup and Asian cup. Won the world cup with France in 2010 and now with Belgium in 2014. Won Gold and Copa win Mexico, and Euros with Russia. Immediately after the finals 7 teams offered me a job but I rejected all to take Iran for my asian cup dream.

Jasard

I'm 20 league games in to my first season with Leeds. Not lost a league game yet! Which is pretty darn good for me. Knocked out of League Cup to West Ham 4-2.

I've had 14 different goal scorers. Only one of my CMs and my Keeper havnt scored from my first team, pretty impressive! Grella has scored 14 and Beckford 11. Barazite 8 :).

Kraig

Established Member
the year is 2020 and I currently have a 57 league game unbeaten run with my real madrid team. Having done the treble in my first full season (as well as a league title in the january i took over) im looking to cement myself as a club legend before resigning to take a job at a lower league club. Got some sick regens in my side, especially a Russian striker called Ruslan Magomedov! :D

My carrer has taken me to alot of leagues in europe. Starting off as manager of Plymouth, moving to Chievo Verona, Deportivo, England U21's, Crystal Palace and Zenit St Petersberg. Im also the current manager of Brazil in my quest for world cup glory.

Jasard

What the hell... my Leeds team has gone from dominating every game and not losing for 20 to being absolutely awful. I dont get it.

My strikers were doing amazing, now despite getting in a one on one with the keeper like 5 times a match they hit it straight at him each time. :evil:

Kraig

Established Member
just moved to 65 games unbeaten in la liga! well chuffed with my side! :D

Looking to be back to back invincibles! :lol:

P_Gunner

Kraig said:
just moved to 65 games unbeaten in la liga! well chuffed with my side! :D

Looking to be back to back invincibles! :lol:

Thats better than me. My best is about 57 unbeaten and during that period I never went either season unbeaten. I was unbeaten for a full season about 4 years ago, but I lost on the opening day in the following season - not even reaching the 50 mark.

Hope you do the double.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom