• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2014

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Enoch said:
I don't use any tactics for corners. The only thing i do for corners is decide who the kick takers are on each side, that's about it.

I always go 4-3-3 with Ramsey and Wilshere taking the CM spots, then i go out and buy a DM. But since Özil was bought, i still play Wilshere and Ramsey at CM and have Özil at CAM, no DM though.

I was doing that but conceded loads of goals away.

E

Enoch

Jasard said:
I was doing that but conceded loads of goals away.

Its a risk i must admit, but i don't concede a lot. I have Wilshere the one being more of the attacker out of the two because Wilshere is more of the CAM in the game, that's his best position in the game, but since i have Özil i just put Jack at CM and have him at straight attacking, Ramsey is the one that helps with the defending, i have Ramsey at box to box. What i'm waiting to do is when the time comes i'm going to sell Özil, buy Pogba and have him and Ramsey switch roles, move Wilshere to CAM and have Ramsey attack while Pogba stays back. Mouth watering MID that, considering that Pogba is one of the best young MIDs in the game, he becomes the best CM in the game if i remember correctly, i think Kovacic is up there as well.

This might be the first year i wont play 4-3-3, i want to though, i've even thought the possibility of Ramsey-Pogba-Wilshere, three CMs, but i don't know, i'll see what happens.

E

Enoch

Its official, in my FM14 save that is.

BbJPnv-CMAAWI7z.jpg:large

They're even s**t in the game :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He lasted 3 months in my game too. Now AVB is the United manager, for 2 years already.

E

Enoch

Clrnc said:
He lasted 3 months in my game too. Now AVB is the United manager, for 2 years already.

That's who i was hoping they'd sign, instead, they signed Klopp. He brought them back all the way to fourth and that's where they finished as well. Was hoping they'd get a lesser manager than him so they can finish outside the European slots, but fourth for them it is. I hope Klopp leaves them for the German National side, or a club outside of England.

Was surprised to see Will Hughes and Ward-Prowse being among the top young CMs in the game with a high potential, i signed Hughes because Southampton wanted a lot for Prowse. Luke Shaw as well becomes one of the best LBs in the world, they're youth academy is amazing. Speaking of which, something i found strange was when they announced the new youth intake of players, in my first season, i have a wonder-kid, this has never happened, English player as well. Usually it'd take ages for the game to generate a wonder-kid from the academy, even with youth facilities and youth recruitment on the highest, but it only took the first season in this game and without upgrade. I did upgrade the facilities and everything afterwards, so i hope it continues.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Anyone fancy uploading their tactics?

My missus bought me FM 14 for Christmas (she wasn't to know... Bless her), and currently I've got an online game going with my two brothers. I'm Arsenal and I will say Mertesacker is a goal scoring machine from corners, almost every corner he scores :lol:. In December and he has 11 goals!

I'm going to begin a new save with Aston Villa, I like the fact they have a good selection of strikers and a young team, gonna make Lambert seem like an awful appointment when I'm done ;).

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Does SI games hate Arsenal for some reason?

I find it very hard to get anything good going with Arsenal

and it is not that I suck, I have won with other teams

roma serie A in first season and Dortmund the double and CL season 2

I have tried different setups 4-2-3-1 variants.

It is like Arsenal players are severly undervalued and very injury prone.

Not only are first team players severly lacking in stats.

I get good to great signings in
Lewandowski who hasn't scored for 10 games (albeit he has played a few on the right AM

Bradley from roma has gotten 4 red cards, two after setting him to calmer tackling

Contrao has been good thou even after having to play both RB and DM and CM

I mean Walcott?
Gibbs?
Flamini
not stats worthy of being starters IMO, way too low on many stats for my liking.

but the worst is the stats for some of our young hotshots, you can't start a player like gnabry or even play him but IRL, noone in the reserves are even worthwhile to take to the bench

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
And you can't sign Brandao, I have loved him these past 3 FMs

:p

he did great in both my Roma and Dortmund games

always does great

Jasard

I've had similar, but not since the latest update.

I feel like there are a lot of engine issues in this version, finishing seems incredibly inaccurate... I have so many games where I could have scored like 10 clear chances.

And the away 'penalty' is so over the top. Going all out attack against a ****e team should mean I batter them, not lose. Being away means my finishing is even more inaccurate? Okay then...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah its ridiculous. My top scorers are mostly from corners

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I can't for the life of me stop conceding from set pieces. Literally every team I play score against me from a corner.

I tried everything to stop it, but nothing works. I eventually put it down to having a keeper that didn't have a high rating in 'command of area' so I splashed big on a new one but even he's been utter crap and can't stop the trend.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Cudareli said:
I can't for the life of me stop conceding from set pieces. Literally every team I play score against me from a corner.

I tried everything to stop it, but nothing works. I eventually put it down to having a keeper that didn't have a high rating in 'command of area' so I splashed big on a new one but even he's been utter crap and can't stop the trend.

Had the same problem, fixed it by having a big, strong guy marking the 6 yard box.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

ferrarif50hunt said:
Defending is non existent in this game. Defenders just get walked past like they aren't there.
<a class="postlink" href="http://i62.tinypic.com/35n8mtg.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i62.tinypic.com/35n8mtg.png</a>

Unreal. Absolutely unreal.

Giroud

Established Member
Clrnc said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
Defending is non existent in this game. Defenders just get walked past like they aren't there.
<a class="postlink" href="http://i62.tinypic.com/35n8mtg.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i62.tinypic.com/35n8mtg.png</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unreal. Absolutely unreal.

My Atletico CP side drew 6-6 with the Benfica B team (FM 2013), the defending can be criminal as has been said.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why are you playing at that level though?

My match was insane though, from 5-1 to 5-6 in a euro cup final. Number of shots in both sides were immense too

Giroud

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Why are you playing at that level though?

My match was insane though, from 5-1 to 5-6 in a euro cup final. Number of shots in both sides were immense too

Needed a new challenge so I started a new career in the Portuguese 2nd division. Having good fun in this league even though we conceded over 70 goals last season, almost two a game. :lol: Managed a 13th place finish which wasn't too bad for a side odds on for relegation.

Jasard

Both love and hate the game this year. But it's actually really gone backwards in terms of realism in the match engine, it's pretty awful now and seems worse with every patch. Not sure if I'll buy 2015...

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom