Football Manager 2018

Discussion in 'Football Games (FIFA, FM, FPL, etc.)' started by krackpot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Is the create a club still there?

you think you can do what I propose but have 2 clubs disappear?

and have the new club keep arsenal records and EL place?

2. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

buy it in the steam sale

3. YeahBee

You think my idea is possible?

4. krackpot

I understand why you wanted to do that.

the problem (not technical) would be that FM does not simulate these events properly, so it would be like any other game after a while.

5. krackpot

It will not be possible to just delete it, you'd have to replace it with another club.

What you want is strategy, and methinks you should go for another grand strategy game, FM is mainly for Match Engine/tactics.

6. YeahBee

Yeah I know the game as such. Played loads just skipped the 2 latest

I often make my own "rules" or other challenges to make it interesting

My funnest challenge/game was inter Milan a few years ago

Super defensive, cynical, set piece experts, purposly premiered aggression, work rate etc

krackpot likes this.
  7. YeahBee

So I did it

couldn't remove tottenham but gutted them with players and edited their economy and squad/managment and lowered their economy, rep and facilities with the ingame editor, couldn't change their name either but they are playing at Levy Stadium with 30k max :p

Squad
    Lloris
    Cech
    Bellerin
    Kola
    Rose
    Mustafi
    Kos
    Toby
    Holding
    Dier
    Dembele
    Xhaka
    Jack
    Ramsey
    Ali
    Iwobi
    Lacazette
    Kane
    Özil

Ainsley
    Eddie
    Reiss
    Macey

a couple of tottenham youngster can't recall their names now

and 20 or so 15-16 year olds at random

So rules for myself
    1: don't touch the ingame editor anymore obviously
    2: Only buy u18 players
    3: if a senior player wants to go and I can't entice them to stay I am allowed to buy a max 21 year old
    4: Only 1 year extensions for +30 year olds

krackpot and al-Ustaadh like this.
  8. YeahBee

predictions? win the league?

theo
    danny
    chambers all signed for Everton

9. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Anybody know when the update with the winter window transfers for FM 2018 comes out?

10. salvat

salvat Liked Your Post

Been out early March previous years, like March 6th or something.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  11. YeahBee

My North London United experiment somewhat failed

ended up second place in the league, won europa and out in semis in both cups (was rotating heavy in the cups thou)

no fun to continue because almost all my players are being tapped up heavily. doesn't matter if I offer them huge contracts, they still wanna leave it seems

So I started a new club, I want a team of killers and run people down

create a club with real but selected a bunch of ass-kickers

de gea
    caravajo, ramos, thiago silva, kolasinac
    vidal, camacho kante
    muller sanchez
    lewandowski
    loads of press, hard tackles, tight marking, counterattack long balls

and a bunch of others all with high workrate, teamwork, stamina and aggression :)

seems to be working, too good, they are kicking the **** out of each other in pre-season and I have like 8 injured now :p

krackpot likes this.
  12. krackpot

haha, good going.

A rugby team :p

YeahBee likes this.
  13. YeahBee

frekkin impossible to have a great squad now it seems. too many players *****ing about not playing

think I will have to redo it

and have u-18s that can cover and maybe a couple of 32.ish + players

pick a smaller team so I don't have a HUUUGE budget and be tempted :p

14. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Some update on steam today don't think it was transfers though.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  15. YeahBee

I had 38% possesion away vs Barca and still managed to win :D

I had no quals about going to Nou camp and playing a very very deep 4-2dms-3 LM, CM, RM and one lone striker

Alexis putting in a great shift as a regular old fashioned winger

16. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Which is the latest edition which has been successfully cracked?

Might have a quickie before Uni starts again.

17. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Don't do it, you know where it ends up :lol:

As for me I'm getting round to finally playing 17 and am really liking it actually.

I'm doing really well as Arsenal, in the finals of the FA Cup and CL and walked the league in my first season. Welbeck is pretty OP I think. :lol:

Normally just do Shrewsbury saves but thought it'd be fun to have a top tier slot for once.

I've tried to develop a total football formation and am gonna look to use the academy wherever possible with a couple of big signings here and there.

Also like the lack of editor in this, would always end up dicking around with it and complete ruin all my saves in the older versions.

krackpot and BobP like this.
  18. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too ****ing right.

Is it much different tactically?

I've only ever done a single save with Arsenal in my entire time playing FM. It was the most Arsenal season ever.

Absolutely flying in the first half of the season. Giroud and Sanchez were on absolute fire, they former in particular had scored 20 something goals in all competitions midway through the season. Injuries built up however and we lost to Leverkusen in the R16 on away goals. Our lead in the league got whittled away to nothing as we continuously drew games.

The part on the academy reminds me of my Everton save.

After a couple of seasons I started using Jonjoe Kenny as backup to Coleman with Browning on loan. With a name like that I was 100% convinced that he was black. Imagine my shock when I saw him live :lol:.

krackpot likes this.
  19. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Really like the tactics on it myself just because there's so many different player roles now. Love a cheeky enganche or two.

And yeah I was amazed how OP Welbz and Giroud were for me, think they got like 45 goals or something mental between them. I fell away after Christmas badly as well but only dropped points once before, so the league was pretty much won.

Love that academy story :lol: I was convinced Jose Baxter and Ryan Gauld would be superstars in real life off the back of FM 13. How wrong I was :lol:

20. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

My first order of business in the last 3 years of FM was to go into the editor and nerf Giroud. No idea why they made him so good. He was literally a guaranteed 25 goals per season in the league alone.

What I usually did was keep his attributes the same but make him A LOT more inconsistent, which I felt was a fair compromise. Giroud could be straight fire for months and then turn into Bendtner's challenged cousin the following months.