• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Marcelo was something else at his peak. Surprises me a bit that people don’t talk about him as much as Roberto Carlos tbh.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Marcelo was something else at his peak. Surprises me a bit that people don’t talk about him as much as Roberto Carlos tbh.

Peak Roberto Carlos was a while ago has more of a nostalgia factor I guess. Feels like Marcelo was still balling yesterday

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

CL is nothing like these periods when Real Madrid’s attack could rip you apart in seconds and the MSN partnership:

Injuries or not, we should be confident that we can do it given that the competition is at an all time low.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

He's not wrong, as mad as that sounds.

Saw some people on the Sharky Does Sports podcast say that the famous Brazil v France match in 2006 (the Zidane masterclass) was and I quote "League 1 level" compared to today.

Zizou, Ronaldinho, Henry, Ronaldo, Vieira, Kaka, Ribery amd Adriano all played in that game ffs 🤣

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's not wrong, as mad as that sounds.

Saw some people on the Sharky Does Sports podcast say that the famous Brazil v France match in 2006 (the Zidane masterclass) was and I quote "League 1 level" compared to today.

Zizou, Ronaldinho, Henry, Ronaldo, Vieira and Kaka all played in that game ffs 🤣
It’s actually crazy how football has fallen off in terms of individuals. It’s like we got blessed with CR7 and Messi to end the golden era with a bang.

Now look at us.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Just watched this brilliant documentary about the legend of Ronaldinho

Ronad1nh0: The happiest man in the world

I encourage those who didn't to watch it.

It is a fantastic production and it makes you realize what a special, truly magical player he was. Shame that he hit hiss peak right at the final in Paris, however he was one of the last of football icons who brought joy of watching football and inspired people beyond football.

it was also very sad to see how much the exit from World Cup in 2006 had hit him emotionally, psychologically and on the pitch. That was then coupled with his off-field antics, however he was a phenomenal player.

@El Duderino I am sure you will relate to a lot of the things about Brazilian culture he mentions there. Some phrases like gingo, saudad I guess can only be explained by people who live there.

Also, I couldn't help but feel sad of him when on many moments as the camera was focusing on him in present, he had that empty look in his eyes. That shining light was gone.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He really did have the lot, skill, strength, pace, vision, awareness, accuracy and weight of pass. For a footballer who is universally rated I still feel he is a little underrated if that makes sense.
He literally has a turn named after him though. I think any real football fan should understand his importance to the game.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom