• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesc Fabregas

Andrew

He is not the world's best player yet. But he's only 17 and settled in without problems. And this was no lower league team, this was one that had Keane and Scholes in it! That is the ultimate test in the Premier League. He has shown me that he is ready at least to be a back-up for that central midfield spot.

Just forget about his age because he plays beyond his years. He did nothing magical but was very solid. He will be a top player in the future if things go his way.

Aussie

Established Member
THE MULLET IS BACK

People were asking for the Freddie haircut now people all around the world are going

"give us a Francesc Fabregas thanks"

Soler

Established Member
Adam said:
I have to keep drumming into my head that he is 16. 16!

Patrick knew this lads talent. I really hope Vieira stays to partner him in the future. That said, i think Edu is currently our older Cesc.

17, Adam. 17. About six weeks older than I am ;)

efurze

Could we transplant 6 inches from Viera to Cesc before we sell PV to madrid? "You can go, just leave your size."

Cesc was great, but he needs to grow! Do you guys think he's big enough to play as a Wenger-type CM? Or will Wenger abandon his 2-DCM philosophy?

tox

I believe if a player is good enough his size doesn't matter. Look at dennis wise :wink:

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, I'm 20 and i'm still growing...

Hey, Loyan, calidad is Spanish. In French is qualité. Correct me if I'm wrong, Brian. :wink:

Soler

Established Member
efurze said:
Could we transplant 6 inches from Viera to Cesc before we sell PV to madrid? "You can go, just leave your size."

Cesc was great, but he needs to grow! Do you guys think he's big enough to play as a Wenger-type CM? Or will Wenger abandon his 2-DCM philosophy?

But he will grow. Just look at Reyes when he arrived, he was like a feather and now look at him, he's bulked up a lot. Cesc is still only a kid (literally), we have to remember. His body will fill out over the next three to four years and he'll probably be similar in shape and size to Edgar Davids.

Only better.

MightyArsenal

Bah stop going on about him being short..when he first came he was tiny, hes defeniantly grown since then and thats been about 6 months, he'll keep growing for the next couple of years at least!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
MightyArsenal said:
Martin tyler said of cesc " Hes widely regarded as the best player of his position of his age group in the world"
And hopefully that will continue until he becomes the best player in the world. Here I go again geting ahead of myself.

Mark

Established Member
pamilih said:
Just make sure we don't make a Gazza out of him. All the youngsters need proper guidance.

Under Wenger, he can't go wrong. Arsène would never let something like that happen.

DB10

okay, when cesc first signed. some 8-12 mths ago. i remember, he was pretty small..... okay he was like 16.....

but now he's the size of reyes?? although not as buff.!!

but look he's only 17...... they don't get their growth sprut till 19-20, and with the "vitamins" (legal of course) they have nowadays......... i'm sure he'll grow. look at sendoros........ he's friggn huge and h'es like 18.

he has huge potential and from what we saw last sun, he can fufill it unlike some others. I mean look at the liverpool boys letallc and pongelle, billed to be huge, but now...........

cesc also can read the game very well, noted when he cut out an manu attack edge of our area, simply by being in the right place.

also his long range passing was excellent....... always finding pennant in the right wing position from inside our half.

dubbed the next guardiola. and living up to it.

I like his mullet.

business in the front, party in the back. :) :) :)

lewdikris

Established Member
Why does everyone think he's short?

I saw him against Rotherham and he was small then, but he ain't anymore.

Clichy - he's short.

Ryan Smith - he's only 3, so is obviously short.

But Cesc is not short...

beanz

DB10 said:
I like his mullet.

business in the front, party in the back. :) :) :)
I like this phrase, think I'll start using it when people take the piss out of my receding hairline :p

Split

A.Hussain said:
i found this article a bit more interesting. ever since the vieira saga, i have been thinking quite deeply about this. wenger may finally change his strategy of 2 DMs and use one AM and one DM. i always used to think fabregas would be our AM, while yaya or someone else would be our DM.

check it out
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfrien ... 34,00.html

Hmmmm, not sure about this.
Firstly, I am not sure that the article is saying the same thing you are saying.

The article is saying with Cesc or Mascherano alongside Gilberto, we will lack some of the ability to quickly start attacking breaks with Vieira's lanky pace and vision missing, so Bergkamp and Henry will drop back more and create the attacks from deep. (I think both Bergy and Henry do this naturally anyway)

That is different to what you are saying about having one defensive midfielder (gilberto) and one attacking midfielder (Cesc - mind u He seems like an all round midfielder to me) in the centre.

I can't see Arsène changing the formation he has stuck with from day one, with two strong defensive midfielders in the centre.

Plus people seem to be forgetting a certain Edu, who I thought had a great partnership with Gilberto last season, and I often felt we played better with them two than with Vieira. I think they compliment eachother very well, with Gilberto covering the defense impecably with his great positional sense and Edu battling, tackling hard and using his quick feet, creativitiy and vision to set up the attacks.

johe

lewdikris said:
Why does everyone think he's short?

I saw him against Rotherham and he was small then, but he ain't anymore.

Clichy - he's short.

Ryan Smith - he's only 3, so is obviously short.

But Cesc is not short...

Clichy isn't that short, isn't he like 1.80? (Not inches ;) )

Cesc isn't all that short, he's taller than the Ginger ****. Although, I'm a year younger and I'm 1.83. I'm quite lanky, though. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom