• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesco Totti

Double_H

Established Member
He Is a C**t but a class
but i dont think he an henrry would fit simple because of his attuide(Totti)

_scorpion_

Established Member
i cant believe the rubbish Im reading.

i think everyone has a either not been watching football for too long or just look at Arsenal players with rose coloured glasses.

Bergkamp had a reputation of being the biggest cvnt. So too Overmars.....look at how they turned out.

Totti at Arsenal would be perfect. The guy has balls and the 'attitude' we need sometimes to win matches.

But dont get too worried, we can dream about totti comming here...he will go to madrid.

But please, dont pretend that you know enough about a players attitude outside of what you see on the pitch....He is a class player and would fit the 'Bergkamp mould type player' perfectly.

Would you rather Totti or Beckham???

asajoseph

Established Member
It's not so much the off pitch attitude that bothers me - it's the gobbing and diving.

That said, I'd still sign him.

Chips&CurrySauce

Totti is a class player, no doubt about it, but he comes with such a bad reputation for spitting, diving, elbowing and getting himself sent off... On his day he is a match winner, but equally he can be a total liability that would give us a bad name... Having said that, I do think he would improve us as a side, technically he is excellent and he would also improve out goal threat from outside the box... He is the kind of player that the English media would love too see fail... The first time he ****s up they would crucify him and that would reflect badly on us.. He really would be playing under unbeliavable pressure and I'm not sure he has the mentality to handle it.

polaris sc

no way, a good player when he wants to be but what a ******, in my books that would make him a utd player

Gurgen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:

i think everyone has a either not been watching football for too long or just look at Arsenal players with rose coloured glasses.

Bergkamp had a reputation of being the biggest cvnt. So too Overmars.....look at how they turned out.

Totti at Arsenal would be perfect. The guy has balls and the 'attitude' we need sometimes to win matches.

But dont get too worried, we can dream about totti comming here...he will go to madrid.

But please, dont pretend that you know enough about a players attitude outside of what you see on the pitch....He is a class player and would fit the 'Bergkamp mould type player' perfectly.

Apart from one or two steps on people I don't think Bergkamp has done that much wrong and he certainly doesn't have the reputation of 'the biggest ****'. He also doesn't dive and doesn't spit in other people's faces.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Gurgen said:
_scorpion_ said:

Apart from one or two steps on people I don't think Bergkamp has done that much wrong and he certainly doesn't have the reputation of 'the biggest c**t'. He also doesn't dive and doesn't spit in other people's faces.

Im not defending Totti....just saying that in the past, we have had players that committ offences.....the media jump on our back no matter what, so we shouldnt let that be a factor in any negotiations with players that have these sorts of reputations....besides, i'm sure AW will know whether he can work on a players attitude or not.

All that aside i stand by my point that Totti will not move from Roma unless it is to madrid.....so you can all rest easy.

Ratinho

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Hmmm...

Much worse could happen. We could sign David Beckham.

Beckham >>>>>> Totti

I'm still waiting for Totti to actually do something in his career to justify the attention, aprt form spitting and stamping.

Anyway, if he was available, we wouldn't get him.

asajoseph

Established Member
Er... What's Beckham done to justify the attention, that Totti hasn't? If you want to know why Totti gets so much hype, I suggest you actually watch him play.

_scorpion_

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Er... What's Beckham done to justify the attention, that Totti hasn't? If you want to know why Totti gets so much hype, I suggest you actually watch him play.

I'm with you on this asa.....i cant understand what is so good about Beckham that for MUCH LESS MONEY....we could get a Guttaso or Emerson in our side that would play Beckham off the pitch any day of the week.

kel varnsen

Established Member
some of you need to watch more football. totti is class; it's as simple as that. one of the best in the world and there is no way we're signing him this summer. way too expensive...

Ratinho

Established Member
I've seen plenty of Totti, and he's obviously got quality.

Is he some kind of demi-god, or world class player up there with Ronaldinho and Henry? Not in my opinion.

On top of that, he's a scumbag.

lewdikris

Established Member
When Roma won the league a couple of years back, Totti played like an absolute God - Ferguson rated him the most influential and the best player in the world going into WC2002....

He is incredibly talented, but he doesn't keep his head when the pressure's really on often enough to fulfil his talent.

Ratinho

Established Member
And again on top of what I said.

If Totti became available, there's be plenty of clubs interested in Italy and Spain, and I mean top clubs. Why exactly would he be coming here? :?:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I know this is off-topic, but if Capello is angling to bring Cassano to Juve, wouldn't that dispel the widely spread rumour that Bojinov will be a Juve player next season? If Reyes goes or Bergy retires, Bojinov is one player I would be delighted if we signed.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Im not arguing the fact that Totti will go to another club....i believe he is headed for Madrid.

Cassano may go to Juve, which begs the question - Who are Juve gonna release? Tezeguet? Del Piero? Zaltan?

I hope Arsenal sign either Cassano or Zaltan to be honest.....

Bojinov would be good too.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom