Freddie Ljungberg Joins First Team Coaches

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Emery is probably not tasked with looking at anything bar the first team squad. Let's not blow that out of proportion.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Bullshit. He should know every player at the club. He should be ready to talk to Edu what players in academy have value because Emery can get player from there all year.

Manager not knowing these players not only can affect the players confidence but is also reason we keep playing bums Elneny and Lichtsteiner when he was here.

Gooner Zig and celestis like this.
  3. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I wonder how involved will Freddie be next year with academy games. If his role is to be the link between the first team and the academy, then he should continue to watch future talent, not just the current group of youngsters.

MutableEarth likes this.
  4. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

"

THunter likes this.
  5. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

#Freddie2020

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

If Emery doesn’t get top 4, then it’s up for debate. Risky though.

7. hydrofluoric acid

All manager appointments are risky. Specially with the transfer funds we can offer.

8. THunter

Got a feeling Emery is being used as the guy to see us through the bad contracts. Two years time when Özil and co are gone the club should have a good budget. Champions league on top would be incredible.

9. hydrofluoric acid

Emery not putting effort into knowing the u23 and u28 tells me similar things. The guy knows he is here just short term.

THunter likes this.
  10. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

No top manager is going to want to come here with our pitiful "budgets"

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  11. GDeep™

Used by who? Ivan hired him. Raul is his Spanish chum maybe. Edu is new. Don’t think Josh and Stan are thinking like you.

Artisan likes this.
  12. THunter

We’ll see if he gets that third year of his contract. Let him take the **** maybe and give the new guy a fresh start with barely any high earners and a better budget.

13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Doubt many managers will last over 2/3 years here anymore. Expectations just too high vs funds + talent.

14. GDeep™

That’s what I would do too.

Fancy us to get CL though. Can’t see Emery finishing below guys like Lampard and Ole.

Tourbillion likes this.
  15. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Have a bad (for us) feeling about Lampard. Bloke feels kind of a 'wonderkid'

16. GDeep™

He’ll have good and bad moments. The boys will play for him, young players will get a chance, but they lack in crucial areas and that will hurt them.

UpTheGunnerz likes this.
  17. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Good point, their squad is very 'meh' in certain areas. Big responsibility on the likes of Pulisic and even Abraham.

18. GDeep™

Emery shouldn’t be finishing below Lampard or Ole.

<<reed>> and Artisan like this.
  19. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

I thought you were strictly Emery out - Unai Emery Etxegoien, what happened?

20. GDeep™

If he gets top 4 you can’t argue with that. If he uses some of the youth kids, then again, i have to back him.

Finish below guys like Lampard and Ole, miss out on CL, then you can’t defend him and he probably has to be replaced.

I’m fair with Emery, some people here just read or remember the negative stuff I post about him.