• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We don't escape them often. That's all I'm saying. Keep watching though. You'll see the inconsistencies. The refs are biased

Before the last couple of seasons I have always ignored even the possibility of refs being biased against us. But anyone who has watched us regularly can't but help notice we always seem to be treated harshly compared to other teams. Obviously some of that appears that way because we might be biased.

.....then again you get on a regular basis some evidence that backs up your gut feelings. Hmm

https://www.givemesport.com/1581636-the-premier-league-table-without-refereeing-errors-has-emerged

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This from last season. If you are able to compile a list of maybe 5 or more seasons, then you can say for sure.

I have seen similar reports for the last few seasons. Even when Emery missed out by one point on a CL place it said we should have had 7 or 8 points more than we did. Highlighting Vertonghen's encroachment when Auba missed the penalty at Sp**s as one of those.

We could go back to Wenger's time when it was almost open season to put dangerous tackles on our flair players and mostly get away with it. It seems too coincidental that we have had Ramsey, Eduardo and Diaby get their legs broken by brutal tackles. The likes of Hazard and C. Ronaldo seemed to get much more protection from refs.

If you really look deep into it you can find some quite compelling evidence to suggest we seem do get treated a bit unfairly. It's something I try not to pay too much attention to because I hate to blame external factors when clearly there is so much wrong with things we can control ourselves. Also I hate to become one of those 'paranoid fans' I used to detest myself. From time to time I do find it hard to ignore though and the quote 'just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you' springs to mind.

Reactions: roz

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Great signing so far, really pleased with him and KT. Both yellows were a combination of silliness and bad luck. Noticed from very early in the game that the ref was card happy.

The reds for Pepe and Xhaka were an order of magnitute worse IMO. For the Xhaka one at least a couple of people where working really hard to drag him away from a flashpoint, am I right in saying the guy he throttled accidentally tripped him while trying to help :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Is this guy seriously out for a couple more games? I don't think I've heard of a player taking out so long just to self isolate so far this season, is this a new rule or something?

Surely he can be tested multiple times and be cleared.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is this guy seriously out for a couple more games? I don't think I've heard of a player taking out so long just to self isolate so far this season, is this a new rule or something?

I think there's a mandatory self-isolation period of 10 days when you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think there's a mandatory self-isolation period of 10 days when you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
Ffs, couldn't be a worse time to be missing him for 10 days with all these fixtures. Mari got away with one but he's clearly not fit or even settled into English football, as well as being so slow.

Hopefully Luiz's situation means he can come in tomorrow? Its seperate to Gabriel he has had symptoms but tested negative, no contact with a positive person.

Reactions: A_G

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I found this from before the Chelsea game. Shame, I was thinking Willian would be the same as I thought he was also self isolating. If Arteta plays him vs Brighton I'll lose all hope that I gained from the Chelsea game.

The club tweeted: “Updates on the following players – Gabriel – COVID close contact, now isolating and will miss the next three matches.

“David Luiz and Willian – both are unwell but have both recently tested negative. We will continue to monitor, support and assess their conditions.”

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I found this from before the Chelsea game. Shame, I was thinking Willian would be the same as I thought he was also self isolating. If Arteta plays him vs Brighton I'll lose all hope that I gained from the Chelsea game.

The club tweeted: “Updates on the following players – Gabriel – COVID close contact, now isolating and will miss the next three matches.

“David Luiz and Willian – both are unwell but have both recently tested negative. We will continue to monitor, support and assess their conditions.”
Yeah so basically Willian and Luiz dont have to follow the same protocol as Gabriel.

Why will you be done with Arteta? You mean for letting Willian play and not Gabriel? Or you mean he doesnt deserve his spot back. If Arteta puts Willian back into the side I will be equally done with him for that same reason. Why would you play someone who has been absolutely useless the whole season over a young and energetic young player whos playing out his skin for you... would be **** tbh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah so basically Willian and Luiz dont have to follow the same protocol as Gabriel.

Why will you be done with Arteta? You mean for letting Willian play and not Gabriel? Or you mean he doesnt deserve his spot back. If Arteta puts Willian back into the side I will be equally done with him for that same reason. Why would you play someone who has been absolutely useless the whole season over a young and energetic young player whos playing out his skin for you... would be **** tbh.

Yes because Willian has been ****e, nothing to do with self isolation. ESR deserves to play again. In fact I'd go with the same team as Chelsea for Brighton.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He already self isolating and was going to miss the next 2 games anyway he need to stop partying during these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom