• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: Not Our Only Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Considering that he's still very young, had covid and is only ever partnered with ****** instead of the stud we have on loan at Nice, I think he's done more than decently this year. Assuming he has a somewhat respectable partner next season, I fancy him to kick on and go up a level or 2.

Not having a set partner also hurts our whole defensive unit. I've seen enough to expect a good season from him next year if he has a good partnership.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Best player on the putch last night after Holding. Our best pairing since Kos and Per.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's a good player, with the base traits and potential to be a top defender...but he has been Mustafi since he came back from Covid, made a massive error in like every game :lol:

He's young and new to the league, so he can and is better than this...but this is why Arteta is starting Mari over him in the bigger matches right now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s young so as long as he’s not a complete shambles we just have to be patient with him.

Every defender makes mistakes, even more as a young one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It wasn't even penalty i mean he didn't touch and if he did its minimal and was offside. Him and Holding had nothing to do all game

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Thought he was unlucky to concede the penalty tbh. I can see how the ref thought it might be the way the Fulham player went over so I assume VAR let it stand as it wasn't an obvious error as opposed to actually bring a penalty! He's been shaky after covid and whilst I thought him and Holding were good together early in the season, someone posted that he struggles to understand Holding lol. Like a few, there is a desperation in his play that seems to stem from Arteta's possible lack of trust. He's young too and hopefully he will he better after a baptism of fire.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He can still get the benefit of the doubt because he's young but these errors are becoming a more regular occurrence in his game. We've seen some good moments from him this season no doubt, but the last thing we need is another defender prone to mistakes. I still don't think it helps that he's in and out of the team, if he's seen as our long term CB, it makes no sense to not stick with him in a season like this.

Breezy ®

It wasn't even penalty i mean he didn't touch and if he did its minimal and was offside. Him and Holding had nothing to do all game

They don’t need to have much to do all game to feck up. That’s the worry.

Those two simply do not work well together. 1) There’s probably a communication issue 2) both lack leadership 3) Both heavy footed 4) Neither pass the ball well 5) and most concerning of all..both sh!te.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

it was a pen, he stepped on his foot. Of course the Fulham player is making much of it, but it's still a pen.

To clumsy in the own box, sadly.
Part of the Arsenal DNA i think.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

People knee jerking over a young defender new to the league having to adjust and learn during a historically bad season and no set partner. Come on now. The lad has had some superb performances

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
People knee jerking over a young defender new to the league having to adjust and learn during a historically bad season and no set partner. Come on now. The lad has had some superb performances
Its not a knee jerk, its the eye test. He looks rash when defending, clunky on the ball, off balance when passing. A defender should be calm and composed. Gabriel is like Kolasinac, everything he does is at 100mph.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Gab is having average season but he not error prone and he not mustafi these things happen you give soft penalty away or soft goal away he'll need right partner also for his own good he should try to learn English

Breezy ®

Gab is having average season but he not error prone and he not mustafi these things happen you give soft penalty away or soft goal away he'll need right partner also for his own good he should try to learn English

Sometimes I can’t tell if you’re trolling or just stupid. He’s made numerous errors this season ffs.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sometimes I can’t tell if you’re trolling or just stupid. He’s made numerous errors this season ffs.
He not error prone defenders always make mistakes specially when in New league he had good first 6 month but I'm not surprised by drop off after that it's up to him to improve he a good defender

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The penalty was a joke and refs awarded diving again instead of punishing it.

Penalty aside, his game was fine, much better passer of the ball than all the other defenders we have, really good in the air as well.

Looking forward to seeing him here for many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom