• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury

Always wanted us to play Pennant more back in the day, especially after his loan with Leeds...turned into a bit of a k**b though.

the double signings of Reyes and RVP in 2004 closed the door on his Arsenal career. We would have been a useful squad player but we had too much quality on the flanks.

Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes, RVP. Pennant didn’t stand a chance.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
the double signings of Reyes and RVP in 2004 closed the door on his Arsenal career. We would have been a useful squad player but we had too much quality on the flanks.

Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes, RVP. Pennant didn’t stand a chance.

Oh yeah, Van Persie and Reyes ended his career here bascially as both were easily better players...but after his hatty against Southampton, and in the first half of 03-04 we only had Pires, Ljungberg and Wiltord who could play wide to a high level and all were over 25...Pennant was doing well for Leeds too, scored a wonder goal against Chelsea if I recall, thought he could have been our winger in the future...always did well for me on Champ Manager too, so had a soft spot for him!

Last edited:

Keplaz

Oh yeah, Van Persie and Reyes killed his career here bascially as both were easily better players...but after his hatty against Southampton, and in the first half of 03-04 we only had Pires, Ljungberg and Wiltord who could play wide to a high level and all were over 25...Pennant was doing well for Leeds too, scored a wonder goal against Chelsea if I recall, thought he could have been our winger in the future...always did well for me on Champ Manager too, so had a soft spot for him!
Slightly controversial but David Bentley was one I regretted not making it here. I thought he was Bergkamp's natural heir before he showed his true colours.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Slightly controversial but David Bentley was one I regretted not making it here. I thought he was Bergkamp's natural heir before he showed his true colours.

That chip against Middlesbrough...also will always believe that Almunia should have 100 percent saved his half way line goal against us, terrible goalkeeper.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I know he was only on for like 8 minutes but this kid has that Fabregas level talent. Love to see him progress.

Ashybashy86

Oh yeah, Van Persie and Reyes ended his career here bascially as both were easily better players...but after his hatty against Southampton, and in the first half of 03-04 we only had Pires, Ljungberg and Wiltord who could play wide to a high level and all were over 25...Pennant was doing well for Leeds too, scored a wonder goal against Chelsea if I recall, thought he could have been our winger in the future...always did well for me on Champ Manager too, so had a soft spot for him!
You definitely should have 'Nostalgic' under your username by now.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He needs to be given a proper run. The only guy we have at the club who has the potential to be Elite. If we play him more regularly the quicker he get to that level.
We actually have a decent squad and I really do believe that with a couple of additions and a couple of sells we could have a fantastic team for years to come. Martinelli is the talisman in that team.

His highlight reel is insane even now, scored more goals with his head than Aubameyang despite being fairly slight. No adjustment period needed apparently. The complete striker.

we may not have him forever but at least we have him, enjoy as the sky is the limit for this kid

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He needs to be given a proper run. The only guy we have at the club who has the potential to be Elite. If we play him more regularly the quicker he get to that level.
We actually have a decent squad and I really do believe that with a couple of additions and a couple of sells we could have a fantastic team for years to come. Martinelli is the talisman in that team.

His highlight reel is insane even now, scored more goals with his head than Aubameyang despite being fairly slight. No adjustment period needed apparently. The complete striker.

we may not have him forever but at least we have him, enjoy as the sky is the limit for this kid
Willock as well can become top drawer. Maybe Matteo too.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Willock as well can become top drawer. Maybe Matteo too.
Agreed, think Doozy is slightly ahead of Willock in terms of development but both are in the bracket below Martinelli which is not a slight on either of them as I believe both can go on to become fantastic players for us. My only worry is whether Doozy and Willock are compatible in a starting 11 but then i suppose that’s why its so important to have a decent squad.
Genuinely still think Holding could be a part of that as well, hes been disappointing this season but still have hopes for him. CBs tend to develop slower and hes come back from a nasty injury.

The future could be bright, just need the higher ups to sort their **** out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom