• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think he must be a bit gutted - he seemed such an enthusiastic team member, even if he couldn't understand what was going on most of the time, on and off the pitch

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Didn't see this sale coming. It will be interesting to see what happens with Chambers and the other players rumoured to be on their way out, and with Arsenal in a position where they could be strengthened in a number of positions. I think something could be brewing at Arsenal in terms of incomings and outgoings, it might involve relying on certain players like Reiss Nelson to cover certain positions. A very interesting end to a transfer window.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Didn't see this sale coming. It will be interesting to see what happens with Chambers and the other players rumoured to be on their way out, and with Arsenal in a position where they could be strengthened in a number of positions. I think something could be brewing at Arsenal in terms of incomings and outgoings, it might involve relying on certain players like Reiss Nelson to cover certain positions. A very interesting end to a transfer window.

Yes, there's also talk today of Debuchy off to Marseille. We just need to drop our price on Gibbs and give Jenks to anyone who will have him, then we can bring a couple in.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I seriously don't like the idea of him going. Would rather we shipped off Chambers and have a ready replacement for Per next season.

But we shall see

KingVerse

Hasn't Bielik been loaned?

This and the lack of Chambers at the weekend (even as bench option) has me thinking he's also being considered as a sellable asset.

I kinda liked gabby. It was good having a Brazilian on the team that wasn't **** 98% of the time.

Good news if it means the sales of players are picking up. Hopefully there's some Ins as well.

Yeah....seems like the last great Brazilian we had was Edu. I miss that guy! We had Sylvinho, Denilson, Andre Santos and julio Baptista. Am I forgetting anyone? We've been really unlucky with our Brazilian adventures.

As for this sale, I'd rather see somebody else go BUT if it means freeing up spot for a new signing I'm all for it...it has to be this way.

* edit, before I get burned by the whole forum...I forgot EDUARDO! How could I forget that legend?

KingVerse

Gilberto

(Eduardo obviously an ex-pat who played for Croatia)

Damn..the perfect dmc (after Vieira) I just knew I'd forget something important here. I remember thinking back then he didn't do enough, because y'know...brazilian and wasn't flashy enough, LITTLE DID I KNOW We're literally begging for the second coming of Gilberto nowadays.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi, Per, Kos and Monreal are all good options at CB. Kolasinac can play there as well if needed. Chambers is a Premier League quality defender if not necessarily a top level one and Holding has big games in him while he's developing.

That's more than enough defenders imo, too much glass half empty round here. We've got to sell some players and the likes of Gabriel are easier to shift. We're not going to be taking big offers for the likes of Debuchy.

Song Billong

Yeah....seems like the last great Brazilian we had was Edu. I miss that guy! We had Sylvinho, Denilson, Andre Santos and julio Baptista. Am I forgetting anyone? We've been really unlucky with our Brazilian adventures.

As for this sale, I'd rather see somebody else go BUT if it means freeing up spot for a new signing I'm all for it...it has to be this way.

* edit, before I get burned by the whole forum...I forgot EDUARDO! How could I forget that legend?

How about Gilberto, outrageous that you forget him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mustafi, Per, Kos and Monreal are all good options at CB. Kolasinac can play there as well if needed. Chambers is a Premier League quality defender if not necessarily a top level one and Holding has big games in him while he's developing.

That's more than enough defenders imo, too much glass half empty round here. We've got to sell some players and the likes of Gabriel are easier to shift. We're not going to be taking big offers for the likes of Debuchy.
I agree, a CM signing would be more helpful.

Triniboy

Hope this isn't true. Gabriel is one of the few warriors we have in the squad. He is also probably our quickest and physically imposing centre back.

Still think he is the only defender we have that can physically handle some of the Lukaku types in the league. Id rather sell Chambers unless both are being moved on for an immediate upgrade.

WakeupCall

This measns we might get someone in, we replaced gabriel with mustafi who is a similar player . But we cant lose all the warriors and still have pussies like holding/ chambes in this team. This guy couldnt learn english in 3 years, sorry but he i think he is to stupid for a top team which we are trying to be.

defence is the easist postion to improve now we play 3 atb

JHusMan

Not arsed about this guy leaving but it would leave a gap in the squad especially with 3 at the back.

Koscielny (30 league games)
Mustafi (25-30)
Mertesacker (20 maximum)

3 main CB's there. Then you have Holding who will come in if one were to get injured. Chambers? Will probably leave. Mertesacker shouldn't be starting, he should be the backup player.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Not arsed about this guy leaving but it would leave a gap in the squad especially with 3 at the back.

Koscielny (30 league games)
Mustafi (25-30)
Mertesacker (20 maximum)

3 main CB's there. Then you have Holding who will come in if one were to get injured. Chambers? Will probably leave. Mertesacker shouldn't be starting, he should be the backup player.

Monreal will play there too.

But yeah, average options. Not winning the league with this lot, that's for sure.

Reactions: BBF

JHusMan

Monreal will play there too.

But yeah, average options. Not winning the league with this lot, that's for sure.

Definitely agree with you they're weak options. Holding and Mertesacker have to be seen as the backup.

Chelsea for example have four first team options (Cahill, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Rudiger) and then a young backup in Christensen. I guess you could argue that Monreal is our Azpilicueta but still, it ain't good enough injury wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom