• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

longrufus

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
If Bale is a true Arsenal fan he wouldn't consider a move to Sp**s imo....so it will be interesting to see whether he signs for them or not.

Doesnt matter though to be honest, professional footballers generally dont support the team they play for. They make the decision best on whats the best move for them, not on their childhood team. Walcott for example was a Liverpool fan but choose Arsenal as he thought he'd develop here more than anywhere else.

M+D

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Merida+Denilson said:
If Bale is a true Arsenal fan he wouldn't consider a move to Sp**s imo....so it will be interesting to see whether he signs for them or not.
Carragher was an Everton fan before joining Liverpool's academy. Playes always look for chances to play regular football. That's just the way is.

But say I had a choice between Sp**s, or staying at Southampton another year, or a mid-table club. I'd choose the mid table club or staying at the club that has been loyal to me, anything rather than going to my most hated rivals

longrufus

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Merida+Denilson said:
Carragher was an Everton fan before joining Liverpool's academy. Playes always look for chances to play regular football. That's just the way is.

Ever notice he always wears a long sleeved shirt, and never takes it off...

He has an Everton crest tattoo on his forearm..

Apparently though, he now has a liverpool crest on his other arm.

M+D

Established Member
longrufus said:
Merida+Denilson said:

Doesnt matter though to be honest, professional footballers generally dont support the team they play for. They make the decision best on whats the best move for them, not on their childhood team. Walcott for example was a Liverpool fan but choose Arsenal as he thought he'd develop here more than anywhere else.

Yeah I suppose. It's just not what I'd do. It's part of the game now .... :(

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There a few ways to cope with the disappointement. One way is to ignore the transfer news. Another way is to reinstall CM/FM on your PC and enjoy fantasy game. Or, book a holiday off to a remote rural area without Internet connection. That would save you lots of worries and dissapointments.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
first of all, there is no official link to him with the Spuds... one report said a fee had been agreed, but Soton has rubbished that.. another "report" says "insiders" say that he undergoing a medical...

Barca has claimed that deals were done for Henry and Real said the same about Paddy... neither of them happened...

until the official sites for the respective clubs says it's done, i would necessarily believe it...

M+D

Established Member
tactica442 said:
There a few ways to cope with the disappointement. One way is to ignore the transfer news. Another way is to reinstall CM/FM on your PC and enjoy fantasy game. Or, book a holiday off to a remote rural area without Internet connection. That would save you lots of worries and dissapointments.

:lol:
Was this aimed at me?
If so, actually I enjoy the transfer period in a weird way, it's all about these little ups and downs and twists and turns and something unexpected always happens. It's fun trying to second guess where people are headed and debating who would suit our team best, and who wouldn't. It's not quite as good as the proper season, but it is definitely intriguing....

Captain

Established Member
It will be very interesting if he does do a medical at Tottenham tomorrow.

The guys on crutches at the moment as far as I know.

As to the stadium; that is ambition, genuine ambition on the grandest scale. Signing some players isn't even comparable.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Merida+Denilson said:
tactica442 said:

Was this aimed at me?
If so, actually I enjoy the transfer period in a weird way, it's all about these little ups and downs and twists and turns and something unexpected always happens. It's fun trying to second guess where people are headed and debating who would suit our team best, and who wouldn't. It's not quite as good as the proper season, but it is definitely intriguing....
Sorry, M+D, I am not targeting at you. :) I like your diggin on Arsène's transfer targets and I DO share your dissapointment with the recent transfer rumours. In fact, I was thinking about reinstalling FM myself. :p But my interst in doing this has past. Just to clarify.things up. No offence.

M+D

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Merida+Denilson said:
tactica442 said:

Was this aimed at me?
Sorry, M+D, I am not targeting at you. :) I like your diggin on Arsène's transfer targets and I DO share your dissapointment with the recent transfer rumours. In fact, I was thinking about reinstalling FM myself. :p But my interst in doing this has past. Just to clarify.things up. No offence.

No, that's fine mate, I was just a bit confused, is all. But I think I confused myself as much as anything tbh. :lol:

Grampus_Eight

I can't find the link to the report and don't remember whether it was in a broadsheet or a rag, but the reported fee was £6m upfront and £4m in appearances/performance clauses.

Kaboul + Bale would be a good bit business for Comolli. Bale look like he could start and make a solid impact straight away. Kaboul, given that Rocha is no world beater and King is broken could also be a real good signing. Some are extremely high on the kid. France u-21 captain, first choice at Auxuerre since 17-18 sound quality, but there was no chance we'd go in for him with Toure, Gallas, Senderos and Djourou all on the books AND a £7-8m price tag.

Viper

Established Member
longrufus said:
There is already someone at Arsenal that the board have given a liscence to do what he wants..

..his name is Arsène Wenger
Thats the problem.

Too much freedom = too much comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom