• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

longrufus said:
tactica442 said:
Merida+Denilson said:
If Bale is a true Arsenal fan he wouldn't consider a move to Sp**s imo....so it will be interesting to see whether he signs for them or not.
Carragher was an Everton fan before joining Liverpool's academy. Playes always look for chances to play regular football. That's just the way is.

Ever notice he always wears a long sleeved shirt, and never takes it off...

He has an Everton crest tattoo on his forearm..

Apparently though, he now has a liverpool crest on his other arm.

Look at Jermaine Defoe he is an Arsenal fan , SWP his dad............need I say more.

jester

Established Member
longrufus said:
tactica442 said:
Merida+Denilson said:
If Bale is a true Arsenal fan he wouldn't consider a move to Sp**s imo....so it will be interesting to see whether he signs for them or not.
Carragher was an Everton fan before joining Liverpool's academy. Playes always look for chances to play regular football. That's just the way is.

Ever notice he always wears a long sleeved shirt, and never takes it off...

He has an Everton crest tattoo on his forearm..

Apparently though, he now has a liverpool crest on his other arm.

Just a rumour. Considering he joined liverpool as a youth, and he wouldnt be old enough for a tatoo (or look old enough) till around 16/17, you still think he'd get an everton tattoo?

Bergy_1995

It's probably Bale's best chance of starting at Sp**s so he's making the right choice in that sense, but then you gotta think where his team will be sitting in the table come next season.

longrufus

Established Member
Trust me mate, its common knowledge here in Liverpool, every Liverpool fan will tell you about it.

He always, always wears a long sleeve jersey and in cup games he never swaps shirts. You'll never see his forearms.

16/17 you must be joking, this is Liverpool mate, you could get a tattoo at 14 if you really wanted one.

jester

Established Member
at 14 he'd still have been in the liverpool academy.

a quick search on google shows him wearing short sleeves many times, all without a hint of a tattoo. I ask, has anyone seen the tattoo - as the evidence suggests he has none and preferes long sleeves

JamieCarragher_vWales_H.jpg

drogba_carragher.jpg

oh and here's another three

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/viewtopic.php?p=279889&sid=3d03ed681fb6c334304894e0b9e699e6

Like I said. Rumour.

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest im pretty shocked for you to find those, when some of my friends are diehard liverpool season ticket holders, and would swear that was the truth.

Oh well, dont i look the fool! I do like a good conspiracy though.

jester

Established Member
longrufus said:
To be honest im pretty shocked for you to find those, when some of my friends are diehard liverpool season ticket holders, and would swear that was the truth.

Oh well, dont i look the fool! I do like a good conspiracy though.

Lol, it was only because my brother is a 'pool fan that I knew that rumour wasnt true. I'd put it down to him just favouring long sleeves

longrufus

Established Member
My best friend here is a Blue, and he absolutely slates the Liverpool fans about it. He's going to be gutted when i tell him, lol, oh well.

asajoseph

Established Member
So has Bale gone to Sp**s yet then?

First transfer of the summer I'm a little gutted about - there'll doubtless me many more! ;)

jester

Established Member
asajoseph said:
So has Bale gone to Sp**s yet then?

First transfer of the summer I'm a little gutted about - there'll doubtless me many more! ;)

I think the big 4 are taking a 'carrick' style stance on this. Let Sp**s take a small gamble on it, then if he comes good, pay an inflated fee later on
Although the Carrick transfer was quite an inflated fee

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I'm not particularly bothered by this happening to be honest. I wouldn't want Bale in place of Clichy, and I don't see him being good enough as a left-winger. I wouldn't mind seeing Bale sign for Arsenal, but not at the prices being mentioned.

jester said:
I think the big 4 are taking a 'carrick' style stance on this. Let Sp**s take a small gamble on it, then if he comes good, pay an inflated fee later on
£10m on a 17 year old left-back isn't an inflated fee? ;)

jester

Established Member
kaids said:
I'm not particularly bothered by this happening to be honest. I wouldn't want Bale in place of Clichy, and I don't see him being good enough as a left-winger. I wouldn't mind seeing Bale sign for Arsenal, but not at the prices being mentioned.

jester said:
£10m on a 17 year old left-back isn't an inflated fee? ;)

Well wait till he has one or two decent seasons!
Its the same deal as us for theo. 6mill upfront, rising to 10 on different circumstances

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, I'm not quite sure where he'd have fitted in at Arsenal either - like you, I'm not convinced he's going to be better than Clichy is, and he's not a good LW option IMHO.

But he is a good player, and I don't like seeing our rivals sign good players, that's all.

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest, with 'The Sun' being the only link to it being a done deal im sure its a transfer that will run. We would have heard far more by now if the transfer was a certainty to go through.

I still think United are going to get involved, but i think we'll be hands off.

He is a good player, i just cant see Wenger spending that sort of money on a player that isnt the answer to our problems. He's the type of signing you make to build on current success, to deepen your squad. We are in a position where we need players who will have an immediate impact. To do so, we need to spend money to get the quality we need, which means we wont have the money for Bale.

Clarkey

I'm pretty sure the Beeb's was a rehash of a newspaper article. I think Manure have much more of a say in this yet. Very much reminds me of when we got Theo, he got linked all over the place then all of a sudden he was at Arsenal with the deal done. Just this time I think it will be Manure.

asajoseph

Established Member
The BBC article (on the website) that I read was introduced as 'According to BBC Wales...'

It's exactly the same thing as happened when we signed Theo, incidentally...

dos1986

Established Member
Captain said:
ManU won't be signing anybody else if the Berbatov rumours are true.

They dont need to sign anyone else imo,Hargreaves is like signing a few players he's quite good on either wing for a dm,he has great pace,a good cross and is decent as a fullback as well..Berbatov alongside Rooney and Ronaldo and the ever dependable Solskjaer and Smith should mean plenty of goals...If they keep Saha then there going to take some beating..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom