• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,205

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was a good game from our u19s without the attacking of Willock, Hinds and Mavididi.

Iwobi did really well and finished the game strongly. Sheaf looked good in patches but faded. I thought Mourgos was ineffective for much of the game but Tabi looked very good when he came on.

Malen and Bennacer were very hardworking and technically sound. The stand out for me was Reiss Nelson. At 15, looked very comfortable and didn't put a foot wrong all game. His diligent use of the ball shows he has substance and intelligence and when he is ready to play without restriction, we will be seeing a star.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I see Iwobi got a brace against Bayern.-one being an absolute beaut.

The U19's showing us how to do it in the CL.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Arsenal youngsters thrive in Europe, with help from Thierry Henry
Amy-Lawrence-L.png

Amy Lawrence

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/oct/21/arsenal-under-19s-thierry-henry-andries-jonker

BobP

Memri Fan
That's superb, like I said commands natural respect, is easy going but the hierarchy is still there, and his natural intelligence and exploits in the game give him so many insights and the players seem to love him.

Wouldn't take the risk of him taking over but as a coach he could be a masterstroke appointment.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We signed a load of youngsters in the summer, the ones I can remember:

Jeff
Fortune
Bennacer
Malen
Dragomir

Who else? We've got a few greeks in the youth teams as well it seems.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Jeff
Fortune
Bennacer
Malen
Dragomir

It would be interesting to know how much influence our scouting software has on these signings. Gazidis said at the AGM that its already paying off, thats why they are pumping more money into it, or perhaps into Kronke's pocket. Anyway, as you stated, "We signed a load of youngsters in the summer" and we are finding them somehow without the ludicrous fees, Martial for eg.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
It would be interesting to know how much influence our scouting software has on these signings. Gazidis said at the AGM that its already paying off, thats why they are pumping more money into it, or perhaps into Kronke's pocket. Anyway, as you stated, "We signed a load of youngsters in the summer" and we are finding them somehow without the ludicrous fees, Martial for eg.

None because youth teams don't have all their game stats recorded. We always had great youth recruitment.

The 30 million scouting system is an excuse for Kroenke to drain money out of Arsenal

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
None because youth teams don't have all their game stats recorded. We always had great youth recruitment.

The 30 million scouting system is an excuse for Kroenke to drain money out of Arsenal

Dont have their stats recorded by who? Not sure if you know how StatDNA works but they have a team that creates their own stats. We dont rely on others companies stats, that's why we brought them for £2m back in 2012. Do you know for a fact that we dont record stats at youth level?

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can we talk about Jeff? How did he do last night?
He was ok, good with the ball and difficult to stop but he always had 2 or 3 defenders around him. They clearly knew made him a priority to defend against. I keep thinking he'll be better of in the middle. His passing range is great and he keeps possession very well. When he's in the middle he makes runs that are more difficult to guard against because he can dribble in either direction and play defence splitting passes . He just seems more comfortable dictating play than waiting on the wings.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Dont have their stats recorded by who? Not sure if you know how StatDNA works but they have a team that creates their own stats. We dont rely on others companies stats, that's why we brought them for £2m back in 2012. Do you know for a fact that we dont record stats at youth level?

I don't but I don't trust him outsourcing 30m to a fellow American Company. Is there anyway of looking up ownership of these companies? I wouldn't be surprised if it was his own company. If we are spending 30m then yes we should have masses of statistics of youth players aswell as pros

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can we talk about Jeff? How did he do last night?
Not involved in the game all that much. He looked good on the ball but didn't see enough of it and looked on the fringes of the game playing wide left. He looked stronger when he drifted into the middle. The opposition did a good tactical job on him, often doubling up.

If there's one weakness I see in Jeff, it's that his shooting needs a lot of work. He's not the most composed finisher, which may hinder him if he plays further forward. He's very Diaby-like in style, but Diaby could also finish.

Jeff
Fortune
Bennacer
Malen
Dragomir

Pileas, Osei-Tutu and and a goalie from Benfica - can't remember his name.

I'm actually more excited about some of our Hale End boys. Chris Willock, Marcus Agyei-Tabi and Reiss Nelson look like excellent prospects, and the GK Huddart looks very solid. I would also say Sheaf is very promising, but he's not Hale End (we signed him from West Ham).

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom