• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,018

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What happened to Yassin Fortune ?
Playing for U18s. Nketiah's form is very good at the moment so he's been the man up top. He's still done relatively well though. There's a lot of competition in attacking areas.

I've been highly impressed by Ben Sheaf for the U21s and the little I've seen of Marcus Tabi for the U18s. We need to start grooming deeper lying midfielders who are simultaneously good ball-winners and ball players, and both these guys look as though they have defensive awareness and excellent passing.

Sheaf in particular seems to have an acute understanding of positioning in and out of possession. I thought he was more a Ramsey-type, but the more I see of him, the more I think he should be a DM/DLP. Someone with his style of play would be ideal playing in deepest midfield, and he can play with or without a ball-winner. His progression will be interesting to look at.

The increase in competition seems to have also worked well for Chris Willock, as he's looking increasingly dangerous the more he plays. If he's playing in one of the forward roles, his target must surely be more end product - but he's an example of a wide player who can potentially play as a wide creative midfielder and a wide forward simultaneously.

Maxim

Sheaf in particular seems to have an acute understanding of positioning in and out of possession. I thought he was more a Ramsey-type, but the more I see of him, the more I think he should be a DM/DLP. Someone with his style of play would be ideal playing in deepest midfield, and he can play with or without a ball-winner. His progression will be interesting to look at.
He's got a fabulous strike on him too. Hope he continues to develop like this.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not sure if this applies here.

Jeorge Bird
‏@jeorgebird
Mikel Arteta coached Arsenal U16s today. Definitely seems to be gearing towards a coaching career once he retires.

Happy to hear this, I really want this guy to contribute to the club once he hangs up his boots, really intelligent player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His agent has been pushing for a move rather than train with the first teamers against Wenger's wishes, they're looking for a loan.
So they should. Im not sure why Wenger wants to keep him when he is not going to play. He is 19 already and has not made 1 competitive 1st team appearance.

Play him or loan him imo.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The Guardian have a list of the most promising academy youngster at each of the EPL teams.

Surprisingly, they went with Marcus Agyei-Tabi for us. They could have gone with Willock, Sheaf, Nelson or any one of them.

Having said that, Tabi is very highly rated. Can play anywhere in midfield, but naturally a holding midfielder.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
http://www.squawka.com/news/reine-a...gsters-set-to-feature-at-u17-world-cup/486886
Looking forward to this u17 world cup with Adelaïde and Willock
I'll try and watch it if I can, but it looks exciting this year. Hinds and Mavididi are also playing for England so that will be interesting.

It will leave us a tad depleted for next weeks UYL game v Bayern. Malen also won't be available, so Fortune should get his shot upfront for the U19s with Nketiah on the bench probably. Will be another chance to see Reiss Nelson aswell.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Tell you what that Fortune looks a real talent every time he gets the ball it looks like he can make something happen , and he has a good height on him also....

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I had no idea Henry is doing a coaching job for our youth teams, well that's good; was hoping he'd be a full-time coach with us after he stopped playing anyway, maybe eventually hopefully.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not sure if this applies here.

Jeorge Bird
‏@jeorgebird
Mikel Arteta coached Arsenal U16s today. Definitely seems to be gearing towards a coaching career once he retires.

Happy to hear this, I really want this guy to contribute to the club once he hangs up his boots, really intelligent player.

Could he be a future Arsenal coach ?

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom