• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,002

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson
Chelsea 4-0 down to Man City, meaining if they fail to beat Wolves next week, Arsenal go into the Premier Reserve League final.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Our youth standard is so high now, that even good players might not make the grade. A player like Ozyakup would have been amongst our very best youth talents 10 years ago, but our level has improved significantly since. I just hope we can produce some top class attackers, because we seem to be geared towards churning out central midfielders.

darthwenger

Vela said:
He was going to go out on loan next season he said that before the liverpool reserve game.

I read yesterday that Anderlecht officials were at the Emirates this week to try to get him and Wellington on loan for next season.

ebouenolike

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Our youth standard is so high now, that even good players might not make the grade. A player like Ozyakup would have been amongst our very best youth talents 10 years ago, but our level has improved significantly since. I just hope we can produce some top class attackers, because we seem to be geared towards churning out central midfielders.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. You have to be a much better player these days to get minutes with the first team.

There does seem to be a plethora of central midfielders, with the defense in particular looking bare. Perhaps Liam Brady is better with creative midfielders.

Vela

Established Member
Im guessing Henderson will go out on loan next season and Oz will leave after reports of him rejecting his contract. The midfield might look something like this next season.

---------Yennaris---Ebecilio
----------------Aneke

Yennaris is back after a long term injury. Rees might start but can play on the wing as well.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I've heard quite a bit about Nico Yennaris. Is he on course to becoming better than Ozyakup, as that would soften the latters departure?

ebouenolike

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I've heard quite a bit about Nico Yennaris. Is he on course to becoming better than Ozyakup, as that would soften the latters departure?

I think he's still out with a broken leg/ankle? I don't rate him very highly to be honest, don't see what he offers that Aneke/Henderson/Frimpong/Oz can't offer.

Vela

Established Member
He returned for U18s last weekend against MK Dons. He is a defensive midfielder who can play right back as well. Trevor Brooking said this last season about young players and mention Yennaris.

Brooking said ‘We haven’t had this much talent before, but we’ve got it now and they showed you can have a group of English youngsters who can play as good as anybody. Nico Yennaris of Arsenal is a really good player in midfield. Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain of Southampton is good as well and so is Jordan Obita of Reading.

Henderson I think will go out on loan, Chuks Aneke I expect still will be in the reserve team may go out on loan next season at some point. Oz is expected to leave? If Yennaris stays fit I expect him to start in the reserve team as players are expected to go out on loan next season. He was on the bench for the Emirates Cup this season. Im not saying he will make it here or nothing but I expect him to feature a lot in the reserves next season.

Vela

Established Member
Deacon joins Sunderland on Trial
<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/deacon-joins-sunderland-on-trial/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/deac ... -on-trial/</a>

a_fourteen

Established Member
outlaw_member said:

my thoughts exactly. all we're producing and buying are young CMs. we're going to have a crisis on the defensive and forward side if we dont fill those holes.

DK Gooner

outlaw_member said:

Yennaris is a more versatile player having been used at RB as well. Passing wise, the dutchman may just have the edge, but I would rather have Yennaris in the team. He has also been a leader at each age-group he has been in.

Your point about CMs is also mirrored by our propensity to create LBs. We relatively poor at creating wide players, with many potentials just shifted backwards to become FBs. The three stand-out players for me to come through our system recently IMO are Freeman, JET and Afobe. I don't mean that they are the best talents, but more that they appear to have a chance of making the first team squad from positions other than LB, CM or GK.

Vela

Established Member
I think JET was the best player in the reserve team in the first half of the reserve season then he went out on loan to Cardiff. In the second half of the reserve season I have to say Luke Freeman he been playing very well. Now he is playing on the left wing he still scoring goals and you could say he was the
Arsenal best player at the Dallas Cup.

Vela

Established Member
http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/arsenal-finish-second-in-reserve-league-south
Arsenal finish second in Reserve League South

Arsenal Reserves have been pipped to the Premier Reserve League South title after Chelsea beat Wolves 3-0 on Monday.

Victory at Stamford Bridge moved the west Londoners two points ahead of Arsenal at the end of the 20-game regular season.

Neil Banfield’s side end their campaign with a record that reads:

Played: 20 Won: 10 Drawn: 5 Lost: 5 Goals scored: 41 Goals conceded: 34

Clarkey

Nice to see Banfield's getting ready for his potential seat next to Arsène next year. Getting the runner up experience in the bag.

Vela

Established Member
FREE VIDEO: Arsenal at the Dallas Cup 2011
Bould, Freeman and Frimpong on the recent trip to America.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/free-video-arsenal-at-the-dallas-cup-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-ne ... s-cup-2011</a>

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
10.30 BST / 11.30 CET it's the 1st U17 EC SF with Kyle Ebecilio playing for Holland v England (at least Eurosport broadcasts).

clockwork orange

Ebecilio scored the opener v England a few minutes ago.

Another goal after a forward rush and good interplay. Cool finish.

clockwork orange

Didn't watch fully concentrated, was a bit boring. England were poor (hope they had an off day) and Holland lacked precision. He could have had a hattrick, but at least he created those chances (one was for his wrong foot) & was one of the most influential players in the Dutch team. Do like his well timed forward bursts. Think he'll make the team of the tournament Bright prospect.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom