• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,980

Vela

Established Member
Found this on Arsenal.Com good to watch its all about the youth/reserve team and how a player makes it to the first team.

FREE VIDEO: The Arsenal youth system
http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/free-video-arsenal-reserves-feature

Arsenal has a proud tradition of promoting young talent and the Club's youth system is where the next generation of first-team stars are groomed.

Reserve team manager Neil Banfield is one of the key men involved in moulding promising prospects into world-class professionals who are ready for Arsène Wenger's senior side.

In this special feature Banfield, along with Conor Henderson and Ignasi Miquel, two Academy products who have made their first-team debuts this season, discuss what it takes to make it at Arsenal.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Brilliant video, very informative whilst being an easy watch. Henderson and Miquel with some very mature words regarding effort and sacrifice, both need to go on loan next year.

They talk about allowing the players to see/talk with ex players and legends, and I think that's one huge positive to Bould especially, he has been there done that and won the trophy. He must be a real inspiration to the kids at the academy.

Vela

Established Member
I think both Henderson and Miquel will go out on loan next season there a few others as well.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Vela said:
I think both Henderson and Miquel will go out on loan next season there a few others as well.

The ones in the 'twilight zone' of too good for the reserves but not quite ready for playing time with the first team are the ones who need to go on loan. The most obvious players in that area are Henderson, Miquel, Frimpong and Freeman, Shea could be considered an outside bet too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yep Miquel and Henderson both need to go on loan there are no point to keep them play at reseves

Vela

Established Member
Henderson, Miquel, Frimpong, Freeman, Murphy and Shea all from the reserves I think will go out on loan. Maybe Oz and Aneke at some point as well.

ricky1985

Established Member
I have really liked what I've seen of Ebecilio for the U18s this season. I've been really impressed. Great technical quality, gifted athletically, and good awareness and understanding.

Only seen the last 5 minutes, how has he done so far?

Vela

Established Member
I saw he scored on twitter but have not seen the goal yet. How is he playing ricky?

ricky1985

Established Member
Didn't see too much of it unfortunately, but he looked very comfortable at that level. His athleticism stands out, and he can pass and tackle. His goal was a very good goal. A quick one-two on the edge of the box, and then he slotted it in low past the 'keeper. He reminds me of Diaby in a lot of ways, his goal was Diaby at his best too, but he seems to have a much better game understanding than Abou. A quicker brain.

Ding Dong

According to YoungGuns Özyakup has rejected Arsenal's latest contract offer & he'll be off in the summer.

RobinVanPersie

Hm, another young Dutch player that didn't make it in a foreign country.

He's 19. If he was a real talent, he would already be a member of the first squad. At least playing in the Carling Cup and FA Cup. Like Szczesny, Gibbs, Cesc, Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott etc.

Arsène probably has no plans with him in the first team for the next year...that's why he rejected the new contract.

Vela

Established Member
He was going to go out on loan next season he said that before the liverpool reserve game.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Looks a tidy midfielder aswell, but it's gonna be tough for young midfielders to break through in the next few years considering how well stocked we are in that area.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom