• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,771

leo_ense

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/gnabry-signs-first-professional-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-ne ... l-contract</a>

Gnabry has signed his first pro contract with Asenal.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
van the man 10 said:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/gnabry-signs-first-professional-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gnabry has signed his first pro contract with Asenal.
Amazing talent

evoh_1

Established Member
Wasn't this done ages ago and its just formalized as he is 17. Massive potential just hope he can realise it here and contribute to arsenal without ****ing off too early.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Good news I suppose. I just don't get too excited by these youngsters anymore. We've had quite a bunch of these "next big things" down the line such as Gavin Hoyte, Amaury Bischoff, JET, Francis Jeffers, Fran Merida, Aliadiere, Lupoli...all amounted to nothing, really.

Impact

Established Member
We have also had a number of players come through into the first team picture recently. Considering the current climate of youth development at the club, I think only the cream of the crop will make it here now and we'll see less and less 'project' players coming through.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saw him for Germany u15 on the right wing, where does he play for us? Physically he has really changed, quite bulky.

evoh_1

Established Member
GDeep said:
Saw him for Germany u15 on the right wing, where does he play for us? Physically he has really changed, quite bulky.

All across the line but mostly on the wings cutting in on both sides, he is sick to watch is person as well as his passing decisions and timing is fantastic along with goalscoring.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
FinnGooner said:
Good news I suppose. I just don't get too excited by these youngsters anymore. We've had quite a bunch of these "next big things" down the line such as Gavin Hoyte, Amaury Bischoff, JET, Francis Jeffers, Fran Merida, Aliadiere, Lupoli...all amounted to nothing, really.

None of those players bar Merida and Aliadiere had enough talent to make it here and even then that's debateable.

There will always be some promising youth players who don't make it, and Gnarby has massive potential. Certainly more than the players you mentioned.

BeijingBaller

FinnGooner said:

Surely you are trolling... Bischoff was hare today, gone tomorrow. Just a cheap bet, not our product...

Glovegun

Established Member
It's fine to say that Djourou is fine 'as fourth choice' but that's only if you're happy with him playing 15/20 games a season, which is perfectly possible. Centre-halves don't peak until they are much older - if they've got the right mental attitude at 18/19 then they can go a long way. Bartley looks like he could do. Senderos, like Djourou, had it all in his locker but no real strength upstairs.

Can't say I've seen too much of Afobe, but Aneke looks a player.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
YoungGunsBlog

I'm told Arsenal have accepted loan offers from Millwall and Bolton for Benik Afobe. Up to player now. #BWFC most likely.

progman07

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
FinnGooner said:
We've had quite a bunch of these "next big things" down the line such as Gavin Hoyte, Amaury Bischoff

:lol:
Merida, Barazite, Lansbury, Connolly, etc.

It's sad that apart from Wilshere, our most successful youth product of the last 5 years is an average young left back, Gibbs, who cannot even defend.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
jmsmtthw28 said:
YoungGunsBlog

I'm told Arsenal have accepted loan offers from Millwall and Bolton for Benik Afobe. Up to player now. #BWFC most likely.

Young Guns reporting he has chosen Bolton Wanderers FC

VancouverCanuck

Do you consider Bendtner our youth product? I think he joined the academy when he was 16?

I do wonder sometimes whether our academy is overrated. It would be interesting to see analysis on how well we fare comparing to other teams' academy (e.g. Manure's).

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't think of a youth setup in England that is better than ours. ManU's is good, but once you get past the golden era with the Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes, Butt and Giggs I don't think they've produced much.

Their current squad has Evans, Cleverly, Welbeck and kind of Fletcher.

Ours has a lot more, but we also bring players in when they are in their mid to late teens. They play reserve team football, but it is hard to say that we are mostly responsible for their development.

From the current squad we have Szczesny, Djourou, Gibbs, Coquelin, Frimpong, Wilshere, Song, Bartley, and Walcott, and that doesn't even count the young players who came to the club because they knew they would get a shot at the first team like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey and even Diaby.

And we also have players like Aneke, Afobe, and Miquel knocking at the door for the first team.

So I think we're really good at scouting, but also equally good at developing players.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom