• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giorgio Chiellini

entropy13

Established Member
Re: Giorgio Chiellini / William Gallas Swap Deal?

godfather said:
fabo said:
AnthonyG said:
It's now twice as likely: 0.0 x2.

Back in the schooldays, one person would always say 2 as the answer to that... :wink:

No chance of Chiellini though. Let's just get Lescott and get it over with!

Lescott is more unlikely imo.

0.0 x3.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

quote="entropy13"]
godfather said:
fabo said:
AnthonyG said:
It's now twice as likely: 0.0 x2.

Back in the schooldays, one person would always say 2 as the answer to that... :wink:

No chance of Chiellini though. Let's just get Lescott and get it over with!

Lescott is more unlikely imo./quote

0.0 x3.

Haha! and I agree.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Okay, so it has been confirmed that Fabio Cannavaro is returning to the Stadio delle Alpi, and Claudio Ranieri was sacked yesterday, with Juventus promoting from within in the form of Ciro Ferrara. Big news.

How does all of that affect our chances of getting Mr. Chiellini?
It probably means that Mellberg will have a hard time getting a game. Chiellini is 24. Cannavaro is 35. Mellberg is 31. There's little doubt over who's the future of the club.

DaGunners

Established Member

I don't see why people think we can't get him. If Arsenal actually should some ambition for a change, and offered Juve 20M and their choice of Gallas/Toure we could easily get him I think. Would be good business for the, They need to strengthen with numbers if they want to challenge for Serie A.

Raider

Established Member

20Million for Chiellini?

Firstly I don't think he's worth that much. Secondly, its too big of a risk to take.

Bringing in Chiellini, and parting with 20million as well as one of our current starting centre backs?. Or Bringing Senderos back, and keeping the 20 in the bank with a minimal risk involved.

Thats Wengers job, but personally I don't think we'd purchase a centre back costing more then 14m.

12Million max, and reading all the rumours, that signing will be a young frenchman from Paris St-Germain

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I think he is worth much more than 10m. He is still relatively young, yet have plenty of experiences and very solid

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

DaGunners said:
I don't see why people think we can't get him. If Arsenal actually should some ambition for a change, and offered Juve 20M and their choice of Gallas/Touré we could easily get him I think. Would be good business for the, They need to strengthen with numbers if they want to challenge for Serie A.
Can't, won't, it doesn't matter. We're not getting or going after him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Raider said:
20Million for Chiellini?

Firstly I don't think he's worth that much. Secondly, its too big of a risk to take.

Bringing in Chiellini, and parting with 20million as well as one of our current starting centre backs?. Or Bringing Senderos back, and keeping the 20 in the bank with a minimal risk involved.

Thats Wengers job, but personally I don't think we'd purchase a centre back costing more then 14m.

12Million max, and reading all the rumours, that signing will be a young frenchman from Paris St-Germain

Agree 20 million plus a player would be way too much of a risk and Don't even see chiellini as that much better than Gallas - especially in the premiership. Senderos would probably be a better bet. Selling senderos for 5 million plus and spending 15 million on a new centre back may be an even better bet.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

It's 'kee ay lee nee'. Not 'Chee a linny'. That's your first Italian lesson for today ... now the second ... the Italians love Italy ... they only like London for holidays.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

Webdesignlab said:
It's 'kee ay lee nee'. Not 'Chee a linny'. That's your first Italian lesson for today ... now the second ... the Italians love Italy ... they only like London for holidays.

How very condescending of you. Thanks.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

A_Gooner_Matata said:
Webdesignlab said:

Well, it was a moment or 2 I had ... I thought some may benefit from my vast linguistic skills.

Cheer up mate ... good lord.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

Webdesignlab said:
A_Gooner_Matata said:
Webdesignlab said:

Well, it was a moment or 2 I had ... I thought some may benefit from my vast linguistic skills.

Cheer up mate ... good lord.

;) Sorry, it's hard to pick up a jocular tone of voice over the internet. Fair enough!

entropy13

Established Member

Indeed, removing the h would actually make it pronounced as the English "ch" sound. :p

Floating

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/20883/Gunners_need_funds_to_seal_Italian_defender.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/20 ... ender.aspx</a>

Could it be Chiellini?! :shock:

Raider

Established Member

Lets hope so.

Gallas at 32, and Chiellini at 24.

Exchange, plus say 12million.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I doubt that Chiellini would require much scouting at this point.

ivansen

This will not happen. It just isn't a Wenger type signing. If TA is scouting someone in Italy it is bound to be some other bloke like Andrea Coda or some other unknown entity.

But I could be wrong, I thought we would never sign Arshavin nor Silvestre.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Who ever it is, I hope it doesnt drag on to the last day like every other season.

qs

Established Member

Of course there'll be transfer rumours right up until the final day of the window. Thats how the press works. They want you excited and glued to SSN on deadline day so they'll feed you whatever bullshit it takes.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom