• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giorgio Chiellini

Illusion

Established Member
Re: Giorgio Chiellini / William Gallas Swap Deal?

We can't afford him and even if we could afford him he wouldn't come to us for reasons already mentioned above.

Never going to happen, not for Gallas + £20m.

Proof

Established Member

I would be amazed if a top Italian player leaves Serie A. Secondly, Ranieri is an average manager, but I don't think that he is so stupid to consider a swap between one of the best Italian defenders and an ageing Gallas.

KY

Established Member

SO! fresh news on chiellini. Here's hope! no matter how bleak...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/17/1270409/arsenal-gunning-for-juventus-defender-giorgio-chiellini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... -chiellini</a>

granted its only tabloids... but thats where they all start i guess

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Oh dear lord, all they did was read that b/s comment at the end of that b/s article on our transfer budget and ran with it. And these ****** actually get paid for this?

Goons AFC

10 million? Yes Please!

Not really following that link's train of throught (We might have 13 million budget, so we're definitely going for Cheillini). Not going to happen, but it sure would make me a happy camper.

ibby

Established Member

King Puck Paddy said:
Why would anyone swap Juventus for arsenal right now?
This is a load of bull
Juventus aren't much better than us and most probably Claudio will be leaving in the summer, he's had to take a load of **** from the fans this season.

LucasNL

Not Chiellini, Italians are very reluctant to leave the Serie A and I think Chiellini really loves the country and culture. He already said he won't leave Juventus and there's no reason to assume he was lying.

ibby

Established Member

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Most players would move to Arsenal ahead of Juve in my opinion.
In terms of history and stature, Juve ****s all over us.

In terms of right now, we're pretty equal.

thegame24

Established Member

No non italian in their prime would go serie a.

Italians never seem to leave so it would be tough.

thegame24

Established Member

If a non italian team with stature was also in the running i doubt hed go.

Unforgiven

Established Member

King Puck Paddy said:
Why would anyone swap Juventus for arsenal right now?

This is a load of bull

Juventus are 1 point from being in 4th place like us, so barely a difference between both clubs.

-vapour-

Although I'm not trying to deny that Chiellini wouldn't want to leave Juve, in respect to Unforgiven's last comment... Serie A is a much worse league than the EPL now. Juve wouldn't finish in top 4 of our league thats for sure. Good team as they are and that, Italian Clubs are not dominating the Champions League are they?

In refletion to the whole transfer linkage, to me its a load of old 'hoo haa'

ricky1985

Established Member

Okay, so it has been confirmed that Fabio Cannavaro is returning to the Stadio delle Alpi, and Claudio Ranieri was sacked yesterday, with Juventus promoting from within in the form of Ciro Ferrara. Big news.

How does all of that affect our chances of getting Mr. Chiellini?

fabo

6.51 / 10

AnthonyG said:
It's now twice as likely: 0.0 x2.

Back in the schooldays, one person would always say 2 as the answer to that... :wink:

No chance of Chiellini though. Let's just get Lescott and get it over with!

godfather

fabo said:
AnthonyG said:
It's now twice as likely: 0.0 x2.

Back in the schooldays, one person would always say 2 as the answer to that... :wink:

No chance of Chiellini though. Let's just get Lescott and get it over with!

Lescott is more unlikely imo.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom