• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
FinnGooner said:
Can we close the thread now or shall we keep it open for GDeep's "Higuain is the worst player on earth" -trolling?

Don't know what you're talking about. I wanted Higuain, just not ahead of Suarez at 30M - and many on here were of the same opinion.

The other thing, I have for about 2 years said Higuain isn't an elite level striker and worth about 20M - so I don't see how it's trolling when when my opinions on Higuain not only go back long before AFC links, but are shared by a considerable amount of guys on here.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Can't let GDeep have the last say on this.

I like Higuain but don't think of him as close to being one of the elite strikers. His style isn't vastly different to Giroud either, unlike a Suarez or even a Jovetic who would've given us something different.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
higuain at £25m (real's original asking price) would have been a far better signing than the £50m we're going to blow on the uruguyan deviant.

this was a really sad thread. one that will haunt me for a long time.

Floating

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
higuain at £25m (real's original asking price) would have been a far better signing than the £50m we're going to blow on the uruguyan deviant.

this was a really sad thread. one that will haunt me for a long time.

Agreed that our original £23m would have been a great deal for Higuain (hence why it seemed to be Wenger's first choice), but Real got Euro signs in their eyes and shifted the asking price by about £9m, which no longer represented great value. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom