• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Giroud scored 14 league goals = Arsenal fans say his World class.

Berainho scored 14 league goals = Arsenal fans laugh at the possibility of a transfer.

Overplayed your hand there mate, no one said Giroud is world class lmao.

Also, have you seen both of them play? Berahino is miles off being Arsenal quality.

If we had the opportunity to bring in Higuain, didn't, and ended up signing Berahino I'd be livid.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Which is a great return for a defensive league, fourth highest scorer this year and joint fourth in his debut last season.

It's worse than what Immobile - a current joke at Dortmund - manages to do two seasons ago, and it's worse than what a 38 year old Luca Toni manages to produce this season.

The Italian league is not defensive. More goals were scored this season in the Seria A than there was in the Prem, so I have no idea where you got that from except old stereotypical views of Italian football.

The league is just awful. They've got one good team currently and the rest are just utter ****e except for maybe Roma.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Which would benefit us more as a team, Higuain or a top winger? The latter for me. Higuain is posting respectable stats in a league that anyone with top quality destroys.

You only have to look at the treble winning Bayern side to see it, you don't need a world class striker if both your wingers are genuine quality. I wouldn't mind if we signed him but for close to the same money I think we could improve the team much more by improving in other positions.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
It's worse than what Immobile - a current joke at Dortmund - manages to do two seasons ago, and it's worse than what a 38 year old Luca Toni manages to produce this season.

The Italian league is not defensive. More goals were scored this season in the Seria A than there was in the Prem, so I have no idea where you got that from except old stereotypical views of Italian football.

The league is just awful. They've got one good team currently and the rest are just utter ****e except for maybe Roma.

Er hold on, Immobile was absolutely fantastic at Torino last season scoring 23, which is why Dortmund purchased him. If he's considered a joke now its because he scored 10 goals this season, something that Higuain hasn't done since he was 19 years old. So that logic is out of the window.

I don't follow Verona, but when he Luca was at Bayern it was clear he was the absolute focal point to the team, all set pieces and crosses were aimed at him and he took penalties.

The point I'm making is that Higuain is a fantasticly consistent goalscorer who has has a skill set that would thrive here.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

You can't put it up like that.

Jokes like Michu, Benteke, Lukaku, Le Fondre, Austin, etc. have outscored Giroud as well. **** happens.

You look at the player, Higuain, does he have some outstanding qualities? Yes, absolutely. Toni scored more than him? So freakin what. He has also scored more than Tevez, and Morata, who're playing CL final tonight.

Higuain scores goals, and he does amazingly well, and he'd do it here too.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You can't put it up like that.

Jokes like Michu, Benteke, Lukaku, Le Fondre, Austin, etc. have outscored Giroud as well. **** happens.

You look at the player, Higuain, does he have some outstanding qualities? Yes, absolutely. Toni scored more than him? So freakin what. He has also scored more than Tevez, and Morata, who're playing CL final tonight.

Higuain scores goals, and he does amazingly well, and he'd do it here too.

No, he does it well. He's a good striker, probably better than Giroud, but he's no where near the levels of the striker who do score goals "amazingly well" - Suarez, Neymar, Aguero, prime RVP etc. That's obviously not counting Messi and Ronaldo.

FWIW, if you look back in this thread I'm not saying Higuain would be a terrible signing, but he shouldn't be the priority. There are better options out there, and they don't necessarily have to be strikers. A player like Reus would be a better investment.

Sadly, it all depends on if Walcott can stay fit. Walcott fit for an entire season, and suddenly you don't really need a striker anymore. You'd still need a winger though.

shedward92

Plus Higuain is a little further away from 30 than some of our other striker links such as Martinez. Napoli aren't the force they used to be, Higuain would score goals surrounded by players like Özil and Carzola. Personally I think Higuain + Cech + Carvalho/Kongdobia/Scneiderlin/Xhaka would be an awesome transfer window.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He scored 18 goals in 31 starts and 6 subs games this season, hardly a number that suggests he is a "top class goal scorer". We might as well go for Mauro Icardi if all you want is a goal scorer, since he scored 22 goals in 33 starts (although yeah he just signed a new contract).

does Icardi have a track record of scoring 20 plus? Gonzalez does and has performed at the highest level.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seeing a lot of Higuain-induced blindness here.

AVENTUS

There just aren't enough quality Strikers around at the minute. Some of us wouldn't be happy with splashing nearly £30mil on Gonzalo who is turning the wrong side of 30 some of us will

At the end of the day Wenger has splashed £20mil on Welbeck he won't go and spend that sort of Money on any Striker that I'm confident of. If I know how Wenger thinks he'll be happy to rotate CF role between Giroud, Walcott & Welbeck.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
There just aren't enough quality Strikers around at the minute. Some of us wouldn't be happy with splashing nearly £30mil on Gonzalo who is turning the wrong side of 30 some of us will

At the end of the day Wenger has splashed £20mil on Welbeck he won't go and spend that sort of Money on any Striker that I'm confident of. If I know how Wenger thinks he'll be happy to rotate CF role between Giroud, Walcott & Welbeck.

The guy is 27. Why are you aging him by 2 and a half years?

cannonade

Established Member
There are never enough top strikers available in any transfer window. The good ones are kept under lock and key and paid buckets. Not sure of Higuain's impact at Arsenal. Think a fit Walcott getting a regular shift at striker would be greater than plugging Higuain there. Walcott does not want to play wide anymore, so I think that's what we'll see.
If a top striker were to somehow fall in Wenger's lap he might pounce, but given Walcott's status, I kind of doubt he'll go in that direction this summer.

AVENTUS

There are never enough top strikers available in any transfer window. The good ones are kept under lock and key and paid buckets. Not sure of Higuain's impact at Arsenal. Think a fit Walcott getting a regular shift at striker would be greater than plugging Higuain there. Walcott does not want to play wide anymore, so I think that's what we'll see.
If a top striker were to somehow fall in Wenger's lap he might pounce, but given Walcott's status, I kind of doubt he'll go in that direction this summer.

He had his chance with Saurez and couldn't do it cause transfer fee was too much there went our chance of a top quality striker right there..

I feel what your saying about Walcott tho and I bet Wenger agrees 100%

nicky47

Established Member
Higuain really is dividing opinions on here! I'd be happy with him here, but I question whether we actually bid at all... But I agree, I think Wenger might want Walcott as our striker next season. Especially considering there aren't obvious top strikers to buy out there, unless he buys some random, or could go for a winger in play of Walcott.

cannonade

Established Member
Higuain really is dividing opinions on here! I'd be happy with him here, but I question whether we actually bid at all... But I agree, I think Wenger might want Walcott as our striker next season. Especially considering there aren't obvious top strikers to buy out there, unless he buys some random, or could go for a winger in play of Walcott.

Yup. Could see that, but there's the Ox, who Wenger has said he would prefer to play down the middle, and Welbeck who may be frozen out centrally because of Theo, and the random Ramsey and Wilshere, who Wenger ultimately might want to play there in an over-loaded midfield, as he has been doing. We'll see, but other than adding DMid depth, Wenger might do squat.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I want a striker for this team. If the choice is between not buying a striker and buying Higuain I'd get him irrespective of how good our current options are. We are stacked in the wings as it is so investment there won't make sense.
Its not a question of saving money for next summer, with our increased income we can spend now without having to worry about the future. So if we have money, and are shifting podolski, campbell out i'd like it very much to have someone as a backup to giroud in case Walcott gets injured. Among the ones available-lacazette, benteke, martinez, vietto I
rate Higuain the highest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom