• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Every striker has a few embarrassing misses in their lockers. Dunno why people get so fixated on that.

Henry was sent through clean twice in 01 FA Cup Final, and missed both chances. Remember a fair few Arsenal fans being fed up with him after that. Turned out alright in the end, didn't he?

Wenger really had to cuddle him after that , he was a mess , Thierry was actually calling for us to sign a fox in the box .

GOONER1991

Established Member
Would have ripped your hand off for Higuain a couple of seasons ago, however I just don't know what his level is now. He's better than Giroud, and likely would enjoy the extra space you'd get in the Premier League.

I'd be excited to sign him, but there would still be so,e question marks over what level he's at. Can't believe some people arguing Theo upfront is superior.

@Ahmed_Hefnawy Those videos you posted about Higuain were a little self defeating imo. All of them were decent attempts at goals, something that all strikers have.
Now if you'd posted him missing a tap-in so obvious that even the opposing defenders were left clutching their heads, then you'd be onto something :)

The argument is more like this.
will he offers that big differeance to Giroud/Walcot/Welbeck that suggest paying 30 million for him. I would rather getting another Sanchez with these 30 millions than having Higuain.

Actually TGG's point although a bit harsh is true , should properly introduce yourself before dropping the sarcastic post . What's done is done though . So let's not harp on it eh Yorch ?

Honestly, I'm very surprised. First I get insulted now I get accused of something never crossed my mind. Everyone is entitled to say his/her opinion as much as I. Why should I do such a thing.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The argument is more like this.
will he offers that big differeance to Giroud/Walcot/Welbeck that suggest paying 30 million for him. I would rather getting another Sanchez with these 30 millions than having Higuain.

Well he's a better striker than all 3, and the whole point of buying players is to improve on what you've got. We're stacked on the wings and don't need another wide player. Truth be told Welbeck has looked better for us out wide then he has down the middle, and Walcott scored 20+ goals playing on the right before he got injured. Why people now want to play him down the middle is baffling.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly, I'm very surprised. First I get insulted now I get accused of something never crossed my mind. Everyone is entitled to say his/her opinion as much as I. Why should I do such a thing.

What I am saying is introduce yourself first , it avoids those sort of reaction . It doesn't matter anyway,you are entitled to your say and welcome to the forum by the way .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
And that's how you welcome ppl in AM!
At least this half a brain cell or less doesn't insult ppl!

Your first post was a compilation of YouTube misses as justification why we shouldn't buy Higuain, if you can't see the flaws in that there's no point in us discussing him any further. The same way a YouTube compilation of his goals is also a rather weak argument, YouTube can make Robert Earnshaw look a world class striker FFS.

It must be because you hurt his soft feelings and because he is a Mr Well-Know Member for the God's love!! So important then. And some people insult if you are not gree with them, a little stupid, but they do that.

Lord Higuain is coming to replace Lord Bendtner! Lol

Don't generalise me, it was a stupid post which received a stupid response. If what I said qualifies as a full blown insult you guys are way 'softer' than me LOL.

Jaded

I don't want him, not for that kinda figure. And this coming from a guy who have watched him at the Santiago Bernabéu lotsa time (lived 20 mins from the stadium). During his time at Real, he never had the support of the fan (real hardcore Madridista, not those plastic fan who keep booing players). Higuaín is a very frustrating player, he will gone missing for the whole 90 mins, and yet for some reason he's always on a scoresheet. No one can deny he's a very good goalscorer, but his overall play is almost non existence, awful link up play, rarely tracks back, and hardly ever help in defending set pieces.

He's one of those off the shoulder forward who has good movement but rely too heavily on others to supply him chances. He don't create goals on his own, he will collect a lot of offsides before scoring one.

I believe we need a dynamic forward who excel in both creating chances and scoring goals. Benzema is a good shout, but he's Pérez golden boy, have a massive follower in Madrid, and perfectly happy here. Someone like Vietto who might be raw at the moment, but has all the potential to become a great forward if given time and chances.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If we judged players based on a highlight reels of chances they missed then Giroud wouldn't even be considered a footballer.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Overrated don't want him here, I don't get why many Arsenal fans do. Isn't an improvement on Giroud IMO.

shedward92

He may not be an improvement, (though personally I suspect he is) however even if he is not an improvement I don't think that means we should discount the idea of signing him.

Who else would you suggest we sign? Or are you one of the Walcott as CF brigade?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Overrated don't want him here, I don't get why many Arsenal fans do. Isn't an improvement on Giroud IMO.

The DM's we've been linked with aren't an improvement on Coq. Does that mean we should go into next season with only one decent option?

Yorch_44

If he comes here, I think he oa going to be so frustrating, he lost his place in Real Madrid for a good reason, he went to play to a weak league. He is not the same of RM, 5 years since his best season in Spain is a lot of time. I prefer nothing in CF.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The DM's we've been linked with aren't an improvement on Coq. Does that mean we should go into next season with only one decent option?
Huge difference in that situation though. We are short on decent DM's while we have 2-3 decent Strikers on about the same level as Higuain. Like Stoneh said splashing 30 million on a striker like Higuain who probably won't even be first choice is lunatic.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

He may not be an improvement, (though personally I suspect he is) however even if he is not an improvement I don't think that means we should discount the idea of signing him.

Who else would you suggest we sign? Or are you one of the Walcott as CF brigade?
I honestly don't see any current striker worth 30+ million that is up for sale and available right now. Neither do i see someone that would significantly improve that position that is available. If i had to get a striker it would probably be someone decent just for squad depth and someone cheap (15-20 million max)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Huge difference in that situation though. We are short on decent DM's while we have 2-3 decent Strikers on about the same level as Higuain. Like Stoneh said splashing 30 million on a striker like Higuain who probably won't even be first choice is lunatic.

Only strikers we have are Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott. Only Giroud comes close to what Higuain is capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom