• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedward92

I agree, though there are no "elite" level strikers available in this window there are a few in the tier below. Giroud and Walcott have both have the spells on the sidelines, we need another striker.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
There are never enough top strikers available in any transfer window. The good ones are kept under lock and key and paid buckets. Not sure of Higuain's impact at Arsenal. Think a fit Walcott getting a regular shift at striker would be greater than plugging Higuain there. Walcott does not want to play wide anymore, so I think that's what we'll see.
If a top striker were to somehow fall in Wenger's lap he might pounce, but given Walcott's status, I kind of doubt he'll go in that direction this summer.

Agree, I would rather get a top winger than go for a CF just because one is available. Wenger already did that last season with Welbeck and it hasnt worked. Spend our money on a top DM & winger would be far better than getting Higuain.

GoonerfromKz

Player:Trossard
It's a shame Real insisted on a buy-back clause for Morata last year, he would have been perfect. But I'd take Higuain, beggars can't be choosers.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's a shame Real insisted on a buy-back clause for Morata last year, he would have been perfect. But I'd take Higuain, beggars can't be choosers.

We aren't beggars mate ,trust the judgement of the Arsenal staff they were smart enough NOT to pick up Balotelli or Falcao pretty sure Wenger and Co can find a better solution .

GoonerfromKz

Player:Trossard
We aren't beggars mate ,trust the judgement of the Arsenal staff they were smart enough NOT to pick up Balotelli or Falcao pretty sure Wenger and Co can find a better solution .
Tbf the striker market is so dire, everyone bar Barca/Real/Bayern/City are poor in that position. Knowing Wenger though, Welbz will score 30 goals next season, I won't even be surprised :confused:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The music in that Ameobi video is disappointing. The world's greatest by R Kelly would've been much more fitting.

I'm not entirely convinced with Higuain, but I bet you could find a video of misses for even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. All great strikers have missed clear cut chances.

I would agree if he had missed a first touch shot but not when he had the ball under his feet and touched it couple of times.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I dont think we should or will sign a striker, but after reading some of the posts in this topic I gotta just say one thing; Higuain is a top player.
If he is to leave Napoli, I hope its not Premiership, wouldnt like seeing him at our rivals.

Yorch_44

I would agree if he had missed a first touch shot but not when he had the ball under his feet and touched it couple of times.

It must be because you hurt his soft feelings and because he is a Mr Well-Know Member for the God's love!! So important then. And some people insult if you are not gree with them, a little stupid, but they do that.

Lord Higuain is coming to replace Lord Bendtner! Lol

samshere

Why so serieuse?

@Ahmed_Hefnawy Those videos you posted about Higuain were a little self defeating imo. All of them were decent attempts at goals, something that all strikers have.
Now if you'd posted him missing a tap-in so obvious that even the opposing defenders were left clutching their heads, then you'd be onto something :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It must be because you hurt his soft feelings and because he is a Mr Well-Know Member for the God's love!! So important then. And some people insult if you are not gree with them, a little stupid, but they do that.

Lord Higuain is coming to replace Lord Bendtner! Lol

Actually TGG's point although a bit harsh is true , should properly introduce yourself before dropping the sarcastic post . What's done is done though . So let's not harp on it eh Yorch ?

Refo

Every striker has a few embarrassing misses in their lockers. Dunno why people get so fixated on that.

Henry was sent through clean twice in 01 FA Cup Final, and missed both chances. Remember a fair few Arsenal fans being fed up with him after that. Turned out alright in the end, didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom