<

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I wonder which big club he'll end up at?

2. juice man

juice man Well-Known Member

Basel.

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Ivan is rubbing his hands and polishing his head as we speak...

4. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

What in the waffle :lol::lol:

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Team will suffer without Xhaka. Rest of the midfielders can’t even keep the ball.

Harder job now for Emery.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  6. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Quite apart from the threats / swearing at fans Emery publicly said his captain should issue an apology & the captain refused.

How could he go on as captain?

Squillaci likes this.
  7. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Maybe we'll soon have a manager that knows how to set up a midfield for the first time since 2010.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  8. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

unai licking some asses with this decision, desperate to save his job. Pathetic

celestis likes this.
  9. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Players voting for their captain and the coach just stripped him off the captaincy.

Pathetic.

albakos likes this.
  10. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

The Coward in Chief has thrown another player under the bus, this time the captain that he named.

This is quite accurate

11. berric

berric Well-Known Member

He's out of his depth. Can see nothing but trashing on the weekend. The players don't care about him and his treatment of players and decisions seem to leave most of our 'character players' disilusioned.

No way back for Unai nor Xhaka I believe. It's too late now.

12. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

C’mon now, Pogbas had online death threats, racist abuse and I assume we’ve all seen the video of the United “fan” telling him to his face he’s not fit to wear she shirt.

This situation isn’t unique to Arsenal in any way.

Shut down the internet I say! (Apart from certain key video sites of course)

13. Garrincha

To be fair Emery summed up the situation better than most.

RacingPhoton and Squillaci like this.
  14. albakos

The big problem is that it looks like he made this decision, to try to show some authority and hoping that it buys him more time.

He has never spoken on why our players need to be protected from such abuse and then he insisted that only Xhaka was wrong.

Since Xhaka was "selected" as captain from our players, and now with him stripping him, I think this will further split the dressing room.

The big issue I have with this is that this gives more ammo to toxic idiots on the stands, to give even more abuse to other players as they will see this as a sign that if you boo long enough, the coward in chief will oblige

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

So first Mustafi gets blamed for it, he gets dropped our defence is still sh*t. Xhaka then gets the blame and is hounded out of the club basically, guess what? Midfield still sh*t. Kolasinac better watch his back next. Emery needs to stop crumbling to the fan pressure, we're all idiots.

Seriously Arsenal fans are pathetic, moaning about Özil for years now begging for him. Hating Kronke then all he had to do was throw some money at your whore mouths and now everyone shut up about protests. It's like Tony Montana said in scarface you need someone to point to and say that's the bad guy.

We didn't know how good we had it under Arsène he would never have crumbled to fans like Emery.

16. Garrincha

Do we know it was Emery? Maybe it was above his head.

Xhakas statement was poorly worded, confusing issues & potentially harmful to the club.

I dont believe the club actually published it directly just a poor quality image. Its a mess all round.

juice man and Squillaci like this.
  17. albakos

Even Bellerin had a lot of such calls of "You're not fit to wear our shirt" in an away game few seasons ago (think it was WBA or Palace away). Our away fans even refused to hand him the ball for a throw-in until they finished their calls.

Wenger had commented how this has deeply touched Bellerin and he was withheld for few games.

Every player reacts differently, but to have your captain treated that way is despicable.

celestis, Tosker and BigPoppaPump like this.
  18. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Only thing this whole debacle has done is damage the reputation and class of the Arsenal fan base. It won't be easy to fix.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  19. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

has anything been issued officially by the club condemning the abuse? it doesn't seem right that Xhaka gets punished but the trolls are rewarded

20. albakos

And please stop with these tinfoil theories: poor quality image, few pages ago you mentioned no screenshots etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.