• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
All those opinions are wrong. You should check the stats, for example speed/pace, Xhaka is faster than all other midfielders at Arsenal, besides Ramsey, who is slightly faster than Xhaka.

https://talksport.com/football/4148...erick-aubameyang-official-speed-test-results/

Slow doesn't necessary mean max-speed. He's got a slow acceleration. And is not quick on turning/reacting when pressed.

Not the biggest fan of Xhaka, But he does score some good goals at good times and if given a second or two he can distribute the ball quite good and has good long-range passing.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hopefully he is like the Cahill/Arteta/Mertesacker type Captain. You know, the type that never actually plays and harms the team.

Tomb Bombadil

If you just take leadership qualities into account I would say he's best suited besides Sokratis. Maybe Monreal but isn't a regular. Also captain for switzerland and I think for Gladbach at a realtiv young age.

No other player with leadership qualities unfortunatly. But you see this players less and less in the modern game. Instead they are Instagramm "pros"

Why

Always Me ?
About the only option, sounds like he will be our away captain, as Özil is also mentioned... So guessing Özil does the Home games he plays, Xhaka does the away games. Then Monreal when we have the inevitable injuries and he gets a game.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Some people simply are born to lead, and some to follow, its all mother nature thing. Tbh, I see Mesut Özil more as a follower, I like him as a player though.

Give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar, in this case to Xhaka.

blaze_of_glory

It was so ****ing obvious he was going to be Captain , He was Emery's go to player last season . :lol:Hilarious people thinking he was going to be sold .
Emery playing him at LB just to ensure he was still on the pitch but people want to say he doesn't like him.

Hope he can cut out the errors, they really are bad at times and are holding back an otherwise excellent CM.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
If you just take leadership qualities into account I would say he's best suited besides Sokratis. Maybe Monreal but isn't a regular. Also captain for switzerland and I think for Gladbach at a realtiv young age.

No other player with leadership qualities unfortunatly. But you see this players less and less in the modern game. Instead they are Instagramm "pros"

Holding.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Depends on what you consider as leadership qualities. If walking straight up like an army man is what makes a person a leader, then he is. Otherwise, he is just a joke. You have seen all the funny mistakes he has done on field. If he does that in a match and then tries to lead the other players, they will just laugh at his face and ask him to **** off.

Shahin Tadjalli

I refuse to give up on the lad, no matter no many times he cost us points and frustrated me. Like some poster said his passing and goal scoring can be fantastic, and that's why he's SO frustrating because its not like he's actually as **** as he occasionally is.

The reason I don't give up on him is that he seems to have a good fight in him and strives to become better, he just sometimes seems like a headless chicken.

Would love nothing more than him making it here, however if it ain't working out this season with the captains armband, ship him off to Italy where the bloke can actually fork a decent career for himself with his lack of pace / and ( can't stress this enough !!! ) his complete lack of press resistance, wether he gets inctercepted instantly or plays a chocky backpass..

Anyway, hope he has a decent season. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom