• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gunners on international duty

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
You can bet Fungus will find some of his special "niggling injuries" for Van ***** as much as possible close to internationals. He's doen that with Giggs for years.
Chelsea players do the same, Cashley, Terry and Lampard often skip internationals due to "injury" only to play full 90 minutes 3-4 days later.

Hopefully we have as little involvement in this as possible. Diaby will definitely play. Arteta will definitely get a call up in near future.If not for merit, then Cazorla could influence his call-up in a low-importance international match.

The only positive during this period is that Chesney could recover and be ready for So'ton game

Song Billong

Hopefully everyone comes back unscathed, and if Diaby is to play - which it looks like he will - hopefully he puts in another terrific display and gains some more confidence. Meanwhile, Arteta would be perfect for England...

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Moldova v England, September 7
England v Ukraine, September 11
Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker
Germany v Faroe Islands, September 7
Austria v Germany, September 11
Santi Cazorla
Spain v Saudi Arabia, September 7
Georgia v Spain, September 11
Thomas Vermaelen
Wales v Belgium, September 7
Belgium v Croatia, September 11
Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny and Abou Diaby
Finland v France, September 7
France v Belarus, September 11
Johan Djourou
Slovenia v Switzerland, September 7
Switzerland v Albania, September 11
Lukasz Fabianski
Montenegro v Poland, September 7
Poland v Moldova, September 11
Aaron Ramsey
Wales v Belgium, September 7
Serbia v Wales, September 11
Gervinho
Ivory Coast v Senegal, September 8
Francis Coquelin
Slovakia Under-21s v France Under-21s, September 7
France Under-21s v Chile Under-21s, September 10

source: arsenal.com

Original_AAA

Oh goodie, an international break! It is so good now and then to take a break from the Premier League and enjoy some real quality football...

On a more serious note, I really hope we for once get out of it withouth any major injuries.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
redwhiteAustrian said:
Really hope none of our mugs hurts Poldi or Merte, when we take on Germany on Sep 11th.

That's what I thought too :p Scharner out helps much obviously, but there's still Pogatetz playing. There aren't too many players in the Bundesliga that I despise more.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Scharner is more than just out, our FA decided to completely remove him from our national team, regardless of the manager in charge, after his antics prior to the Turkey game. :lol:

Pogatetz isn't that big a thug though, not worried about him. It's people like Baumgartlinger (from Mainz) who'll be playing DM, who worry me.

jerome2158

Established Member
Original_AAA said:
On a more serious note, I really hope we for once get out of it withouth any major injuries.

We've actually managed quite well the last few rounds. I think the persistent fear of international duty injury pretty much came about from van persie being made of glass.

All things considered, we came out of the Euro qualifiers/finals in great shape.

qs

Established Member
draiocht fianna said:
Ox, Walcott, Jack and Gibbs are not automatic starters for England.

Jack is a starter for England when he's fit. No doubt about it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Herbas said:
USArsenal said:
what are the chances that "you know who" is going to have a 6-month injury while playing for his national team (again)?

Apparently Dutch manager said that Huntelaar is the main striker now. About ******* time... :?

Is Van Gaal a Gooner? :lol:

danccm

DJ_Markstar said:
Herbas said:
USArsenal said:
what are the chances that "you know who" is going to have a 6-month injury while playing for his national team (again)?

Apparently Dutch manager said that Huntelaar is the main striker now. About ******* time... :?

Is Van Gaal a Gooner? :lol:
VAn Gall said right after he appointed the manager of the dutch national team. he says they are too many player there on an ego trip so he needs assess the team whilst taking the big head egos our one at a time so vp is the first. i think he also slate some of his country men in an interview where when he joined manure.

Camel

I doubt that van Gaal will(or can) overlook forward in white hot form. But Huntelaar also has 2 goals in 2 games. I hope he's gonna play two up-front. :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If he's a Gooner he's welcome to prove it by playing Judas in a meaningless friendly against Faroe Islands on a ****ing concrete pitch.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Herbas said:
USArsenal said:

Suddenly, the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette starts playing in my head .....

Proof

Established Member
Giroud out of France's World Cup 2014 qualifier with Finland

“He will work apart [from the squad], which will allow him to play the next match [against Belarus]," the former Marseille coach told reporters on Thursday afternoon.

“Considering it’s a muscle problem, it is better to give him more time. I would have preferred Olivier at full fitness, but [football] is like that.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giroud-frances-world-cup-2014-165400520--sow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giroud-fra ... --sow.html</a>

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom