• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Hector Bellerin (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The thing is, I'm not vegan, I'm not vegetarian and I don't even really care much about the ethical issues. I just hate eejits pontificating with all the knowledge of a brexit voter swimming in a bin, to justify slagging off someone who has already achieved more in their life, without hurting anyone, than most of us.
You might not be vegan but you definitely seem to have some Karenesque vegan level anger within you.

It won't be long before vegan parents will stop feeding their baby breast milk because they claim soy is better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Or maybe those players are really not that good. The reputation piece might be more on the negotiation piece, but either are players aren’t that good, or they are on crazy wages, it seems. One thing I do see is that we sometimes hold onto players for too long. AMN being an example. If he really wasn’t part of our plans we should’ve sold him when we had a decent offer.

and who's fault was that? it's not always the players that aren't good enough.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've never not liked him. His fall off also made sense to me too, we saw it happen.

I hope he gets his desired move anyways.

Was balling for Emery before that horrible knee injury.

It totally f*cked him up and he went to a dark place mentally as well which he admitted in his vlogs.

Mentally and physically he was struggling which is why I don’t begrudge him a move at all.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You’re leaving something out of my post. I said we should’ve sold earlier.

We got an offer for AMN and we kept him, so again who's fault is that?

A perfect squad isn't required for the clubs aims, but keep telling yourself maybe the players just aren't that good. Hope you enjoy next season too.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We got an offer for AMN and we kept him, so again who's fault is that?

A perfect squad isn't required for the clubs aims, but keep telling yourself maybe the players just aren't that good. Hope you enjoy next season too.
Some of the players aren’t that good. Bellerin isn’t any more and AMN isn’t. You don’t have to have a perfect squad, but when your starters go down, the bench needs to be at a certain level of competence to fill in. That was very evident last year.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Some of the players aren’t that good. Bellerin isn’t any more and AMN isn’t. You don’t have to have a perfect squad, but when your starters go down, the bench needs to be at a certain level of competence to fill in. That was very evident last year.

*Sigh.* You don't have to be good to be sold. We legit turned down money for AMN when he was England international, that's not the player's fault.

We've had ample opportunities to sell or do something with Bellerin, but same question with AMN who turned it down?

If the manager/people making the decisions are "not that good" then it really doesn't matter what players you got. Like I said - enjoy your excuses and enjoy next season.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
*Sigh.* You don't have to be good to be sold. We legit turned down money for AMN when he was England international, that's not the player's fault.

We've had ample opportunities to sell or do something with Bellerin, but same question with AMN who turned it down?

If the manager/people making the decisions are "not that good" then it really doesn't matter what players you got. Like I said - enjoy your excuses and enjoy next season. Here's a spoiler though, you and Arteta will NEVER have the depth and quality required.
LOL. Genuinely gave me a laugh.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

LOL. Genuinely gave me a laugh.

You should laugh. You say maybe it's because the players aren't that good and I've mentioned examples of offers that the club turned down whilst you have nothing but hopes and drims.

AMN and Bellerin will most likely go anyways, you will almost certainly get more quality players coming in, but you'll still be chasing the dragon most likely finding something else to blame.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You should laugh. You say maybe it's because the players aren't that good and I've mentioned examples of offers that the club turned down whilst you have nothing but hopes and drims.

AMN and Bellerin will most likely go anyways, you will almost certainly get more quality players coming in, but you'll still be chasing the dragon most likely finding something else to blame.
I’m not the one who keeps mentioning “blame”. My point has always been that our squad is thin on quality for most part outside the starting team. We have some positions where we’re one injury away from a train wreck. In other words I don’t think the squad is good enough. That’s my opinion. Yours may differ. That’s fine with me. With regards to the overall management, I think the whole leadership has goofed more than a few times, AMN being one of them. If I told my boss that i was keeping a resource I wasn’t sure of, after receiving a great offer, both my boss and I would have questions to answer down the line, if it turned out not to be the case that we’d turned down a revenue generating opportunity without really good reasons.
I support the club and am prepared to give them time to sort out the team. Does that mean I support all of Arteta’s decisions, no, in fact I don’t. It’s just that our problems have been built up over years and will take time to fix. If Arteta and co end up not being able to fix stuff, they go, simple as. We are just not in a position to keep hopping and changing our leadership, in my humble opinion.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We are just not in a position to keep hopping and changing our leadership, in my humble opinion.

But we are fine to keep spending 150 mil every summer with middling results? Great. "One injury away from train wreck" :lol:

Like Sp**s squad is so much better. Enjoy man, seriously.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
You might not be vegan but you definitely seem to have some Karenesque vegan level anger within you.

It won't be long before vegan parents will stop feeding their baby breast milk because they claim soy is better.
Do by any chance have a subscription to the Daily Mail or Daily Express?

lomekian

Essays are my thing

He's going nowhere. He's got a new job.
Maybe he can progress to fill in Gunnersaurus?

He was actually starting to progress his game under Emery (certainly his passing improved), and then bam. Lost his pace, what power he had, his confidence, agility in certain movements and the progress he made under Emery all in one unfortunate twist.

Ultimately he was never as good as we projected when he was 19, but was a lot better than many remember him after the last couple of seasons.

Best for all if he moves on, but if Betis keep taking the piss, he may have to stay another year.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
There are nuances to the veganism debate. One is that being healthy is different from being physically strong. A big share of Hindus are vegetarians. They don't eat eggs, but they consume lots of dairy. They do live a long life. Then there are Jains - The hardcore ones don't even eat root vegetables like onions and carrots. They also seem to have normal healthy lifespan.

When it comes to physical strength, I would say on average, the above mentioned group of people have less physical strength than the ones eating meat. But world class athletes are not part of the average. They have well paid dieticians and physicians who ensure that the vegan diet taken by players is well rounded and makes up for all nurtrients that are found in meat.

So being vegan and also physically strong takes a bit of effort, but definitely possible, especially for players with all the facilities available. I would say Hector's drop in form is totally down to injuries.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to Betis media we did reject thier 4M bid. They willing to go higher and bellerin will take pay cut but they have to sell first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom