• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Tempted to put him in my fantasy team.

He was entering some dangerous positions in both matches and he could've capped 2 assists on a different day and maybe a goal vs City. I believe this new system will make him a threat, I can see him already drifting a bit more inside and also taking on players more.

We have a somewhat easier run now and I could see him involved in a lot of good stuff.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

his crossing ability hasn't improved at all.
This is one of the things that really irritate me with him. His crossing is just dire... and it is not improving one bit year over year. You would assume that he would practice it and somehow get better but that just isn't happening.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
This is one of the things that really irritate me with him. His crossing is just dire... and it is not improving one bit year over year. You would assume that he would practice it and somehow get better but that just isn't happening.

You could see in the Chelsea match that the instruction was finally drilled crosses in the 6-yard box, where I think he did well before we went into mindless crossing to nobody, so that brings some optimism that his delivery will be better.

He is a threat. To our team by constantly sabotaging us, the ****ing mole!

Understand the frustration and I agree he is unreliable defensively. Like most of the players, he has a clean slate from me until Christmas so I am hoping for some improvement in his defensive game as the team becomes more suited to new tactics.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
His place is a midtable La Liga team. Betis, Celta, Girona - something like that. He can live in sunny Spain, be the big name as subpar RB transformed into an average RW by some mediocre spanish manager and spent most of his time on Instagram and Formula 1 tracks trying to poach models. If he buckles up I could see Valencia/Villareal/Sevilla level in him for later stages in his career.

Ability wise he isn't made for top clubs, no matter how promising he looked years ago. He neither has the professionalism nor the mentality to work his way up and refine his game. Think the boy just lacks the desire to be a footballer - genuinely feels like this is just the career he randomly happened in to, but actually he wants to be a fashion blogger or something.

Shame the club didn't sell him when there was talk about 50m. Don't think he'll fetch any more than 15m right now. One of the worst RBs in the Premier League and no sign of improvement.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Offensively he was one of our best players. He had the cutback that Auba couldn't convert and laid the pre-assist for our second goal. And for the first chelsea goal I feel that he had been instructed to follow William to try and dispossess him and Mkhi was supposed to fill in for him. Credit should be given to chelsea for mounting the attack at such speed that we couldn't recover our shape in time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
... we couldn't recover our shape in time.
I don't want to take away from your post because I think you make a solid point but how often is this the case when Bellerin is far up the pitch? I really feel like Hector has lost a yard of pace in recent seasons. I remember him being blitz and now its average.. Part of a fullbacks job these days is to run that wing ragged... Look at Walker..

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don't want to take away from your post because I think you make a solid point but how often is this the case when Bellerin is far up the pitch? I really feel like Hector has lost a yard of pace in recent seasons. I remember him being blitz and now its average.. Part of a fullbacks job these days is to run that wing ragged... Look at Walker..
It was Mkhi who failed to keep up with Alonso though, Bellerin went upfield to press William which I found strange and the only explanation why he moved that way could be that he's been instructed to. But he can't be in two places at the same time, Mkhi should've filled the hole. Tbf to mkhi he was moving in that direction but Alonso was too fast for him. Its obviously a coaching dictated move to gain possession high up the pitch. Bellerin is as fast as Walker and if he could have regained his position he would, but theres no need find a culprit for each opposition goal, sometimes you just have to acknowledge that the move was too good for you.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It was Mkhi who failed to keep up with Alonso though, Bellerin went upfield to press William which I found strange and the only explanation why he moved that way could be that he's been instructed to. But he can't be in two places at the same time, Mkhi should've filled the hole. Tbf to mkhi he was moving in that direction but Alonso was too fast for him. Its obviously a coaching dictated move to gain possession high up the pitch. Bellerin is as fast as Walker and if he could have regained his position he would, but theres no need find a culprit for each opposition goal, sometimes you just have to acknowledge that the move was too good for you.
I don't know so much. Looks like our coaching stafffeel differently..
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/latest-arsenal-news-lucas-torreira-15054135

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
His place is a midtable La Liga team. Betis, Celta, Girona - something like that. He can live in sunny Spain, be the big name as subpar RB transformed into an average RW by some mediocre spanish manager and spent most of his time on Instagram and Formula 1 tracks trying to poach models. If he buckles up I could see Valencia/Villareal/Sevilla level in him for later stages in his career.

Ability wise he isn't made for top clubs, no matter how promising he looked years ago. He neither has the professionalism nor the mentality to work his way up and refine his game. Think the boy just lacks the desire to be a footballer - genuinely feels like this is just the career he randomly happened in to, but actually he wants to be a fashion blogger or something.

Shame the club didn't sell him when there was talk about 50m. Don't think he'll fetch any more than 15m right now. One of the worst RBs in the Premier League and no sign of improvement.

A bit of a knee-jerk post tbh, especially the bolded part.

I think it's still premature to call him unmotivated or unwilling to better himself. I see him as a player that really needs a hands-on coaching to further his development. He wasn't given that under Wenger and I have high hopes he'll start to show some progress under Emery.

He's still 23 mind you, has to fight for RB spot for the first time in his career with an experienced and quality player that he can also learn from. All the prerequisites to further his development are in place. If he doesn't show progress this season then we can start labelling him as an unmotivated medicore player.

Personally I still believe he can work his way up and refine his game to the point he'll be considered as an exciting player, as he once was.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I think it's still premature to call him unmotivated or unwilling to better himself. I see him as a player that really needs a hands-on coaching to further his development. He wasn't given that under Wenger and I have high hopes he'll start to show some progress under Emery.

He's still 23 mind you, has to fight for RB spot for the first time in his career with an experienced and quality player that he can also learn from. All the prerequisites to further his development are in place. If he doesn't show progress this season then we can start labelling him as an unmotivated medicore player.

Personally I still believe he can work his way up and refine his game to the point he'll be considered as an exciting player, as he once was.
Have you been away lately or am I just missing your posts?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Knee jerk yourself, big mouth.

Bellerin has been a starter for 4, 5 seasons. It's popular to accuse Wenger of not individually coaching players and it does hold some water, but making it an excuse for anything is ****ing knee jerk.

Guy has been getting steadily worse, now had a complete pre season with the New manager and while some things have looked better, Bellerin is still a liability. He just lacks fundamental positional and game awareness.

His off fields antics should be of no interest as with any player, but with him it just does seem as if it affects his professional life. He seems much more passionate and focused regarding fashion than football in any Interview he gives.

Bellerin is so far off the best RBs in the PL, whereas I couldn't name too many who are the same combination of leaky at the back, indecisive and only sporadically of use in the final third.

Overall close to the Tello, Deulofeu category of player in my book. Hyped Barca boys that eventually don't cut it at top clubs.

simonreq

Well, isn't Özil and Bellerin the epitomy of whats wrong in Arsenal? Both have played ½-1 proper good season (on a consitent basis) at Arsenal. We still shout more time, more time, but still wonder why we're not progressing.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If people are willing to give Emery time to rebuild then the same should go for the players.

The guy literally changed his entire diet to become fitter and suffer less injuries, how is that not commitment?

And if we are going down the road of fashion being a distraction for him, then why aren’t we cutting him any slack after his family moved back to Spain.

Hmmm interest in fashion after a few hours training or his entire family being in a different country. I wonder what would impact him more. :rolleyes:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How do you know this by the way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom