• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I thought it was well documented by former players and for example from Mustafi recently. Wenger was never a hands on approach manager.

I think that stuff is totally overplayed personally , Ramsey mentioned last year the coaching staff worked hard with him to improve his midfield play, heard others say the same all the way back to Fabregas got to remember Henry became a striker under Wenger , Lauren a full back . I saw what Mustafi but I doubt Wenger wouldn't say something if he asked .

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
His final ball is still extremely hit and miss but when it comes to defending I still think he needs more help. We don't really have a natural winger who can get up and down the pitch. Mkhitaryan really didn't cover himself in glory for Chelsea's first goal. A lot of the times Bellerin is defending 2 v 1.

Can't wait to see how much he will improve in next 10 games or so. Such a huge potential. He has all the ingredients to make world class full back! We are lucky to have him!

ptrcopp

His final ball is still extremely hit and miss but when it comes to defending I still think he needs more help. We don't really have a natural winger who can get up and down the pitch. Mkhitaryan really didn't cover himself in glory for Chelsea's first goal. A lot of the times Bellerin is defending 2 v 1.

I've said this before and been thinking it even longer. You expect a full back' s final ball to be hit n miss , really, they are primarily a defender after all.
But it's really no wonder he looked best when Walcott and Ramsey were playing RW. Both would vacate the RW space - Walcott would play as another striker and Ramsey would be an extra AM. This freed Bellerin to accelerate into the vacated space , and use his speed to work the touchline. It's why many really like about him.
But more importantly, whatever you what deficiencies you accuse Walcott and Ramsey of having, and the former certainly had many, both always worked hard defensively when on the right side. The other stop gaps In that position, Inc Özil, have exposed Bellerin who is still you, particularly for a full back, and should be protected

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can't wait to see how much he will improve in next 10 games or so. Such a huge potential. He has all the ingredients to make world class full back! We are lucky to have him!
Name the ingredients please. Since end of 2015 and beginning 0f 2016 what has he shown.
His pace has slipped a yard or two.
His crossing has become a threat, I'll give you that.
His defending leaves much to be desired.
Can't really dribble

What are you seeing that I don't?

pikey2000

Name the ingredients please. Since end of 2015 and beginning 0f 2016 what has he shown.
His pace has slipped a yard or two.
His crossing has become a threat, I'll give you that.
His defending leaves much to be desired.
Can't really dribble

What are you seeing that I don't?
I think people see pace and equate it to class, for me he's Theo Walcott at right back ie plenty of pace, but not an effective dribbler and sketchy end product, plus defensively he isn't really improving.

As others have said before, prepared to give him a season under different coaching staff and having a experienced pro in his position to gain advice off of and then see where he is but I with you, can't see it happening but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I think if your going to hang your hat on being an world class offensive full back ala Danny Alves you have to be better on the ball than Bellerin is, he is great if the ball is played into space and he can make runs onto it but more often than not if he is in the opposition half with ball at his feet he will go sideways/back rather than attacking his man and trying to take them on, almost like he lacks confidence in his dribbling ability, if he could work on that then he becomes a real double threat i.e from making runs and also by attacking the opposition full back

blaze_of_glory

Credit where it's due for his assists but he was pretty awful in every other department. He's extremely frustrating to watch and it's been a very long time since he's looked like a truly solid player.

Oh-Zeal

Bellerin and Mkhitharyan are looking good on the right hand side when going forward. However defensively he relies on his pace more than his head

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Credit where it's due for his assists but he was pretty awful in every other department. He's extremely frustrating to watch and it's been a very long time since he's looked like a truly solid player.

I've cooled down after I roasted him in the match day thread, he really does the work of two players because Mhki barely offers any support.

What we need is a proper wide player who can push opposite fullbacks back and scare them with pace, acceleration and ball control. Why do you think even a jobber like Delph looked decent at FB? He had Sane and Sterling ahead of him scaring the **** out of his opposite FB.

blaze_of_glory

I've cooled down after I roasted him in the match day thread, he really does the work of two players because Mhki barely offers any support.

What we need is a proper wide player who can push opposite fullbacks back and scare them with pace, acceleration and ball control. Why do you think even a jobber like Delph looked decent at FB? He had Sane and Sterling ahead of him scaring the **** out of his opposite FB.
Fair points, that would probably help. But it still wouldn't account for his consistent poor touches, crosses to nobody, and too-frequent lapses of attention that either put him offside, allow a defender to ghost past him off the ball or see him be flat-footed and not receive simple passes.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Bellerin is a really good winger. He's not much of a fullback. How many times did he play West Ham onside? Kept getting beat and dragging down defenders once they got past him. As much as Hector and Nacho were beaten today, it puts a lot of pressure on the center backs to cover for them. Then it's the center backs who get slagged off.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Really crazy. Last season he was solid defensively for the most games and had good offensive runs, but struggled with the crosses and passes.

Now he still has good offensive runs and better final passes, but he struggles with the defense, because he is playing to offensive.

Emery and Bellerin need to find the right mix for that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I seem to recall he was pretty solid defensively when he first broke through the team. He also had Mertesacker next to him which would have helped immeasurably.

It's weird because he did seem to play better defensively in those days, but last year he was just awful and he hasn't been any better this year. You may have a point about Mertesacker. If he doesn't improve defensively, we'll see Lichtsteiner in there at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom