Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

And if they hadn't been signed, the cracks would not have been papered over and the full, long-term rebuild might have commenced earlier. Probably helps that Kronke has sole ownership now too.

Auba is completely different. He wanted to move to Arsenal to make a step up from Dortmund. Özil and Sanchez were no longer wanted and viewed Arsenal as a step down from Real/Barca.... Same with Pepe. I never said the problem was the money spent on the players...

Elneny and Xhaka aren't good enough/suitable for the level... Torreira, Guendouzi, Laca, Auba, Leno, Tierney, Saliba, Pepe are good enough, and many of them can improve at Arsenal...

How did Liverpool and Sp**s improve? Did they go and sign players from Barca and Real Madrid? Nope, they signed players who were hungry to better themselves through the move.

Wilshero and 6gunner like this.
  2. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Especially when we bit short at striker as well.

3. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

This "sole ownership" talk is pure nonsense. Stan Kroenke has been the man with the final word since 2011.

4. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

Is this fact or are you just coming up with this on your own?

Also, I love our business this summer but you’re listing two guys who have never made a match day squad and Pepe who has played about 200 minutes. Also, Torreira’s form at the end of last season was pretty poor.

5. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

It's all opinion. As are all of your points. That's how it works....

In my opinion these are signings that are better than Özil and Alexis for the long-term. There is not and never will be, a scientific way of judging that....in my opinion....

Are you trying to argue that Madrid and Barca are not bigger clubs than Arsenal?!

6. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

I disagree. Once you've got full ownership, investment becomes more of a pragmatic issue....

Flying Okapis likes this.
  7. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

they are coming because we have world class players like Özil, Lacazette, Auba in our team. We do not have any other thing to attract them now. Wenger is gone, and London is not the same it used to be.

we would have been a middle table team at best, without those guys coming over and winning us those cups

8. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Nah, time to give youth a chance. Nelson, Martinelli and Saka need to get some playing time. Ceballos, Özil and Smith Rowe can do Micki's job as well. And once Tierney is back you can always play Kolasinac further forward.

9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Is the wrong answer.

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Isn't Martinelli still in the U23? IIRC he's not officially a first-team player.

11. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

https://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players

He has an official first team profile on the site. As do the likes of ESR and Nelson. He was on the bench for Newcastle and Burnley too. We should’ve used him on the bench instead of Mkhi, especially seeing as the Armenian joker was set to depart anyway.

12. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

Nonsense. They are paid handsomely. Arsenal has a good history. Özil is on the bench and not wanted...

13. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

We are short with or without him. At least this way we save on some wages

14. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

15. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Best piece of news since about 2004.

16. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

[​IMG]

17. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

19. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

3m in 25 installments then

krackpot and American_Gooner like this.
  20. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Mkhitaryan is probably one of the most skillful players i've seen this decade at his peak. His reading of the game was tremendous, shame and mystery that he never figured PL out. If he could have reached the high level of a CAM that he did in Dortmund last season he would have been such an asset. I like him

truth_hurts, yybecause and levonv like this.