• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Mkhy and Özil are too similar intensity wise. I'd be dissapointed if at least one of them didnt leave. They go missing for large portions of the game way too often. When they play together in an away game its just terrible, absolutely terrible.

Fair point. There for awhile it sure looked like Emery would be wanting to move Özil on, but now it's hard to say (and Özil is saying he intends to stay, but that may just be PR -- we'll see). It's always possible that they move both of them if they can find buyers (although getting someone to take on Özil's wages could be a tricky proposition, so if only one goes it will likely be Micki).

lucky7

Fair point. There for awhile it sure looked like Emery would be wanting to move Özil on, but now it's hard to say (and Özil is saying he intends to stay, but that may just be PR -- we'll see). It's always possible that they move both of them if they can find buyers (although getting someone to take on Özil's wages could be a tricky proposition, so if only one goes it will likely be Micki).
No one will be willing to pay Özil's wages and there's no guarantee that Özil will accept a move even if there are interested parties. There were reports this January that we wanted to arrange a loan deal with PSG where we would pay a portion of his wages but Özil refused the move. This was when he was warming the bench.

He has no international career to worry about with regards to his playing time. Apparently he prefers to live in London over Paris. CL football may not be a big attraction for him if the PSG report is true. I'm not sure that he has any motivation to move on at this point.

HBL

Established Member
Accept it. Clearly got ability but just hasn't worked for him in the prem, wish him well if he goes & glad he is getting a chance at another relatively strong club

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

FFS, he wasn't off the pitch a minute when Don Raul grabbed him and put him in a crate to be shipped off the Rome.

Reactions: A_G

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The PL clubs are ****ing stupid for voting in that transfer deadline change. Who knows what we could have done with Micky, Iwobi & Nacho all exiting.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The PL clubs are ****ing stupid for voting in that transfer deadline change. Who knows what we could have done with Micky, Iwobi & Nacho all exiting.
I don't mind it if the season don't start in 8th of August while other leagues starts 2 weeks later

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Great news even if`s just a loan. Even better than getting Mustafi off the books considering Mikhis huge wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom