• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Would you be happy with Mkhitaryan joining Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wow, if we sign Xhaka and Mkhitaryan.

Then follow up with no ST or CB.

At least we'd be able to fully control a game with our midfield again, which seems to be were a lot of our problems stem from, Coquelin-Ramsey not really using the ball well, Özil having to drop too deep it was a serious problem. Of course I'd sooner have a top striker ahead of Mkhitaryan but I think fixing our midfield going into the new season would give us a massive boost in terms of having a decent shape, keeping the ball and being able to keep the ball higher up the pitch.

I can't see us getting a CB regardless.

Token Yank

I've always like him a lot as an all round player. Massive choker in front of goal though. ****ing huge.
Must say, this would be a typical Wenger signing if it came off. Not really keen on hoping another player develops into a goalscorer though.
I agree. From what I have seen of him he is a quality player, except he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when shooting.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Granted he missed a few chances against Sp**s but I really don't think Mkhitaryan is that bad of a finisher. Double figures in league goals this season and got 25 league goals in 29 matches mainly from CM position in his last season with Shakhtar.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Instead of Gundogan, Reus, Hummels, Weigl and PEA we are after him? Sums us up really.

The article says he is "clinical".
lolers.gif
Obviously haven't watched him enough. He is a good player who will be useful on our wings but unless we are really selling Ramsey can't see where he would fit in.

optimus

Apparently Raiola said that Juve wants him and he also wants to move there but Dortmund is not selling. They would rather have him play one more season and go out of the contract. Same story aplies for Gundogan.

BBF

We get a more versatile, more productive, more consistent, more creative, the better passer and less injury prone player if we get Mkhitaryan over Reus.

You think he's a better signing than Reus?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Reus has a higher ceiling but on this season's form there's a huge gulf in quality between the two, Mkhitaryan all day. I'd still rather Reus as he's unplayable when in form but he's been mostly **** this season, Mkhitaryan on the other hand is the top contender for POTS in Germany ahead of any Bayern ****.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I've always like him a lot as an all round player. Massive choker in front of goal though. ****ing huge.
Must say, this would be a typical Wenger signing if it came off. Not really keen on hoping another player develops into a goalscorer though.
Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen a player choke as much as Mikey does, untill this season. He's played on the right more as opposed to a number 10 before. Massive choker though, unbelievable. He would miss in front of an empty goal in a title winning game! It's really funny! He'll make Giroud and Walcott look like world class finishers.

Reactions: BBF

Maxim

Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen a player choke as much as Mikey does, untill this season. He's played on the right more as opposed to a number 10 before. Massive choker though, unbelievable. He would miss in front of an empty goal in a title winning game! It's really funny! He'll make Giroud and Walcott look like world class finishers.

Indeed, he loves a bottle job in front of goal. That last one is an absolute sickener.

We can do much, much better.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@razörist He looked absolutely dogshit 1/2 seasons ago, but now he looks like a different player to be fair to him.
I agree, I was just talking about his history before this season, though he still has those horrific moments in him. I think he would be a good addition to our team, very usefull since he can play all over lm cam rm! But he's more like a player you buy to complete your first 18, not a player to count on as a serious first team addition to us I think.

Reactions: BBF

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

First heard of him when he was the top scoring midfielder in Europe before he moved to Dortmund. 30 goals from midfield or something stupid like that.

I would like Reus too but Reus isn't the same Reus we all wanted a few years ago, he hasn't kicked on and his form's been very patchy since the constant ankle injuries.

Mkhitaryan is exactly the hybrid Winger/AM that Wenger wants for the wing. Gets you a similar amount of goals and assists (didn't he overtake Özil recently for most assists in Europe?) and it seems like he's put his bottling behind him, he's a somewhat decent finisher now. He's not a WC player but he's a good player and we need more of that in this squad full of average.

Something that also goes unnoticed is that the guy is rapid, he's a really really quick player. Would give us pace on the wings without affecting our control of games.

Last edited:

TopGunner81

I agree. From what I have seen of him he is a quality player, except he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when shooting.
In his first two seasons I'd agree but seems to have sorted it out this season! Think he's on about 1 in 2 roughly so far so looks like he's ironed that out of his game! Can briefly recall him scoring a nice hatrick at the start of the season

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This would be interesting. Versatile, can play different roles (AM, RW, LW, CM), productive at his best. He's had a really good season so far, put up stupid numbers already this season.

Not gonna lie and say I wholeheartedly am behind such a signing (if there is indeed interest from us) but this would be highly intriguing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom