• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Would you be happy with Mkhitaryan joining Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Noted that too watching Sportschau. Think that mainly tells how good a player he is. Mesut can play wide too and look very good, still he should play ACM/playmaker Same goes for Mhki.

If it's Mhki or (somebody close to) nothing I'ld take him.

If we'ld make a signings todo list, for me must-haves do not include an ACM/playmaker. Think we can use whatever our transferbudget is more effective by focusing on the areas where improved will bring more.
Right but it's not like Wenger is acting on the market with our needs in mind. He'd rather look at someone who represents good value than pay the going rate for the striker the team has been crying for for years. Keeping that mind I'd definitely take a Mkhitaryan who'll score another 10-15 goals from the wing rather than staying hopeful that a Higuain suddenly is available for 30m.

Not happening anyway though. His agent is Raiola and he's trying to sell him to Juventus; think the player himself also said he wanted to play in Italy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't Gotze be a better signing? Younger but still productive and scores etc.

Would probably be easier to obtain aswell.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Me too. I'd take Mkhitaryan but if we went mental for Fekir or Dembele or Mahrez, I would love it. Better if we went all out to get both Fekir and Dembele. Get rid of Feo and Ox

WhatAFC

Why do people want mahrez? He's had a decent season in a team that have excelled due to a certain playing style. He's far from WC like some have said. Far far better players out there.

Bananacoffee

I like Fekir, how is he doing after the injury?

Not back yet, latest reports are he could be back next weekend. Genesio says he is back to his normal level technically, but is a little apprehensive, which is a worry IMO.

Part of me says we should pounce now and hope he recovers fully, another part says stay away (this is the Wenger part).

Also @WhatAFC Mahrez is definitely not far from WC, and he definitely had/has more than a decent season. We could use him, so could any other team in the world.

WhatAFC

Not back yet, latest reports are he could be back next weekend. Genesio says he is back to his normal level technically, but is a little apprehensive, which is a worry IMO.

Part of me says we should pounce now and hope he recovers fully, another part says stay away (this is the Wenger part).

Also @WhatAFC Mahrez is definitely not far from WC, and he definitely had/has more than a decent season. We could use him, so could any other team in the world.
He's got 1 season wonder written all over him.

progman07

Established Member
Why do people want mahrez? He's had a decent season in a team that have excelled due to a certain playing style. He's far from WC like some have said. Far far better players out there.
Mahrez has got better ball control than half of our attackers. That alone should be a good reason to sign him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Like Vinci I'm a big fan of Fekir, either him, Dembele or Mahrez are the ones I've seen enough of.
Dembele seriously has me creaming, in an ideal world we would sign him up as one for the future while continuing on with our regular business.

Shame the squad is so f*cked.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People are talking about nobody players in a thread about GOATaryan? For shame.

say yes

forum master baiter
I'm just saying that someone "close to WC" can't have a worse pass completion than those 2.

That's idiotic. Luis Suarez has a worse pass completion than Walcott, Ox and Mahrez. Guess he's not world class either? :rolleyes:

At the very least you should be looking at the passing numbers in their broader context. Mahrez's pass completion rate is lower than you'd expect but that's because he plays for an extremely counter attacking side with the lowest pass accuracy in the league (71%). Similarly, Walcott and Ox's numbers both benefit from the fact they play for the team with the highest (84%).

Besides, if you're going to do a statistical analysis of the 3 I think this is far more telling:

Mahrez: 16 goals, 11 assists
Oxlade: 1 goal, 0 assists
Walcott: 4 goals, 2 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom