• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry says he wouldnt pay to watch Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

if he didn't want to..cudn't he just have skipped such a question?

A

Anonymous

why shouldn't I?!?former United player and legend.just cause he's left doesn't mean I shouldn't care bout him ?!

thegame24

Established Member
i think beckham has been very good since he left boring manure. he gets to do more at real and seems a very good player. however, as henry said i wouldnt pay to watch, hes a very very affective player sometimes, but hes not exciting to watch.

BTW DID HENRY SAY CHEERIO!?????? i need to hear him say it.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
ruud - why should he skip a question? If he's asked his opinion then he has the absolute right to answer it.

And how exactly does it cause controversy?

patrick42uk

Established Member
ruud, just because someone is a footballer, it doesnt mean he is not allowed to have opinions. I'm sure if beckham was asked now, he'd probably say he would pay to watch henry. Beckham is good and all, but he isnt entertaining like a zidane or a figo. i'm sure beckham wont lose sleep over it, he's got over billion asian fans who would pay to watch him.

johe

it's the sun, remember? they never write the whole interview, just the parts that really catch the eye, and never write the question.
I would pay to watch a good beckham freekick (not much) but I would certainly never pay to watch a full game with him in. Except if Figo and all the other RM stars were there of course

A

Anonymous

i remember a year ago, when becks was up for some world & euro award, and henry said becks does not deserve to be mentioned and zindane is lights years ahead.

Only true world class players know who is good. and sorry to say beckham is not that good. just Ask Raul at Real?

Beckham is a product of the english press who like to hype their players up because their national team is ****e and also he married to spice girl.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'm afraid I disagree with Thierry. Beckham's been outstanding since he's moved to Spain and I personally would pay to watch him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
I'm afraid I disagree with Thierry. Beckham's been outstanding since he's moved to Spain and I personally would pay to watch him.

no need to be afraid, you can have an opinion. becham has improved drastically at madrid. i never thought he could dribble, but in their champs league game against marsaille he did this cool dribble between two players and a shot wide. He was doing back heels and everything. Beckham is improving, and the entertaining style of madrid is rubbing off on him. however, i can understand the point henry is trying to make because beckham's game isnt based on flair (which is more entertaining) like say a figo or a zidane.

A

Anonymous

I would not pay to watch any one player!!! I don't go to Arsenal to watch just Henry or just Campbell!

Though I do only watch Real Madrid if Spandiard footy is on.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like sour grapes on Henrys part. beckham plays for one of the biggist clubs in the world,he is very very rich, and at the moment treated like a God by the Spanish Fans and Press, so i think the green eyed monster crept out.

Adam

Established Member
I remember Maradona saying the only player he'd pay to watch was Pablo Aimar. Such a fantastic player - maybe he should move from Valencia.

AFCG7

Established Member
I would rather watch Figo play than Beckham because Figo is always full of tricks and does different things with the ball..
Beckham isnt as flashy so he isnt better to watch..so i'd rather pay to watch Figo.
This statement is my opinion and does not mean that Beckham is ****..in fact i think he has improved tremendously since he joined Real Madrid ..
I'm not sure Henry meant to say 'Beckham is crap' .. maybe he's saying Figo is the better player to watch playing football..
I dont think anyone else will disagree...

myth ..if Henry was jealous of Beckham's money or star status dont you think he would have gone to Real Madrid over the summer.. i think if Real had offered 50 million ( they probably did) and he agreed he would be gone.. but he's not about the money.. he has stayed at Arsenal.

A

Anonymous

look..the thing is not about Beckham really being good or bad or boring or worth paying for or anything.It's the comment that he basically passed.One should respect a fellow proffesional.atleast that's what I think.I am sure we wouldn't want footballers saying stuff like "I wouldn't pay to watch ..."..or"they didn't deserve to win the title.They played rubbish"..These are things which might cause few conflicts between players which is the last thing we need in football at this moment in time.If you were a footballer and someone was taking your interview and asked your opinion about heskey (a fellow proffesional)..would you say.."He's nothing but a huge pile of useless cowdung"?!surely not right?!
I personally atleast thought he was being to blunt..but some may think otherwise..
cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom