• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I know this is pessemistic but...

Wenger can have a role... but losing him wasn't ever the problem, it was replacing him with the wrong people and buying the wrong players (not sure if you're saying we should've never fired Wenger)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This summer might be the biggest in the clubs history but does anyone trust the management in charge to make the correct decisions in the transfer market?

Their track record so far has been abysmal, nothing suggests that there are going to be any improvements. The whole structure at the club is a mess and they’ve made the same mistakes as Ivan Gazidis by letting our key players (Auba & Saka) run down their contracts.

Don’t let them fool you, nothing has changed.

This summer might be the biggest in the clubs history but does anyone trust the management in charge to make the correct decisions in the transfer market?

Their track record so far has been abysmal, nothing suggests that there are going to be any improvements. The whole structure at the club is a mess and they’ve made the same mistakes as Ivan Gazidis by letting our key players (Auba & Saka) run down their contracts.

Don’t let them fool you, nothing has changed.
I don't think anyone expects it, but we hope for it... Just as I hoped we'd come out of this break knowing how to play, sorely mistaken

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Newcastle takeover will happen. Everton will sooner or later buy right people and have a better manager than we do. It really is depressing.

Only thing to look forward to is Mourinho's sacking.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Guys like Raul and Vinai are clowns.
They have cut more corners than Gazidis did in his time. I can not remember us relying on loans like we've done for this season, or on free transfers and cheap rejects under him. He had his faults, he was stingy, but even our windows which were terrible never had this stench of bargain bin buys

GoonerJay24

We finished one point off top four last season; have some perspective. I know results are bad but it's the same as everyone else.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We finished one point off top four last season; have some perspective. I know results are bad but it's the same as everyone else.
We are well away from the quality of City and Pool and Chelsea have just gone and added Werner, Ziyech and are about to add Havertz.

We are well away from the quality of City and Pool and Chelsea have just gone and added Werner, Ziyech and are about to add Havertz.
This... This is why we are falling behind. We are WWWAAAAYYY off this season. Chelsea has gone through a transfer ban and is now buying stars for next year. Tott is ahead of of and likely not losing much, Man U will only add, Man City we're nowhere close to, Liverpool we're nowhere close to
Then add Leicester and Wolves who I think are better than us

GoonerJay24

We are 6 points off 5th place not 20 points; I know we're far away from challenging the elite sides but my point is all our rivals for top five have been inconsistent too and there's only five points between 10th-5th.

Despite our current performance's fans should remember this.

GoonerJay24

This... This is why we are falling behind. We are WWWAAAAYYY off this season. Chelsea has gone through a transfer ban and is now buying stars for next year. Tott is ahead of of and likely not losing much, Man U will only add, Man City we're nowhere close to, Liverpool we're nowhere close to
Then add Leicester and Wolves who I think are better than us

Tottenham are ahead by 1 point not 20 points; again I know we've had a poor season but what's with the mass exaggeration surrounding arsenal?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We are 6 points off 5th place not 20 points; I know we're far away from challenging the elite sides but my point is all our rivals for top five have been inconsistent too and there's only five points between 10th-5th.

Despite our current performance's fans should remember this.
This is the issue, mate. We are 6 points off 5th. This would have been a failure in 2009-2013 when we couldn't spend, let alone now when we supposedly can.

And it's not okay. We are supposed to at least try for titles, not just top four. And now even top four is far away. We are 8 points off top 4 and have 40 points in 30 games. That is not good enough. No way.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Don't just look at Tottenham's poor season as if it's some salvation or a Chelsea with a transfer ban who've already spent 80 million for next season. Don't look at United who look a different side since Fernandes came in and look set to do much better next season.

Look at Liverpool, City and see how far off we are

We are 20 points off City.

We have 40 points in 30 games.

Liverpool are 42 points ahead of us.

This is not normal. This should not be okay. It's not okay.

GoonerJay24

This is the issue, mate. We are 6 points off 5th. This would have been a failure in 2009-2013 when we couldn't spend, let alone now when we supposedly can.

And it's not okay. We are supposed to at least try for titles, not just top four. And now even top four is far away. We are 8 points off top 4 and have 40 points in 30 games. That is not good enough. No way.

In 2013 we were 10 points off fourth with five matches to go and what happened? Plus the competition is harder nowadays.

I know it's not good enough for a stature of our club but other teams are also struggling not only Arsenal.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
In 2013 we were 10 points off fourth with five matches to go and what happened? Plus the competition is harder nowadays.

I know it's not good enough for a stature of our club but other teams are also struggling not only Arsenal.
The difference is that we got top 4 in 2013 and in every one of those years. We will not this year. Next year, we challenged till Feb for the title. We did the same in the two seasons after that.

And that's just the thing,it shows we've gone backwards.

GoonerJay24

[
The difference is that we got top 4 in 2013 and in every one of those years. We will not this year. Next year, we challenged till Feb for the title. We did the same in the two seasons after that.

And that's just the thing,it shows we've gone backwards.

Right, but fans/pundits wrote us off in 2013 and every other year too.

I don't think we'll get this year neither because of Wolves' form but don't try to make out like we are miles off Chelsea, United and Sp**s because thats clearly not true.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
[

Right, but fans/pundits wrote us off in 2013 and every other year too.

I don't think we'll get this year neither because of Wolves' form but don't try to make out like we are miles off Chelsea, United and Sp**s because thats clearly not true.
Right. Which of our players would get into United and Chelsea's teams? I'll give you Spuds because I can't wait to see Jose sacked either

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom