• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is your support for Arsenal unconditional?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah ok I get it now, but why still an Arsenal fan? Die hard Barca fan, then a Utd fan up until Beckham was sold then went on to Arsenal around the invincible years, is Arsenal now your life long club you've found or do you think you will move on again?

My support for Arsenal was through parents choice but always been interested in fans who have the freedom to choose and how deep the support actually is.

At present Arsenal has worn me down to the point of being very 'meh' when we lose or have a sh1tty transfer window as I know we got 2more years of Wenger. I moved to Stevenage a few years back and attended a game a few weeks ago and just couldnt get invested into it. Stevenage lost 6-2 to Oxford who scored some amazing goals, was even clapping the Oxford goals they were that good, just dont think I could ever fully support them. Does it take years to build up the love?
you need narrative..maybe a player, or manager, or the club being an underdog. It took me aa good two years to recognise the players and support the club.

Barca...Rijkard had a superb vision for the club, and the club overall had dignity and UNESCO(?) t-shirts back then.

I chose Utd but never felt I would last...stuck around due to them winning a lot. But always felt scummy. Henry's two goals v/s Utd(Barthez kept kicking it to him) sealed the deal for me.

RoadrunnerReloaded

For the club support is unconditional. For individuals like majority shareholder or staff members, no support of those people is definitely not unconditional and it never should be. The fans need to protect the club against both corruption and incompetence as best they can.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I really have to do some soulsearching if we get bought by a bunch of oil tyrannts like PSG

Usmanov is probably a crook to (you don't become a russian oligarch by being a nice guy) but I rather see money from regular honest corruption than fundamentalistic religious oppression.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Seems like the mystical waiting list has dwindled and support is conditional. 3k for a season book and we have no money to spend :lol:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Unfortunately...it is.

Same with Orlando Magic (NBA) and all those years rooting for Tim Henman.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I take a break from football entirely when Arsenal start getting me depressed. The whole “Wenger knows” era was exasperating as he’s been clearly sh*tting the bed for a while now hence my lengthy hiatus from here (my name was previously psycho). Think it pushed other posters like Biggus (remember him?:lol:) over the edge as well

Arsenal has kinda ruined football for me since I refuse to follow any other team and seeing world class players/ teams/managers just makes me bitter. I’m a lot more removed from it now so I can just view things from a calmer perspective and just laugh or shrug nowadays.

Now that I have moved out of London though I am considering following the local lower league team more. Least the games are affordable and they don’t leave me deflated as much.

In short, embarrassing club, gutless/carefree players, senile manager, questionable board- just a sh*tty club in general considering its resources and potential tbh but still here :cool:

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Support is unconditional the money I spend on the club is conditional. First season in a long time I haven't purchased a shirt and won't be making a trip to the Emirates.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I like Arsenal more than I actually like football I've realised, any other teams playing I can only watch highlights because I can't get invested in the games.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Now that I have moved out of London though I am considering following the local lower league team more. Least the games are affordable and they don’t leave me deflated as much.

helluva lot of fun tbh

my local team started up again, and has now won two straight divisions and the goal is the same next season

The dude who was the best way back when I played 15+years ago is still the best player

He is over 40 years old and his mum still bakes and mans the cafeteria :p

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom