• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Toney

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,246
  • Views 76,917

Is Toney an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus at CF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Would be a waste, I like him and he’s a good baller but he isn’t better than Jesus. It’s like signing Raya when you have Ramsdale.

You either sign Fergie of Santiago Kane next year, only two options.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
80M ffs.

That's ridiculous.

If we get 50m for Balogun then I don’t think 80m is ridiculous. It’s steep sure, but not insane. You need to recalibrate, shooting a bit to the left there.

I’d rather get Osimhen for £150 in the summer mind. But if we’re in touching distance in Jan then I’m not going to say no to Toney ffs. Might as well put in the groundwork now.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If we get 50m for Balogun then I don’t think 80m is ridiculous. It’s steep sure, but not insane. You need to recalibrate, shooting a bit to the left there.

I’d rather get Osimhen for £150 in the summer mind. But if we’re in touching distance in Jan then I’m not going to say no to Toney ffs. Might as well put in the groundwork now.
If he was firing on all cylinders right now, then sure.

But in January he won't have played a competitive game for six months, only 18 months left on his contract, he has only played two seasons on the highest level and he is 27 so no resale value.

All that considered it's too steep, in my opinion.

TheDrunkenMaster

But in January he won't have played a competitive game for six months, only 18 months left on his contract, he has only played two seasons on the highest level and he is 27 so no resale value.

Resale value shouldn’t interest us, as selling isn’t the Arsenal way

Thrice

Even without the suspension £80m would be pushing it. But considering his issues I'd say he's worth £50m at best.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm torn because on the one hand, you know the guy can score goals and he'd probably be excellent in this system for a couple of years but on the other hand, for that sort of fee, why not wait until summer and go get Ferguson or Osimhen for a higher fee but a far higher ceiling as well?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He'll be 28 next year, so £80m seems a bit out of character for us at that age. You're getting into Evan Ferguson territory then.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I genuinely forgot he was 27. I thought he was younger for some reason.

StefanB

No doubt he's a very good striker, but £80M after all this controversy? Yeah good luck on that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If we’re getting a player from Brentford the next one we should be getting is Baby Laca.

Have been impressed with him for a while and he’s only 24.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Either get Toney in Jan or wait till Osimhen in the summer.

E.Ferguson is overrated. Can't be splashing £100million+ on a prospect especially with Bloom in negotiation. Let United/Sp**s argue over him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ferguson looks really good but can’t see Brighton selling him any time soon, he’s only 18 so would probably be smart to stay at Brighton for as long as possible.

Toney is a top player but 80m is a lot with all of the baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom