• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jakub Kiwior: Going Sour For Him?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't quite understand what qualities he lacks at LCB compared to Gabriel?

He is as fast, as tall, good passer, good defender etc. He is in the 94th percentile for fullbacks in dribbled past, so similar to Gabriel there also.

He is very like Gabriel to me, just much worse currently in aerials. And maybe a bit in passing, but he is 2 years younger than Gabriel and hasn't been long at the club. He can and will improve those.

To me he fits that LCB role in the future better than inverted LB. I'd want Timber type technical players, who are good at defending, as those, when the funds allow it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Coming into his own at LB and I don't think you can underestimate how well he's developed there in a very short time.

If I'm looking for areas to improve, he can be a bit weak in the air, which is a bit odd for someone who's been a CB.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't quite understand what qualities he lacks at LCB compared to Gabriel?

He is as fast, as tall, good passer, good defender etc. He is in the 94th percentile for fullbacks in dribbled past, so similar to Gabriel there also.

He is very like Gabriel to me, just much worse currently in aerials. And maybe a bit in passing, but he is 2 years younger than Gabriel and hasn't been long at the club. He can and will improve those.

To me he fits that LCB role in the future better than inverted LB. I'd want Timber type technical players, who are good at defending, as those, when the funds allow it.

I’m amazed you using stats on a player we watch every weak. He is weak defender physically and easy to beat. He needs to be sold in the summer and we need to sign a quality CB. Our luck with Saliba and Gabriel always being fit will end soon and we are done when that happens

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I thought he’d be the guy who was playing with nerves in a big game like last night but he was pretty calm and I’m glad he’s come on. It’s good for him that we stopped making him invert and play as a 3rd CB when we’re in possession.

Menard

I thought he actually had a few dodgy moments last night, one in particular when he miscontrolled a pretty easy ball on his chest and turned it over in a dangerous place. You can tell he's still not 100% comfortable as LB, his body shape and spacing are often off and kind of awkward. He seems like a shy/withdrawn kind of guy, so it's good to him improving and playing with a bit more gusto though.

Reactions: Xln

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I thought he actually had a few dodgy moments last night, one in particular when he miscontrolled a pretty easy ball on his chest and turned it over in a dangerous place.
Thought it was his only mistake, but I do like it when defenders try to hold the ball rather than just clearing it, fits better for our game even though it's a bit risky

drippin

He hasn't done it since
For the same reasons. White had niggles but had to play because of injuries, so Kiwior was tried for it. Only to be substituted for Tomiyasu at half-time against Fulham, and risking him. And he got injured a bit later.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

For the same reasons. White had niggles but had to play because of injuries, so Kiwior was tried for it. Only to be substituted for Tomiyasu at half-time against Fulham, and risking him. And he got injured a bit later.
He hasn't inverted in 2024. Those guys are fit and back in the team now and I do not see him doing it again.

drippin

He hasn't inverted in 2024. Those guys are fit and back in the team now and I do not see him doing it again.
That was my point? You said "we stopped making him invert", which makes it sound like it was Arteta making that by choice, and not forced to it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

That was my point? You said "we stopped making him invert", which makes it sound like it was Arteta making that by choice, and not forced to it.
Forced? Arteta should be smart and accomplished enough to adjust to injuries rather than being forced to play his rigid system with stubbornness. He is the one who claimed we ran thousands of formations throughout any given game. Dr Strange could've selected another formula.

drippin

Forced? Arteta should be smart and accomplished enough to adjust to injuries rather than being forced to play his rigid system with stubbornness. He is the one who claimed we ran thousands of formations throughout any given game. Dr Strange could've selected another formula.
That's an interesting view, to change the formation that has been drilled for the past two seasons, and brought results that has had Arsenal challenging for title two seasons in a row.

Rather than try if Kiwior is up to it at that point, which no one knew at yet.

Rather change most things, than one thing. Very interesting, but not very wise imo.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

That's an interesting view, to change the formation that has been drilled for the past two seasons, and brought results that has had Arsenal challenging for title two seasons in a row.
The strategy has not been the same over the past two seasons. The players we brought in have changed that approach. Raya for Ramsdale being the biggest change in style of play. If you're claiming our style has stayed the same over the past two seasons then why did Partey start off as our RB and Gabriel benched to begin this campaign? Arteta is capable of trying different things until he starts feeling the pressure of needing results.

drippin

The formation has not been the same over the past two seasons. The players we brought in have changed that approach. If you're claiming our formation has stayed the same over the past two seasons then why did Partey start off as our RB and Gabriel benched to begin this campaign? Arteta is capable of trying different things until he starts feeling the pressure of needing results.
Umm.. the other side has inverted more, and the other is more defensive one? How has it changed?

Same was with Partey, who was chosen as RB to get better build-up players to the backline.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
While Zinchenko is very important for our style of play Kiwior have showed he is capable of filling in very well.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom