• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

qs

Established Member
Re: jesus navas

TakeChillPill said:
Theo is as light weight as they come

When did you decide that? Theo has seriously bulked up in the last 2 years.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He is still extremely lightweight. Even Ox is stronger on the ball.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

I wouldn't say Theo is "extremely lightweight". Sure, he's not the biggest guy but there are much more lightweight players in this league.

DiamondGooner

Established Member

Ok let's be fair .... this transfer is not happening/

As much as it would be amazing to have him we'd need to fork out what £20+ Mil?

I don't think Wenger will spend anymore that £15 Mil from here on out in this window on a single player.

progman07

Established Member

Clrnc said:
Nah, Ox is getting overrated, I keep reading how he is better than Theo already... people should not decide based on potential but current ability.

DiamondGooner

Established Member

progman07 said:
Clrnc said:
Nah, Ox is getting overrated, I keep reading how he is better than Theo already... people should not decide based on potential but current ability.

........ hence why were all saying Ox is beter than Walcott.

In all fairness Walcott gets regular football as well and still gets outshone by Ox, Ox has better technique, awarness, passing almost everything.

Walcott has speed an eye for goal and match sharpness, pretty much it, give Ox the match sharpness and all bets are off.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

DiamondGooner said:
progman07 said:
Clrnc said:

........ hence why were all saying Ox is beter than Walcott.

In all fairness Walcott gets regular football as well and still gets outshone by Ox, Ox has better technique, awarness, passing almost everything.

Walcott has speed an eye for goal and match sharpness, pretty much it, give Ox the match sharpness and all bets are off.

Ridiculous. Walcott's movement is leaps and bounds better than Chamberlain's.

He hasn't outshone Walcott yet. The wankfest over AOC is getting over the top, seriously. He's a phenomenal prospect, sure, but come on.

It's the same with Miyaichi. Some said he could have an impact at Arsenal this season, even though he's not even half the player Gervinho is at the moment.

Quite a pattern on here actually. Young guys tend to be hyped up beyond belief, dating all the way back to the likes of Fran Merida, and even someone like Gibbs was touted as "world class potential" several times.

Now, it's Coquelin, AOC and Miyaichi.

Time to take a chill pill.

Accomplished

Established Member

Thanks Dokaka, excellent post.

AOC is good, but as a winger he's nowhere near Walcott right now. Wenger reckons he's going to play centrally anyway.

It's always "the next player" on here. Whether we sign someone new, or there's a new prospect, they're hailed as having massive potential or being ready to overtake player X in the first team, when they've done nothing to prove that. Then as soon as they misplace a pass, it's time to get rid and move on to the next top-quality prospect.

Cruisio

Established Member

^ Agreed

The problem is is that we as Arsenal fans more than most teams in the league know we rely on our youth prospects to become very very good, very very quickly

Hence we tend to hype them up a little beyond their level. Theres also the fact that a lot of Wengers projects in the past have turned out to be absolute monsters so we expect (more in hope) that others will as well

The truth is very rarely will players at the age of 18 and below actually look like they will demonstrate world class potential right there and then, and when they do it's very obvious (for obvious reasons). Only ones I can think of who have shown that for us are Cesc and Wilshere

Therapy Inc

Yeah, thankfully someone is starting to talk some sense about AOC. Incredible prospect who has a role as an impact sub but that is it for this year. His composure and decision making is leaps and bounds behind Theo.

I like Theo as a midfielder. I really do. I agree that he sometimes makes mistakes and looks out of his league but I believe that unless we get a top winger in the world, Theo deserves his starting spot on this team.

Jesus Navas would be one of the very few players that I would gladly take over Theo but I don't think it's going to happen so no point in thinking about it.

DiamondGooner

Established Member

Therapy Inc said:
Yeah, thankfully someone is starting to talk some sense about AOC. Incredible prospect who has a role as an impact sub but that is it for this year. His composure and decision making is leaps and bounds behind Theo.

I'll state here right now that from Dokaka down I disagree ....

Ox is a better player and if he get's as much game time as Walcott he'll prove it over and over.

If you can't see that Oxlaide has so much more in his locker than Theo then I don't know what to say to you.

I also don't think he'll be an impact sub, if given the chance I think he can be an important part of our midfield this season.

Feel free to disagree but I have a feeling Ox will prove me right and quicker than you think.

Therapy Inc

Theo had 9 goals, 9 assists last year. The guy can dribble but he still lacks decision making. When he played as an AM, it really stood out how inefficient he was as controlling tempo and possession.

I do think Oxlade-Chamberlain has 'more in his locker.' I am not disputing that but Theo is a better player on the field right now. He's older, more composed, knows what to do, played well in big games, won't get over amped for a game. It's experience that Ox just does not have.

This is the reason Arsenal doesn't win the league. We think that talent will always triumph over experience. We always sign 'quality' and nothing else seems to matter. There are some players who don't have quality but seem to get it done. That's experience.

qs

Established Member

Dokaka said:
Quite a pattern on here actually. Young guys tend to be hyped up beyond belief, dating all the way back to the likes of Fran Merida, and even someone like Gibbs was touted as "world class potential" several times.

Now, it's Coquelin, AOC and Miyaichi.

Time to take a chill pill.

This is why people hate Theo, they expected him to be the next Henry and now that he's a level below world class they call him ****. Its idiotic.

Coquelin is hugely overrated as well. The guys pretty poor at the moment TBH.

GDeep™

League is very weak

This section of the forum is a waste of time atm, no credible links/heat on transfers - which has lead to wish listing, squad analysis etc.

outlaw_member

Established Member

MDGoonah41 said:
dawn of a new golden era

Ricky well and truly left his mark, although ebouenolike and Floating have been worthy replacements. :D I agree with Dokaka, Oxlade is very overrated. I'd be looking to loan him out at this stage of his career, if it weren't for the fact that we're so short of quality on the flanks. The less said about Miyaichi, the better.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom