• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

Anzac

Established Member
Re: jesus navas

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/268459/-27m-Jesus-Navas-is-the-answer-to-Arsenal-s-prayers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... s-prayers/</a>

preparing an opening bid of around 12m.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

lol 'goalscoring woes'.

One 0-0 without Robin and all of a sudden we're in goalscoring crisis :lol:

Just laughable really.

But on the topic, I'd love him, but would prefer Isco.

Buhry

Established Member

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
lol 'goalscoring woes'.

One 0-0 without Robin and all of a sudden we're in goalscoring crisis :lol:

Just laughable really.

But on the topic, I'd love him, but would prefer Isco.

I'd prefer Isco as well. I was watching malaga in the CL-qualifiers yesterday and he looked quality. Good technique and dribbler, decent pace, looks like he has an eye for a pass and is good at the typical spanish pass and move game. He also operates more from the left/centre, I could see him becoming a Pires-type winger for us. If anything he'd at least provide an alternative to gervinho and walcott against teams that park the bus because unlike them he looks like he can play against teams that use that sort of tactic, also looks like he's got a decent shot on him.

Also he's still very young so he's bound to improve and he'll probably be cheaper than Navas. Navas is a good player though but I'm not sure if such a traditional winger would fit us and his former mental issues would be a bit of a worry. Also can't se sevilla selling him for under 20£ million but what do I know.

BeijingBaller

Maybe now that he is 26 and perhaps if he is mates with Cazorla, perhaps he would settle better then the history of his early anxiety makes us fear? For 11 million give or take, it seems like a deal.

eye4goal

Established Member

Navas is alot quicker than Isco from what I've seen. He does looks one-dimensional to me, abit like Gervinho really but better all round. £12m is a decent fee I guess but it is risky given his home-sickness issues

arsmile

Established Member

to be fair with the whole chronic-homesickness thing. He is a grown up man now, not someone in their early twenties- and our first team is pretty spanish heavy at the moment.

i'd take a punt on him over walcott- if we could get him for around the fee we recieve for theo.

this is a risk taking summer- if it doesnt work we can off him back to spain in a couple of years- he'll retain a decent sell on value.

if we are going to take these kinds of risks better it be on players like navas than players liek park 10 minutes before the deadline.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

I'd prefer Isco but what I've read which may adds a chance of this or another Spanish based player coming in is allot of Spanish teams outside the top2 are struggling because of the way their league earnings are financed

It's really a shame the way that league's changed from the days when Valencia and Deportivo were challenging and Barce were struggling to get 4th

goonerwarsh

Established Member

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
I'd prefer Isco but what I've read which may adds a chance of this or another Spanish based player coming in is allot of Spanish teams outside the top2 are struggling because of the way their league earnings are financed

It's really a shame the way that league's changed from the days when Valencia and Deportivo were challenging and Barce were struggling to get 4th

It doesn't feel that long ago watching Barca get absolutely thumped at home 3-0 by some lower league team and their fans were going bat **** crazy waving white flags demanding their chairman resign, how things change.

We keep selling our captains year in year out and i'm go down the Emirates and getting out my white hanky I tell you that much...better than a bin bag I guess

Anyway...back to signing Navas

MDGoonah41

Established Member

jesus saves (our season)

dead cert this one happens. to be announced before the sahin deal probably

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Nope.

A half arsed link that reoccurs annually.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

nothing shocking there.. whoever said he was over his mental issues with homesickness seems a little bit wrong

TakeChillPill

Established Member

Theo is as light weight as they come and he's been a starter for us for two years.

Navas would be a massive upgrade on theo.

Vela

Established Member

Navas is a better footballer than Walcott and a better crosser as well. Walcott get's more goals than Navas though. The Spanish league is less physical than the Premiership so it's hard to predict how well Navas would do in England. But the likes of Mata etc have been successful in England.

I think we should be trying to bring someone like Navas in as we need another winger. Not Walcott's replacement.

Buhry

Established Member

Yaya said:
Norberto Javier @ norberto_javier
Navas said in @ elpelotazocsr knows nothing of Arsenal offer and wants to stay in Sevilla.

Not suprised, don't see Sevilla selling him cheaply either. I still recon we need another wide/versatile option in attack though, I'd like to see us go for one of isco/muinain/jovetic but tbh I doubt we'll bring in anyone.

Dwangoon

Vela said:
Don't Sevilla need money though?

Probably a big yes ..

Well it is up to Jesus Navas, if he doesn't want to go, no point for us trying to sign him. He must want to play for us too, something mutual.

I think London is one of the best place to live in outside any home country, and we have Arteta and Cazorla to make him feel home hopefully, if that is his main concern.

There are of course other wingers/forwards available in the market if we're willing to spend similar amounts or slightly more.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom