• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

danccm

Re: jesus navas

<a class="postlink" href="http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-to-be-saved-by-jesus/15624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-to-be-sa ... esus/15624</a>

seems like cazorla is talking to wenger of the possibilities IF walcott leaves.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

If he really worth 12m then its another steal like cazorla one, but this will happen if we sell walcott maybe.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Glovegun said:
@jones I know Navas is well-known and a good player, I said so myself on the first page, but I do feel that some fans want change for the sake of it. It's understandable, new signings are exciting, but it's not always the right way to go.
The thing is, we are stuck with Walcott as a first team starter, and we all know he doesn't deserve to be. Even England don't use him in such a capacity. Ideally he would be on the bench, but the only way to improve our flank seems to be by moving him on for a direct replacement. His Sunderland performance was not an anomaly, and rather a very good example of what we ought to expect from him. People can point to his statistics, but you have to remember that he only scored 3 league goals in almost 7 months of football last season.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

given our team, i think navas is a much better fit than walcott. i assume we could get at least £18m from liverpool for him.

i think navas will cost at least that much, and whether he'd settle is obv an issue

walcott also reduces our homegrown number by 1 and we're already close

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

MDGoonah41 said:

Bit off topic, but I always wonder how teams like Chavs, City or Manure cope with that rule, if we ourselves are "already close".

I actually struggle to think of a single homegrown Chelsea player still at their club besides Terry.

GOONER1991

Established Member

jones said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Bit off topic, but I always wonder how teams like Chavs, City or Manure cope with that rule, if we ourselves are "already close".

I actually struggle to think of a single homegrown Chelsea player still at their club besides Terry.

Cole
Lampard
Terry
Cahill
Sturridge

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Alright, I just checked and it seems I completely misunderstood the homegrown rule. I thought "home" was referring to the club itself, and that the club the player plays for has to "produce" him for him to be counted as homegrown.

This rule is bullshit, they could have implemented that rule so that clubs are actively encouraged, even forced to develop their youth setups, the way it is now it looks more like xenophobia at work.

The Bundesliga for example doesn't have such a rule, and I think it's safe to say that the lack of this homegrown bullshit didn't hamper the development of German football.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Bundesliga doesn't allow these mega-rich owners, pumping money into their teams, like the Premier League does. Clubs are somewhat forced to put more emphasis on their youth academies.

Such a rule does make sense for the Premier League, but not in the way it is currently set up, as you say.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

MDGoonah41 said:
the crux of the matter is, does he want to come to arsenal and does sevilla want to sell?

I dont think he like rain at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak

USArsenal said:
MDGoonah41 said:
he is capable of putting in a heavenly cross
that's assuming we'll actually HAVE someone inside the box this season i guess?

Giroud looks like he's going to do most of his operating in the box.

Irish_Owen

Established Member

Interest like this is precautionary, incase Theo gets shifted out. At least, that's what I make of the situation, as I can't see why we'd be looking at another wide player otherwise.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom