• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

Glovegun

Established Member
Re: jesus navas

Kanonier said:
I don't understand why people rate Theo Walcott so poorly. He has a lot of pace, he can score, he can pass, he is only 23 years old and is already an English International. We don't need to replace him, just allow him time to mature and reach his full potential.

"I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against." Lionel Messi.

Lionel Messi speaking about Theo Walcott's omission from the England squad for the 2010 World Cup.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/805925/ce/uk/?cc=5739&ver=global

I think I prefer to trust Lionel Messi on this one. Walcott is class and we need to support him and pay him his £100K per week, before we have to watch him wear a Chelsea jersey and score against us.

Because everyone likes new shiny things and wants the club to sign some bloke from Serie A or La Liga that they bought on football manager and turned out to be quite good.

Kanonier

goonerwarsh said:
Kanonier said:
I don't understand why people rate Theo Walcott so poorly. He has a lot of pace, he can score, he can pass, he is only 23 years old and is already an English International. We don't need to replace him, just allow him time to mature and reach his full potential.

He also hasn't signed a new contract

He's asking for a pay rise, which I think it's fair given his quality and the fact that he is an England international. He is currently getting £60K per week just like Marouanne Chamakh and less than the £80K that Andrei Arshavin gets. I honestly would just give him £100K and sign him to a 5 year contract and add a buy-out clause of £30 Million. That's how you should do business at Arsenal.

Kanonier

Glovegun said:
Because everyone likes new shiny things and wants the club to sign some bloke from Serie A or La Liga that they bought on football manager and turned out to be quite good.

Totally agree. We prefer to bring some unproven talent to replace an England international that has already played 150 games for us and scored 26 goals. Where is the ******* logic in that? :roll:

GDeep™

League is very weak

I think he could atleast match if not better the numbers that Theo gives us, but he'll cost too much, will need time to settle in, has issues with being away from home etc - not worth it for me unless a player is really really special or a massive upgrade on what you already have.

Kanonier

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Kanonier said:
Glovegun said:

Totally agree. We prefer to bring some unproven talent to replace an England international that has already played 150 games for us and scored 26 goals. Where is the ******* logic in that? :roll:

Last year he had 12 assists and 5 goals in La Liga, hardly unproven

Yes, he has quality. But how he measures in the EPL is a complete different story. That's what I mean by unproven in comparison to Walcott.

Anzac

Established Member

Buhry said:
Anzac said:
Probably too much potential to be Reyes Mk2.
What about some of these Argie wingers - Gaitan / Perotti etc?

Lots of Argentinian attacking talent around atm, wouldn't mind us looking at some of those guys. The more recent argies to play in the Prem haven't done too badly either; Mascherano, Tevez, Aguero.

Lol - there's also some seriously good wide men coming out from other Sth American leagues - Sanchez & friends at Chile & some fine Uruguayans - Lodeiro & Ramirez.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

Kanonier said:
Glovegun said:

Sottobosco

Anzac said:
Was reading he initially pulled out of a pre-season tour to the US re his issues,
but then was going to go so at to confront his demons as part of his last act to put it to bed/behind him.

Anyone got any further info?

Well Spanish media doesn't mention this homesick issue anymore and personally off camera he seems happy and content [marriage + 1st child], so it does seems hes being misrepresented on here.

Its a bit lazy comparing him to Reyes, Reyes was forced to leave Spanish football to clear Sevilla debts in his early 20s at a time when Spanish players did not move abroad. The risk was obvious.

Navas is 26, a world and European Champion and has 6 more medals playing for a medium sized club. A move to Arsenal with 3 other Spaniards there is not the greatest risk in the world.

€15m wouldn't get his left boot though.

musicmonkey

Established Member

He's got a 35 million Euro release clause which is ~£27.6m. It's rare a player actually goes for their release clause so i think we could get him for anywhere in between £18-25m depending on the fight they put up and whether the player wants to go. Fairly plausible fees.

I think the guy's got a hell of a lot of talent and offers a better rounded game than Theo, he'd be quite a good replacement as we wouldn't really lose what Theo has offered us but the thing is he'd only be a replacement. I can't see us splashing the cash unless Theo goes and i think we'd prioritise getting Theo signed rather than selling. Whether that's a positive or negative thing i don't know. There's also his homesickness which could be an issue, didn't David Silva have a similar problem so everyone ruled him out for an EPL move though?

qs

Established Member

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Kanonier said:
Glovegun said:

So he's roughly on a par with Vela.

Jaded

Oh for goodness sake, he already overcome that homesickness issues for awhile now. And for the poster who mentions about crying for his mom, get over yourself. Navas was never homesick because he was apart from his mom (he lived on his own at Seville for ages, plus now he's married with a children), he just has anxiety attack when waking up at unfamiliar place, he missed certain object and places which he has managed to controlled years ago through therapy and adaptation.

Footballing wise, he ****s on Theo. but moot point really, he's not interested nor does Sevilla has any intention selling him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

qs said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

So he's roughly on a par with Vela.

Good comparison, it's not like one is a striker and the other plays as a winger/midfielder.

Glovegun said:
Kanonier said:

"I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against." Lionel Messi.

Lionel Messi speaking about Theo Walcott's omission from the England squad for the 2010 World Cup.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/805925/ce/uk/?cc=5739&ver=global

I think I prefer to trust Lionel Messi on this one. Walcott is class and we need to support him and pay him his £100K per week, before we have to watch him wear a Chelsea jersey and score against us.

"Some bloke who turned out good on football manager" :lol: You're talking about one of the most known players in La Liga. There are people who actually watch Spanish football, even when none of Real or Barca are involved.

If we have the possibility we'd be damn fools if we don't jump on it, not saying that Walcott should be shipped off, but that Navas is a huge upgrade on him. If Theo takes it as a challenge and ups his game - all the better for us, we have two great wingers and Theo gets his pay rise, if he sulks we'll have him as an option off the bench and we won't have to pay him silly money for his often flaky appearances.

/dream

outlaw_member

Established Member

clockwork orange said:
Here's my comparison with Theo (ignoring the homesickness bit):

Navas more suited to playing a passing game, more useful v parked busses and more assists.

Theo more goals and better when counterattacking.

Don't think we'll be worse, if at all, if we replace Theo with Navas or a similar player.

We would upgrade our team if we bought him in place of Gervcott. He's got the technical ability and vision which both of them severely lack. However, it would be a gamble considering his supposed mental shortcomings.

Le Professeur

Established Member

Where would Walcott go that is an upgrade on Arsenal?

Also you just know he'd score against us if he moves.

AFC-Phil

Established Member

If this was to happen, it would appear we'd be back at playing a 442. Navas and Cazorla with Sahin and Arteta in the middle. Navas is tailor made for such a role and Cazorla suits an inside left position quite well too. Obviously, I doubt this will happen, but it could would give us an impressive midfield four.

Glovegun

Established Member

@jones

I know Navas is well-known and a good player, I said so myself on the first page, but I do feel that some fans want change for the sake of it. It's understandable, new signings are exciting, but it's not always the right way to go.

Mudi

I find Navas gameplay similar to Ljungberg. He has speed, technique, vision and is a good passer.

Def. an upgrade on Walcott and Gervinho so I would be very happy if we would buy him.

Think of an attack like this

--------Giroud--------
Cazorla-Wilshere-Navas
-----Sahin-Arteta-----

Wow, Scary as hell :shock:

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom