• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joao Palhinha

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, Paquetá is just what the doctor ordered, but might be difficult to deal with West Ham.
It’s gonna be £80-90m. Don’t know why we didn’t sign him or Bruno Guimaires from Ligue1. Our number 8 position would be sorted.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Very underrated player but with Partey and Jorginho out I think our Rice cover should be someone who isn’t a like for like replacement for Rice.

Would be looking at someone in the mould of Xhaka, Jorginho or even Partey.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Very underrated player but with Partey and Jorginho out I think our Rice cover should be someone who isn’t a like for like replacement for Rice.

Would be looking at someone in the mould of Xhaka, Jorginho or even Partey.

I wouldn’t even specifically target cover for Rice. Look at his injury history:

IMG_9648.jpeg

Chance it until the end of the season imo and go for an 8 in the January window would be my preferred choice. Not sure if we have enough funds for Paqueta but someone of his mould possibly on loan would be a better choice for our current needs than Palhinha.

SupersoakerArsene

Wouldn't mind him, but he is way to expensive. Isn't good enough @ the ball.
If Partey leaves, it might give us a chance, since we have no ''killer'' as 6. Rice is a beauty, but is also a ball playing/carrying 6/8.

We need a destroyer, to kill games or play vs big clubs.

Would much more prefer a ''8'' who can play the LCM position. Musiala, Wirtz, Paqueta, Olmo, Baena, D.Luiz, Zaire-Emery, D. Doue, Kroupi, Ramsey (J.), Koné, Veiga, kinda player.

SupersoakerArsene

I wouldn’t even specifically target cover for Rice. Look at his injury history:

View attachment 20256

Chance it until the end of the season imo and go for an 8 in the January window would be my preferred choice. Not sure if we have enough funds for Paqueta but someone of his mould possibly on loan would be a better choice for our current needs than Palhinha.
Partey missed 7 (!) games @ Atletico. Twice with a hamstring injury. 19/20 he missed 1 game. 15/16 he missed 6 games (1 month).

After joining Arsenal, he missed 63 (!) games!

Guess it's in our DNA... ESR has the same problems.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Partey missed 7 (!) games @ Atletico. Twice with a hamstring injury. 19/20 he missed 1 game. 15/16 he missed 6 games (1 month).

After joining Arsenal, he missed 63 (!) games!

Guess it's in our DNA... ESR has the same problems.

Diego Simeone ran Partey to the ground. If you look at a lot of the players he’s worked with it’s a common theme after they leave Atleti. Arda said it somewhere and there’s even this:

Partey’s body probably couldn’t hack the change especially as he signed for us at 27 years old and came to London to just enjoy himself.

Also with ESR, didn’t he have injury issues even during those academy years? Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Arsenal aren't really at a point where they can make that signing, not in January anyway. Any January signing for the midfield is going to need to be someone who can make an instant impact.
We need to make them signings though, maybe not now. Why overpay by loads 2 years later?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We need to make them signings though, maybe not now. Why overpay by loads 2 years later?

Those signings are gambles. Maybe he's worth £60m in two years or maybe he's ****. People were keen on us signing Danilo but it's not like he has put in performances where your think he'd be good enough for us if Rice was out for a long period.

Players like Andre need regular playing time to get to the level where they'd be good enough and he wouldn't get it here behind Rice. Maybe if we were still a Europa team challenging for top 4 but not our current position of challenging for the league/Champions League.

I'm not keen on the Palhinha move but I'd get it. He comes in to replace the other experienced options and you know what you're getting for the next 3 years.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom