• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Cole

Do you want J. Cole at AFC?

• Yes

Votes: 107 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 54 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_rwr

Established Member
It does make it sound like Arsenal is involved... But it also kind of sounds like he doesn't really want either option. Whether that's because of wage demands or just deep down he doesn't want a transfer to either team we won't know. Either way, I assume that he is stalling for a reason.

Kraig

Established Member
hoping that if he isnt signing for us then its for someone like pool. As much as i dont want him to becomne a scouse, I like J.C and would hate to have to dispise him for being a yid!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
KY said:
Well Arsène did mentioned that "maybe" we're doing a deal with cole?

This is the indicator, Wenger not doing like he did with Gourcuff and Özil.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Doubt that will happen, as this move doesn't make any sense.
Strengehning our defense was priority Nr.1 and now we're in the market for another attacker?

Enough time wasted already, we should better solve our more important problems at the back.

Arsène leaves with this just a door open to have an excuse ready, when 90% of our attackers are injured, and the press will ask him why he went sign Cole. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
LIVERPOOL OUTBID RIVALS FOR COLE

LIVERPOOL have offered Joe Cole a massive £4.7million-a-year deal to become Roy Hodgson's first major signing.

Hodgson met Cole and his representatives in an effort to thrash out the £90,000-a-week contract for the next three years.

Cole could also expect a significant signing-on fee if he moves to Anfield.

But with Sp**s also in the hunt for the England midfielder, the 28-year-old is still considering his options ahead of the most high-profile Bosman deal of the summer.

Liverpool are desperate to secure a big name to prove to skipper Steven Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres they'll be competing for honours again this season.

Cole's preference appears to be to remain near London, but Hodgson hopes the prospect of becoming one of his most senior players will lure him north.

Liverpool's offer isn't a massive increase on what Cole was earning at Stamford Bridge, but the Merseysiders believe footballing rather than financial concerns will be the main factor in his decision.

The skilful midfielder spoke after the World Cup about regular first team football being his main priority, and the Merseysiders' can offer greater guarantees on this score than Sp**s and Arsenal, who have greater strength in depth.

Liverpool hope Cole will make a decision by the end of this week as they welcome back their England contingent to training.

Hodgson would want the midfielder to immediately start preparing for the new season alongside Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Glen Johnson who end their holidays on Tuesday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/880349/LIVERPOOL-OUTBID-RIVALS-FOR-COLE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... -COLE.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...STORY_NAME=soccer/10/07/17/manual_202348.html

Roy Hodgson is happy to see Liverpool linked with Joe Cole, but insists he has not held talks over a deal for the midfielder.

Cole is looking for a new club after being released by Chelsea and he has attracted interest from London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham.

However, bookmakers have suspended betting on which club Cole will join next season amid rumours the England international is bound for Anfield.

Reds boss Hodgson has not spoken to the 28-year-old recently and refused to expand on rumours he could become a Liverpool player.

"I'm not a betting man so that doesn't actually play a big part that betting is suspended," Hodgson told Sky Sports News.

"I don't even know enough about betting to know what that means.

"As far as I know, Joe Cole is still a player looking for a club.

"I know we've been connected with him, and it's good to know we're connected with players of that quality, but I don't have anything to report on the subject.

"I haven't had any discussions with him, but I had a brief chat a while back.

"If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask (managing director) Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me."

Timleaf

Established Member
Reckon we'll find out one way or another next week. All the World Cup players are back for pre-season, so Cole will want to get himself fit for the new season.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
GDeep said:

LIVERPOOL have offered Joe Cole a massive £4.7million-a-year deal to become Roy Hodgson's first major signing.

[...]

Good news from Arsenal's point of view.

Klaus Daimler said:
Roy Hodgson is happy to see Liverpool linked with Joe Cole, but insists he has not held talks over a deal for the midfielder.

Meh.

Cole would fit in well at Pool especially in Hogson's hands.
But I doubt that he wants to play Europa League (in the long term).

He's hopefully aware of the consequences should Liverpool fail to qualify for the Champions League again this season, if he were to sign for them.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I heard Wenger told fans after the Barnet game that Cole was a maybe.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Liverpool are screwed badly if J Cole counts as their attempt to please Gerrard and Torres. Why did you think Chelsea is happy to get rid of J Cole and get Benayoun?

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

And from the Liverpool thread in the Football section, Roy has to say,

Roy Hodgson said:
If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me. I'm out here coaching the team"

Seems that even if Liverpool are after Cole, Roy doesnt seem to have a say/eye on it. As i said, if not us then Liverpool > Spuds

fabo

6.51 / 10
I still think Cole is coming here.

Don't see the problem people have about this transfer. We have more pressing issues but it shouldn't be an either/or situation, and I'm sure it isn't in Wenger's mind. Cole improves the team, Cole is available.

Tough for Theo and others if he comes but that's life.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He'd be a nice addition, but really, I couldn't care less if he didnt sign for us.

arsenallegends

Established Member
fabo said:
I still think Cole is coming here.

Don't see the problem people have about this transfer. We have more pressing issues but it shouldn't be an either/or situation, and I'm sure it isn't in Wenger's mind. Cole improves the team, Cole is available.

Tough for Theo and others if he comes but that's life.

Cole would be starting at Liverpool, Tottenham and here. The next concern for him seems like his wages and we fall 3rd best on that list so I'm not sure why your so certain. The desire to stay in london might just throw him off going to Merseyside and the ambiguity of Tottenham's place in Europe might lead him here but its quite uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom