• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Cole

Do you want J. Cole at AFC?

• Yes

Votes: 107 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 54 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Rosicky will have a better season than Cole whether he goes to Pool or Spuds. We don´t particularly need him.

Rozza already has an assist from Barnet and is clearly on his way of proving me right on this one...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We do need Cole or someone who makes runs into the box from the wing , Rosicky has always looked like a player that prefers to stay deeper and make the passes not get on the end so much .We could do with both of them here really .

qs

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
fabo said:
I still think Cole is coming here.

Don't see the problem people have about this transfer. We have more pressing issues but it shouldn't be an either/or situation, and I'm sure it isn't in Wenger's mind. Cole improves the team, Cole is available.

Tough for Theo and others if he comes but that's life.

Cole would be starting at Liverpool, Tottenham and here. The next concern for him seems like his wages and we fall 3rd best on that list so I'm not sure why your so certain. The desire to stay in london might just throw him off going to Merseyside and the ambiguity of Tottenham's place in Europe might lead him here but its quite uncertain.

You think? Pool are broke and the Spuds wage structure is harsher than ours.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
May be the delay with Cole is because we needed to confirm whether we want Joe Cole or not and it depended upon the Eduardo deal. Big 'may be', but possible and will make sense if it is true.

Abs

Established Member
celestis[b:1drpmivk] said:
We do need Cole or someone who makes runs into the box from the wing [/b], Rosicky has always looked like a player that prefers to stay deeper and make the passes not get on the end so much .We could do with both of them here really .

Walcott does that and I really believe he can add alot more goals to his game, he is better than any winger we have at making runs off the ball into the box

Kraig

Established Member
Abs said:
celestis[b:1nqej43i] said:
We do need Cole or someone who makes runs into the box from the wing [/b], Rosicky has always looked like a player that prefers to stay deeper and make the passes not get on the end so much .We could do with both of them here really .

Walcott does that and I really believe he can add alot more goals to his game, he is better than any winger we have at making runs off the ball into the box

why not have two of them then? Cole is also far more consistent that Walcott currenty is.

Abs

Established Member
Kraig said:
Abs said:
celestis[b:2j3zlyhe] said:

why not have two of them then? Cole is also far more consistent that Walcott currenty is.

why not, only thing is Cole doesnt make runs to the box as much as some people are claiming. He is alot closer to the likes of Nasri and Rosicky in the way he plays

arsenallegends

Established Member
qs said:

Just going on varying sources really; I've heard that Liverpool have improved their offer of £80,000 per week to £90,000 per week and my suspicions are we offered somewhere close to 80,000. I'm not aware of Spur's wage structure but I thought at one point they had the most lucrative offer for Joe. Upon reconsideration it does seem pretty marginal.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Still hopefull, that Arsène's "maybe" on Cole was just a clever (or poor) attempt to draw the media's attention on Cole, so that he can now work on defensive signings, without the media surrounding him all the time.

Abs

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
qs said:

Just going on varying sources really; I've heard that Liverpool have improved their offer of £80,000 per week to £90,000 per week and my suspicions are we offered somewhere close to 80,000. I'm not aware of Spur's wage structure but I thought at one point they had the most lucrative offer for Joe. Upon reconsideration it does seem pretty marginal.

but Sp**s doesnt have to break their wage structure, they could just give him much bigger signing on fee which could still be more than the 90k and signing fee other team offers

Timleaf

Established Member
According to The Mirror Sp**s' highest wage earner is Ledley King on 70k a week. Doubt they'll be paying Cole more than him. But I suppose they can get creative by offering a large signing-on bonus or something.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Timleaf said:
According to The Mirror Sp**s' highest wage earner is Ledley King on 70k a week. Doubt they'll be paying Cole more than him. But I suppose they can get creative by offering a large signing-on bonus or something.

Ledley King is also the player who has their worst injury record, so Cole has a chance.

mo50

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
Timleaf said:

Ledley King is also the player who has their worst injury record, so Cole has a chance.

Also, with the potential Champions league revenue, they may now be able to give give larger contracts.

I think he'll be heading to Sp**s.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
mo50 said:
SA Gunner said:
Timleaf said:

Also, with the potential Champions league revenue, they may now be able to give give larger contracts.

I think he'll be heading to Sp**s.

He may have a good chance of joining them, but I still think he will end up at the Emirates. Wenger's response is enough for me.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Signing Cole also gives us 1 more English player in the projected 25 man squad. With Eduardo allegedly leaving, I think Cole would be seen as a replacement for him, numbers wise, in terms of attacking players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom