• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
He played well today. Put him in a 3 with Douzi and Torreira. There will be mistakes, but the work rate/ tenacity these 3 bring might make up for a few minor mistakes. Joe is gaining confidence it’s obvious. I truly think those 3 can go into OT and get a result.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A real presence. Stamps his authority on games. Has the energy and ability to carry when needed, physicality too.

He’s the only one capable of winning aerial duels in midfield consistently too.

The speed at which he shuts down players on the ball instantly gives us an advantage. With him and Torreira in midfield we’re much more difficult to play through because of it.

The fact that he can break through the lines with both his passing and running makes him a huge asset. Still areas to improve but he’s surpassed my expectations already.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Typical performance you’d expect from a first teamer who’s inserted into a youth lineup to add some stability....then you remember he’s a youth product himself. I really, really like this kid.

Two things to work on:

1. Release the ball a bit quicker. This has only become an issue as his confidence has increased, I don’t think it’s a symptom of poor football IQ but more of him just backing himself.

2. Improve the long passing or cut it out of his game for now. It’s not really a strength of his but it doesn’t need to be either.

nick gould

Another impactful game and didn't even seem like he was out of 2nd gear. He made a lot of interceptions and tackles today but some of his play on the ball was smart and incisive. Got a good finish aswell. He is making himself a starter before our eyes.
He made himself a starter in the Burnley game but Unai apparently closes his eyes when Joe is having key moments. Set him up for failure against liverpool and then used that as an excuse to bench him. He is so different from all our midfield options and is the only one with the legs. Just play him please unai.

Impact

Established Member
Typical performance you’d expect from a first teamer who’s inserted into a youth lineup to add some stability....then you remember he’s a youth product himself. I really, really like this kid.

Two things to work on:

1. Release the ball a bit quicker. This has only become an issue as his confidence has increased, I don’t think it’s a symptom of poor football IQ but more of him just backing himself.

2. Improve the long passing or cut it out of his game for now. It’s not really a strength of his but it doesn’t need to be either.

Interesting on the latter point because it was his long-ish ball that finds Chambers in space to assist Martinelli. Think @MutableEarth mentioned that Willock had more to show with his passing game and I still think that's the biggest area for him to improve. Still think his body still has a lot more for development too. Could be some player!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Interesting on the latter point because it was his long-ish ball that finds Chambers in space to assist Martinelli. Think @MutableEarth mentioned that Willock had more to show with his passing game and I still think that's the biggest area for him to improve. Still think his body still has a lot more for development too. Could be some player!
I think that was Nelson! Will confirm when I watch highlights.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Even in that Liverpool game he was the only mid who broke their press.

Sent TAA for a supermalt and chicken pattie too.

The way he’s slotted into this team so seamlessly speaks volumes. Even when he came on in the Europa League final he played his stuff and Kante was having a hard time keeping tabs on him.

There’s no real reason for him not to be a starter atm. He should’ve played a lot more last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom