• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Guendouzi is no fraud. Come off it lads. No need to disparage him to prop up Willock. Yes Willock should have played more but Guendouzi isn't a fraud.

Guendouzi looks like El Nenny No. 2.

I keep on thinking...why does he not show some ambition. Then I realize it is due to him being a fraud.

He was way better in the first 10 games of season...then, he lost his belief.

DasBootist

I got laughed @ 4 touting Willock as an internal Ramsey replacement, and now he's showing that he's ready to contribute for the first team one or two posters are echoing my thoughts.

I am the Nostradamus of this forum yo

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi looks like El Nenny No. 2.

I keep on thinking...why does he not show some ambition. Then I realize it is due to him being a fraud.

He was way better in the first 10 games of season...then, he lost his belief.
He's nothing like Elneny!

They just have long hair and aren't very fast, that's it :lol:. He is a better dribbler and a more ambitious passer.

Token Yank

Mugging off Guendouzi...the state of this fan base. Willock looks pretty solid, hope he gets more of an opportunity next season.

Ashybashy86

I got laughed @ 4 touting Willock as an internal Ramsey replacement, and now he's showing that he's ready to contribute for the first team one or two posters are echoing my thoughts.

I am the Nostradamus of this forum yo
Not to take anything away from you, but several people bigged up Willock way before the final, and felt he should be given more playing time.

9jagooner

Arsenal fans getting carried away again.

Willock - good player but definitely not internal Ramsey replacement. We always set ourselves up for disappointment. Let Willock grow into his game gradually. Yes he had a very good game in the Europa Cup final, but let's not get carried away.
The problem I see with Arsenal fans is we are easily swayed which is the reason we get mad at our players all the time. Imagine if we've not seen Iwobi play several games, after his performance at that same final, some of you will be touting him as next Messi.

Willock has a lot to learn to produce consistently. We are very short of experience in the midfield and it showed in that final. If we can get in one or two established players and sell Elneny and maybe Özil, Willock can either learn from then and take the little opportunities he gets or go on loan to improve.

That's my take

Ashybashy86

Arsenal fans getting carried away again.

Willock - good player but definitely not internal Ramsey replacement. We always set ourselves up for disappointment. Let Willock grow into his game gradually. Yes he had a very good game in the Europa Cup final, but let's not get carried away.
The problem I see with Arsenal fans is we are easily swayed which is the reason we get mad at our players all the time. Imagine if we've not seen Iwobi play several games, after his performance at that same final, some of you will be touting him as next Messi.

Willock has a lot to learn to produce consistently. We are very short of experience in the midfield and it showed in that final. If we can get in one or two established players and sell Elneny and maybe Özil, Willock can either learn from then and take the little opportunities he gets or go on loan to improve.

That's my take
“Ramsey replacement” would definitely be a silly notion. I personally think he can be a decent squad option, and a starter in cup games.

9jagooner

Definitely an upgrade on Elneny but how many minutes did Elneny get last season and at 19, will Willock be satisfied with that? Will it help his development if he's not starting as many games as possible?

That said, we should sell Elneny though. :)

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not sold on Willock being ready to start league games here. Would like to see him loaned out - ideally to one of the promoted teams or Brighton.

Mraven

Not sold on Willock being ready to start league games here. Would like to see him loaned out - ideally to one of the promoted teams or Brighton.

He doesn’t need to start in the PL yet. Let him stay with the team and be patient for his opportunities. Surely there will be more than this season. He’s a great impact player to bring on and he can start regularly in cups.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He doesn’t need to start in the PL yet. Let him stay with the team and be patient for his opportunities. Surely there will be more than this season. He’s a great impact player to bring on and he can start regularly in cups.

We aren't in a position to be giving two unproven players squad roles in cm. It would have to be Willock or Ghendouzi for me. Losing two experienced players in El Nenny and Ramsey and replacing them with Ghendouzi and Willock would be criminal.

I agree though, he does look a decent impact option. I'd push Maitland-Niles into that role before Willock though.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
would like to see an AMN, Willock, Iwobi midfield in a 4-3-3 in cup games. Pace, Power, Height and technical ability.

Doozi sadly is emery level ..cant attack, cant defend, cant control midfield.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't agree with this. I'd be happy with him going on loan precisely because he needs to get more starts. I think he does need to start somewhere, and the PL is as good a place as any. He's done enough waiting and being patient, and he was rewarded with token appearances at the end of the season while Elneny stole the little minutes he could have had and Guendouzi got the lions share of the minutes in midfield also.

We aren't in a position to be giving two unproven players squad roles in cm. It would have to be Willock or Ghendouzi for me. Losing two experienced players in El Nenny and Ramsey and replacing them with Ghendouzi and Willock would be criminal.

I agree though, he does look a decent impact option. I'd push Maitland-Niles into that role before Willock though.
No it would not IMO. You could make the argument for Ramsey, but definitely not Elneny. His experience counts for nothing because he offers the bare minimum. Willock at least has the verve and dynamism that you want in a midfielder - can pass, can dribble, and is even adding goalscoring threat. He's perfect for a squad role.

would like to see an AMN, Willock, Iwobi midfield in a 4-3-3 in cup games. Pace, Power, Height and technical ability.

Doozi sadly is emery level ..cant attack, cant defend, cant control midfield.
I would actually love to see a midfield with those 3 to see how it would work.

However, cannot abide by the 2nd sentence. Pure bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom