• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Another game, another goal. Quite funny how no one has bumped up this thread after his goal against City. He’s doing it so often it’s not worth bumping anymore. Interesting.

Now he has goals City, Liverpool, Sp**s and Leicester. More league goals for than all our attackers bar Auba and Lacazette.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another game, another goal. Quite funny how no one has bumped up this thread after his goal against City. He’s doing it so often it’s not worth bumping anymore. Interesting.

Now he has goals City, Liverpool, Sp**s and Leicester. More league goals for than all our attackers bar Auba and Lacazette.
Arsenal Mania told me El Neny and Cebellos were better options. One can’t pass and the other hasn’t played a good game for 18 months and isn’t even an Arsenal player.

Rattata

People care to much about his passing stats. Yes it's a clear weakness in his game, but he played CM for years in our youth teams and I didn't feel it was particular bad in the EL games either. It's more down to the way Newcastle play. Shelvey for example a player where most people would say his only strength is his passing only completed 60% of his passes today.

Iceman10

Established Member

Freddie knew.
A bit like Aaron Ramsey. When he played b2b before for us he wasn't a liability in any way, it was just when he got advanced into the opposition box he wasn't confident enough final pass vs. shoot, so he often screwed up with that and frustrated viewers. Now he has more experience and confidence, but we all know where pointing that out will go when people them bring up Mikel's management.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Keep exposing Mikel and your doubters young man, well done.

Yeah, it’s not like young English goal scoring midfielders grow on trees eh? Let’s sell him :lol:

Seriously though, he wouldn’t be used right or at all so we might as well. We can use the funds to sign Jorginho who has way more touches and passes in midfield.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
You have no idea how long this purple patch lasts. Whether he stays or goes is up to the manager we still need someone like Bissouma to start alongside Partey.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For people who want to keep him, surely the question you gotta ask is would you start him in our midfield? Cos the player wants to start games, he doesn't want to be a back-up player or an impact sub. So would we start him, or do we just want him as an option?

I'm sure he loves Arsenal and wants to play for Arsenal, but at the end of the day he's a professional footballer and he wants to play games. Everyone focusing on what the club will decide, personally I think it'll be the player who says he wants to leave to get regular PL minutes.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willock is a real head scratcher. I'd say right now there's no correct or incorrect opinion on him, we just don't know. He's really good at some things, and just not doing other things at all. It's equally legitimate to say "we need him to do the things he's really good at" and also "he's not doing basic necessary things and he doesn't have the all-round skill set to play here, so let him go".

How much of a head scratcher is he though? A loan spell has pretty much shown what he is. 3rd man runner who can score goals. If you start him as a 10 he is too high up the pitch and has too much creative responsibility. His touch isn't clean enough. We have seen this repeatedly.

If you play him in a double pivot and restrict him, he just fades. He isn't a ball dominant player. He operates in broken play and he is lethal in transition. He has had really good games for us in the league and he has the ability to carry the ball through length of the pitch. He did it vs
Liverpool away.

Is he worth persisting with? I don't even know how Arteta wants to play to be honest. We don't have the money to buy the players to play a system entirely based on possession. It would require defenders who are very comfortable on the ball as well as a keeper. Gabriel, Mari, Holding. They are not comfortable. Their passing isn't amazing either. I wouldn't say Tierney is a progressive line breaker or switcher of play. How do you play possession based when we literally have nobody who is flawless on the ball? All of our players lose the ball. Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Martinelli, Auba, Laca. The ball barely sticks with anyone apart from ESR. Yet we want to play possession?

We have runners who literally operate in broken play. Auba, Saka, Pepe, Martinelli, ESR, Willock. We don't have ballers to play possession based football and we can't buy enough to make it effective. We can buy more players to make other styles effective though. The invincibles were not possession based. When you have Cesc, Nasri, Hleb and Rosicky you can be possession based. We simply don't have that.

ESR------------------Auba------------------Pepe

-----------Saka-----------------Willock

------------------------Partey

Tierney---------------------------------------Aarons

Not pretty enough for some people on paper, but if you want to use positional play, there can be so much rotation in that line up. Saka can go wide, ESR is intelligent enough to know when to come infield, Tierney can go high up and then you have both Saka and ESR infield, close together which is when they are effective. The same can happen on the right. Willock can go wide or arrive late in the box.

What about build up? What about possession? Who cares? Just win the ball and go and get it forward as quickly as possible. For a deep block get an alternative Cf who can header and spam crosses.

I'd genuinely be more entertained by that, than playing slow possession based football in a horseshoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom